X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Let the smacking begin

Originally posted by bcollin1
    You know...I'm sorry, RC, but I HAVE to say this (again):

Isn't it strange that the two most recent teams who have received suspensions of people JUST notable enough to merit news (therefore just talented enough to be somewhat missed) just HAPPEN to be playing the Chiefs in the upcoming weeks?

Broncos may get back on track on the way to the Chiefs?
    Suspend Anderson.

Raiders won a couple games?
    Suspend everyone.

I told you guys before, and you probably laughed then, as you probably are now...but scientists look for trends. You don't have to believe, but at LEAST consider the possibility.

Hey...at least they got the relative quantities right:
    GET RID OF AS MANY RAIDERS AS YOU CAN!!
    You don't really believe there's a conspiracy, do you? If so, why do you think the NFL would help the Chiefs? They're not one of the biggest television markets. And that would be the only motivation I could see for...um...providing a helping hand to any particular team.

Originally posted by invisogothworld
    Javalon= Frazier, too serious. I am trying to act like Sam Malone or Woody. Geez....
    Sorry, bud. I'll try to start acting more like Norm. Just give me a beer and I'll be content with the world.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by ReasonableChief
      Dibs on Norm.
      we'll make Bcollin1 cliffy, what dya think?
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Dibs on Norm.
        Doggonit! You beat me to it!!
        ------

Comment

Dude! That ROCKS!!

I'm TOTALLY Cliff!

I'll even FIND a postman's uniform for THAT shindig!
          Just not the shorts, I bet those Navy legs are pretty white!:p
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

And for me...future Materials Scientist & Engineer, at your service. I operated nuke power plants on subs in the Navy (duh...where else would there be subs?) for 12 years before coming back for my degree. If I qualify, I'll probably try and stick around for my Ph.D. but that's kind of like me looking to next year's draft before this season is done.

Of course, if the Broncos actually OFFERED me that Offensive Coordinator job I keep trying to apply for, I'd chuck the science thing for it in a heartbeat. It might be less money, and it would proabably be way less accomplished in most people's eyes...but you gotta do what you think you're best at if you have the chance.
            I think you'd make a fine offensive coordinator. Of course, you might offer too complicated of a scheme for the players to grasp (That's always the knock on KC defensive coordinator Greg Robinson when things go bad).

I wish you well with that job hunt, tho.
            Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let the smacking begin

Parity is the single biggest seller in the professional sports world. NO ONE wants to see the Yankees win anymore. Sure...having them in the thick of things keeps a huge market interested (and stupid reporters busy), but ultimately, everyone wants to see the Marlins win...or was it the Diamondbacks...?

Hmmmmm.

Or was it the Carolina Hurricanes? Or the Minnesota Wild??

Or was it the Chiefs...who haven't so much as SNIFFED a Super Bowl in 33 years...?

I have trouble keeping track, eh Normy?
              Well, Cliffy, there are a lot of other teams that haven't sniffed the Super Bowl in a while, too. I don't think that would motivate them to help out the Chiefs.
              ------

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Let the smacking begin

Or was it the Chiefs...who haven't so much as SNIFFED a Super Bowl in 33 years...?

I have trouble keeping track, eh Normy?
                Cliff:
                At some point, the statute of limitations on past Super Bowls has to run out.

Perhaps the vast right-wing conspiracy has kept the Chiefs down for 33 years. I haven't exactly seen any Bronco Super Bowls in the last couple years, except on ESPN Classic.

I need another beer.

Cheers
                Despite all the hype, once you finally get a hammer, you don't hammer nearly as much as you think you will.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Let the smacking begin

True...but they sure had lots of success when the league first started, eh? As I recall (from said Classic channel), weren't they involved in the Ice Bowl and such?

And the statute of limitations on past Super Bowls does not run out. Even if it did, it SURE wouldn't be at 5 years, especially for a team that went back-to-back.

Hey...I said it earlier and I'll say it again:
                  Broncos first, then AFC West (not Raiders unless they play the Cowboys or Vikings), then AFC. I don't hate the Chiefs (except Kennison, who I hope proves the belief in Karma later this season).
                  I believe we played the Packers the week after the Ice Bowl in what became known as Super Bowl I (I think the Ice Bowl was that year but am not positive).

You might remember that year for the sassy yet stylish vertical striped stockings your Broncos wore.

Comment

Originally posted by invisogothworld
                    I would not want to play the Broncos now. Poed Team on a mission.
                    Yes, i've gotta say that we looked good, but start talkin smack and u know what happens (ambulance siren in background)
                    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Before the Chefs there is still the matter at hand, da Bears. They might not be great team but if Denver looks past them that could be dangerous.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

so I guess SMACK TALK in the general discussion area is encouraged now? Sweet... Ill bring my 'A' Game to General Discussion now instead of the smack forum. Thanks for letting me know.
                        [nelson] Hah Hah! [/nelson]

Comment

I think the NFL is smart enough to realize that if they are fixing games, that it could ruin the league's integrity and possibly their whole source of revenue. You state that the primary reason to fix games is for money, yet if it doesn't work then they lose all of their money.

What is the risk/reward for the NFL to make the Chiefs 9-0? The Chiefs have an amazing attendance record dating back through the 90's, and they are still doing well. Now for the risk... the NFL would probably have to fold, restructure, get the government involved, there would be federal investigations, Vegas would be beating on people..... All of this just to sell a couple of extra Dante Hall jerseys?

Do you realize how many people would have to be in on the 'fix' to make this work? Eventually the word would get out and the NFL would lose everything.
                          Last edited by wesuckrealbad; 11-18-2003, 08:42 AM.
                          Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Before the Chefs there is still the matter at hand, da Bears. They might not be great team but if Denver looks past them that could be dangerous.
                            Very good point. Short memories here, I'm sure all of the Cheifs fans thought Cincy would be a walk too.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Wrong Forum

Doesn't this belong in the smack forum???
                              Rivers, Suck it long suck it hard.

You too Cutler.

Comment

BC:
                                The timing is a bit curious, but I still don't smell a conspiracy. What I do not know (and perhaps you do) is the timing of the tests. If the tests were a few months ago and there's some sort of timetable for appeals before the suspension is announced, then I'd say it's just coincidence.

I would say, however, that if one was trying to help the Chiefs, the suspension of Anderson would have been withheld until right before the Chiefs game to maximize its effectiveness (as is the case with the Raider Four).

If you don't mind my asking, what is your area of expertise in science?
                                RC well I have to say this but everyone should be an expert in their field seldom seen is a jack of all trades, tell me pray do are you an expert in F-Ball dam cause if you are home girl then maybe I can take some lessons from you <NOT> 1st TG is not quite the QB you'd think he was all around the W. W. O. FB, no mention of his name and if is it's not much to talk about, and DH only time he performs well is when he gets the teams most infamous blocks ie chop, hand,face oh well who could get the accomplishments with that kind of help.Damyam. I'm not a player and only I dream I could be. They're not ready for my type of science geezus I wish they were, I could be the best in any league the guys, on the team would run for me, and catch but most of all they wouldn't let an oppossing team lay a hand on me. I'd also like to say RC list your expertise next time, and don't forget to mention about your honorable team players remember how they start sneaky on the field, like little kids, point hands,cause disruption, my what we put up with. I guess though all is fair in love and war huh? I know for sure no one can serve two Mamouths.........oops did I say that?
                                Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                                X