IT's Lock vs Herb week!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT's Lock vs Herb week!!!!!!!!!

It's finally here broncos fans and even though I'm not smacking as much this year, this week is gonna be different.

first of all, I'm going to just say that I had my serious doubts about Justin herbert when tom telesco and the chargers drafted him 6th overall. I bought into his college numbers just like everyone else, not realizing the junk offense he was in and the scheme that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. not only that but he essentially fixed every single fundamental issue he had in the offseason somehow.

I along with many, many others were wrong. 5 games in and I gotta say, herb is absolutely exceeding all possible expectations and is our franchise QB right now and moving forward no matter what the current record is, if we miss the playoffs, and/or fire our coaching staff. the future is bright indeed and that's why I'm not an NFL scout or GM and Tom Telesco is.

that said ........

HERB > LOCK

who's gonna disagree?????

gonna be fun seeing these two go at it for years to come (hopefully) but herbert's ceiling is so high at this point, I see him and mahomes battling for division supremacy more than I see herb and lock. as far as this game is concerned, I know the broncos defense will come to play even without von.

I'm really interested to see if they can slow herb and the chargers offense down where every other defense so far has not. All things considered, I think the chargers currently have a defense comparable to the broncos and the chargers offense is better too. but will they shoot themselves in the foot? probably. but I'm picking the Chargers to win anyways!

Chargers 27

Broncos 20

sigpic

Lock sucks, there is nothing to compare
    sigpic

Comment

Based on several good and bad things for both teams, your score predictions might be off some. I wouldn't be surprised when they meet that the Chargers scored a little more points and the Broncos scored a little less points. I hate to say it but my confidence in the Broncos is diminishing quickly. I know, I shouldn't have a defeatist attitude but it's very difficult not to.

I still don't like a lot of the plays called and certainly don't understand why there is so much poor play execution. Are we that simplistic and predictable?
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Looking forward to it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
          Based on several good and bad things for both teams, your score predictions might be off some. I wouldn't be surprised when they meet that the Chargers scored a little more points and the Broncos scored a little less points. I hate to say it but my confidence in the Broncos is diminishing quickly. I know, I shouldn't have a defeatist attitude but it's very difficult not to.

I still don't like a lot of the plays called and certainly don't understand why there is so much poor play execution. Are we that simplistic and predictable?
          but this is the chargers we are talking about. the Broncos will find a way to plays us tough as hell, they always do. never underestimate the charger's uncanny ability to "charger" and choke away a big lead. no lead is safe when you're the chargers.

sigpic

Comment

Herbert has definitely outplayed Lock this year. I got the Broncos bouncing back against the Chargers 27-20
            Last edited by 58Miller; 10-26-2020, 05:28 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Herbert has looked better than average while Lock has looked well below average at the position. I think our D can keep us in there but Lock has to take control of this offense now- if ever.

Comment

This has the making as the game of the week. I can only see Herbert getting better and better, and that's a damn shame. I can't tell with Lock yet, I still needs to see a full season to see if he gets better while learning from his mistakes. Funny how I said early this year that we needed a bigger sample size, yet some people thought Lock was, a lock after 5 games. Yet here we are back to square one.

This one is hard to predict because Denver's defense can win some games. I'll go 34-30 Chargers, with most of those points coming in the last 20 minutes. Both QBs can make some exciting plays, but based on current game situations, I see Lock making more mistakes late than Peaches and Herbert will.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                  This has the making as the game of the week. I can only see Herbert getting better and better, and that's a damn shame. I can't tell with Lock yet, I still needs to see a full season to see if he gets better while learning from his mistakes. Funny how I said early this year that we needed a bigger sample size, yet some people thought Lock was, a lock after 5 games. Yet here we are back to square one.

This one is hard to predict because Denver's defense can win some games. I'll go 34-30 Chargers, with most of those points coming in the last 20 minutes. Both QBs can make some exciting plays, but based on current game situations, I see Lock making more mistakes late than Peaches and Herbert will.
                  you and me both. some broncos fans never seem to learn. nobody wants to be wrong and I honestly tried to pay close attention to Herbert to see what his weakness might be or what defenses could do to expose him after getting multiple games on tape.

other than some rookie mistakes and missing on some throws, I honestly can't see any. he's constantly under pressure due to our banged up crap OL and he's handled that pressure like a seasoned vet. nobody is more shocked this has happened than me.

sigpic

Comment

I'm also really looking forward to seeing gordon run angry against the chargers defense. I think he could have a big day, especially if lindsay doesn't clear protocol in time. if Lindsay does clear, that's going to be a tough matchup for the chargers to handle.
                    sigpic

Comment

Herbert is a fun QB to watch... Lock is currently painful....

I think the broncos continue their slide downwards..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post

Yep, and "square one" is getting old and tiresome. Most games usually come down to which team makes the "biggest / crucial" mistakes and which team makes the "biggest / crucial" great plays.

Again, I hate having a defeatist attitude but until I see the Broncos addressing most if not all of their glaring weaknesses with substantial improvement, I give our opponents the edge to win games going forward. Will we win some games, probably, how many and against who, nobody knows.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          It's finally here broncos fans and even though I'm not smacking as much this year, this week is gonna be different.

first of all, I'm going to just say that I had my serious doubts about Justin herbert when tom telesco and the chargers drafted him 6th overall. I bought into his college numbers just like everyone else, not realizing the junk offense he was in and the scheme that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. not only that but he essentially fixed every single fundamental issue he had in the offseason somehow.

