another elway blunder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another elway blunder?

The fact that John elway put all his eggs in the drew lock basket this season, a season with covid worries, is a bit of a blunder, is it not?

I posted a video ranking from NFL.com a couple of weeks ago that had the broncos QB situation ranked 31st in the NFL. that's just someone's opinion but that's obviously because the Broncos don't have a capable back up behind drew lock.

just some scrub named Jeff Driskel that when I googled him I found more info about him wearing a blue thong during a game than any info about his playing experience.
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-22-2020, 06:40 PM.
    sigpic

who cares at this point, this season is shot now

too many other injuries to matter who is qb
    sigpic

Comment

What a waste of a post, no preseason or OTAs and after a game and a few minutes Baph comes up with this.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        The fact that John elway put all his eggs in the drew lock basket this season, a season with covid worries, is a bit of a blunder, is it not?

I posted a video ranking from NFL.com a couple of weeks ago that had the broncos QB situation ranked 31st in the NFL. that's just someone's opinion but that's obviously because the Broncos don't have a capable back up behind drew lock.

just some scrub named Jeff Driskel that when I googled him I found more info about him wearing a blue thong during a game than any info about his playing experience.
        Most teams are screwed when there starting qb goes down matt Moore is no patty mahomes. Mariota is no Derek Carr. Herbert seems equal around with Taylor cause Taylor is a back caliber qb
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
          What a waste of a post, no preseason or OTAs and after a game and a few minutes Baph comes up with this.
          turns out actually having a back up QB that has starting experience is important to an NFL team.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            Most teams are screwed when there starting qb goes down matt Moore is no patty mahomes. Mariota is no Derek Carr. Herbert seems equal around with Taylor cause Taylor is a back caliber qb
            the chargers lost their starter and now there is a QB controversy.
            sigpic

Comment

turns out actually having a back up QB that has starting experience is important to an NFL team.
              The Chargers back up is Herbert ( no experience)
              Driskel has starting experience.

So basically your calling out Telesco?
              sigpic

Comment

also I feel like driskel looks better then Allen or flacco
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Speaking of blunders!!!!!
                  How bout the Chargers team doctor:
                  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oc-sources-say

Doctor? Did the Chargers go on the cheap and hire a lifeguard with a CPR & First Aid Cert!!!! Lol!!!!
                  Chargers Team Doctor: Mitch Buchanan
                  Last edited by 58Miller; 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Speaking of blunders!!!!!
                    How bout the Chargers team doctor:
                    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oc-sources-say

Doctor? Did the Chargers go on the cheap and hire a lifeguard with a CPR & First Aid Cert!!!! Lol!!!!
                    Chargers Team Doctor: Mitch Buchanan
                    I was just going to post this! you are right, this is a blunder far worse than any football decision by elway or anyone else.

The chargers be like: "so you say other teams like the broncos are more decimated with injuries than us? hold my bolt......"

Last edited by baphamet; 09-23-2020, 10:57 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      The Chargers back up is Herbert ( no experience)
                      Driskel has starting experience.

So basically your calling out Telesco?
                      Herbet was the 6th overall draft pick

who the hell is Driskel?
                      sigpic

Comment

Herbet was the 6th overall draft pick

who the hell is Driskel?
                        A backup quarterback who has starting experience.

You said this:

Driskel has experience, does Herbert?

If your gonna make the point having a back up with experience is important and your back up doesnt have experience, expect to be called out
                        sigpic

Comment

I find that not punching a needle through your starting quarterback's lung typically leads to a better quarterback situation as well. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            I find that not punching a needle through your starting quarterback's lung typically leads to a better quarterback situation as well. lol.
                            very true! they released a picture of the guity doctor.

sigpic

Comment

How can it be a blunder to play your QB drafted 42nd overall, who many considered a 1st-round prospect, that went 4-1 [beat the Chargers] and then use the salary cap to improve the team around him instead of spending money on a backup QB?

If Lock were struggling with a bad supporting cast, you and NFL.com would be saying Elway paid good money for a backup veteran QB who's not on the the field instead of giving Lock better weapons and more help on defense.

Not to mention that a big-name veteran QB probably would not have been interested in going to Denver as a backup with Lock entrenched as the starter.

In previous years the Broncos tried the veteran route with Keenum and Flacco, obviously it did not work, so now they are investing in the young QB they drafted.

Jeff Driskel came off the bench with very few reps as a backup and threw 2 TDs against one of the top defenses. Your starting QB Tyrod Taylor could not score any TD against the Panthers. Perhaps Driskel might be better than people think.

This was THE season to put the eggs in Lock's basket and determine if he can be a franchise QB, if he can progress quickly. Sadly, we've confirmed he can't take care of his body when being tackled and keeps hitting the ground in awkward positions. Last year it was his thumb, this time it's his shoulder.

The only possible 'blunder' IMO was running Kubiak out of town to bring Scangarello and then firing Scangarello after one season even though they should have expected growing pains from a rookie OC. 2nd-year QB learning his second offense is not ideal, especially after making Paxton Lynch work with 3 different coordinators in 3 offseasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X