I along with many, many others were wrong. 5 games in and I gotta say, herb is absolutely exceeding all possible expectations and is our franchise QB right now and moving forward no matter what the current record is, if we miss the playoffs, and/or fire our coaching staff. the future is bright indeed and that's why I'm not an NFL scout or GM and Tom Telesco is.

that said ........

HERB > LOCK

who's gonna disagree?????

gonna be fun seeing these two go at it for years to come (hopefully) but herbert's ceiling is so high at this point, I see him and mahomes battling for division supremacy more than I see herb and lock. as far as this game is concerned, I know the broncos defense will come to play even without von.

I'm really interested to see if they can slow herb and the chargers offense down where every other defense so far has not. All things considered, I think the chargers currently have a defense comparable to the broncos and the chargers offense is better too. but will they shoot themselves in the foot? probably. but I'm picking the Chargers to win anyways!

Chargers 27

Broncos 20

although i don't post here much anymore, i got different battles going on, but i will come back to say something

yes Herbert has shown alot in his short career and looks to be the real deal, i don't doubt he will be a good one for years

that said; me and you have spent years sparring where you stated the only stat on a qbs record that matters is

wins...Herbert is 1-4
                          lock is 5-2

herbert and the chargers have played weaker defenses including the two worst pass rush defenses in the league
                          two of the worst rush defenses in the league, three in the bottom 5 if you include cinci

as for the offense currently yes the chargers have the better offense, that isnt even questionable... it helps to be in the same offense in a year without camps and no pre season

but consider the broncos are starting two rookies and a third year player in Patrick and missing a preboil wr in sutton
                          their top two TEs are a 2nd year and rookie , three of the starting five olinemen are a rookie, 2nd and 4th year player...and are in their third offense in the last three years

no excuses cause they should play better, and lock so far has been a disappointment

as for the defense, no not even close
                          when you consider the broncos lost their #1 cb in bouye for 5 games
                          lost the HOF pass rusher von miller
                          lost their Pro bowl DE casey
                          and early in the season were forced to play two rookies in starting CB roles

and still have the chargers beat in nearly all statistics despite playing much better offenses like the steelers, titans
                          we are 9th in sacks the chargers 21st
                          we are 5th in passing yards allowed, the chargers 14th
                          we are 6th in passing TDs, the chargers14th
                          we are 7th in rush refense, the chargers 11th

that all said i like Herbert and he has shown more of what you want to see as a starting qb than has lock for sure
                          Last edited by arapaho; 10-27-2020, 03:14 PM.
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

although i don't post here much anymore, i got different battles going on, but i will come back to say something

yes Herbert has shown alot in his short career and looks to be the real deal, i don't doubt he will be a good one for years

that said; me and you have spent years sparring where you stated the only stat on a qbs record that matters is

wins...Herbert is 1-4
                            lock is 5-2

herbert and the chargers have played weaker defenses including the two worst pass rush defenses in the league
                            two of the worst rush defenses in the league, three in the bottom 5 if you include cinci

as for the offense currently yes the chargers have the better offense, that isnt even questionable... it helps to be in the same offense in a year without camps and no pre season

but consider the broncos are starting two rookies and a third year player in Patrick and missing a preboil wr in sutton
                            their top two TEs are a 2nd year and rookie , three of the starting five olinemen are a rookie, 2nd and 4th year player...and are in their third offense in the last three years

no excuses cause they should play better, and lock so far has been a disappointment

as for the defense, no not even close
                            when you consider the broncos lost their #1 cb in bouye for 5 games
                            lost the HOF pass rusher von miller
                            lost their Pro bowl DE casey
                            and early in the season were forced to play two rookies in starting CB roles

and still have the chargers beat in nearly all statistics despite playing much better offenses like the steelers, titans
                            we are 9th in sacks the chargers 21st
                            we are 5th in passing yards allowed, the chargers 14th
                            we are 6th in passing TDs, the chargers14th
                            we are 7th in rush refense, the chargers 11th

that all said i like Herbert and he has shown more of what you want to see as a starting qb than has lock for sure
                            That’s what I’m excited to see this week! We’ve seen Herbert shred the Jags defense, will he do the same to us?
                            ....also, can Lock fair better vs a Charger defense that had its hands full vs the Jags?
                            WE ARE GONNA FIND OUT SUNDAY!!!!

Unlike many Bronco fans who have already given up on the season and want Elway, Lock, and co. Gone now!!!!!......I am more on board with Noah Fant: I'm still positive about it, but at some point it's like, put up or shut up, and buckle down and get these things going."
                            Lets go Broncos
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

really should have just posted this and it would have been fine.

but I'm going to make a few points.

1. both our teams are the same age (25.6 average)

2. both of our teams have been hit with the injury bug.

3. Per dropback, Herb is under pressure: 43.7% (4th highest). Adjusted completion percentage when under pressure: 73.5% (t-9th highest). now ask yourself if it matters what rank the opposing teams pass rush is. he's been underfire regardless and he's delivered.

4. Herb has 8 TD's this year where the ball has traveled 20 yards or more which is tied for best in the NFL (Wilson is insane this year).

5. 3rd down Passer Rating: 1. Justin Herbert 138.2 2. Patrick Mahomes 132.0 All other QBs: 120 or lower. small sample size but he's been clutch so far.

6. Justin Herbert has 482 passing yards when pressured Tied for the 2nd most among all NFL QBs (oct 14th)

7. no i have never said only winning matters to a QB. if only we could have an honest debate for once.

/smack

hang in there rap, don't give up!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X