IT's Lock vs Herb week!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

really should have just posted this and it would have been fine.

but I'm going to make a few points.

1. both our teams are the same age (25.6 average)

2. both of our teams have been hit with the injury bug.

3. Per dropback, Herb is under pressure: 43.7% (4th highest). Adjusted completion percentage when under pressure: 73.5% (t-9th highest). now ask yourself if it matters what rank the opposing teams pass rush is. he's been underfire regardless and he's delivered.

4. Herb has 8 TD's this year where the ball has traveled 20 yards or more which is tied for best in the NFL (Wilson is insane this year).

5. 3rd down Passer Rating: 1. Justin Herbert 138.2 2. Patrick Mahomes 132.0 All other QBs: 120 or lower. small sample size but he's been clutch so far.

6. Justin Herbert has 482 passing yards when pressured Tied for the 2nd most among all NFL QBs (oct 14th)

7. no i have never said only winning matters to a QB. if only we could have an honest debate for once.

/smack

hang in there rap, don't give up!
    I hope Herbert puts up more great stats and we get the win!!!!
    Baphs when the greatest Qb’s of all time are brought up they all have something in common, winning!

Herbert has looked good, he has put up great stats, but all those stats have only been good enough to beat the Jags!!!

against Denver’s 7th ranked pass defense you think he is gonna continue to roll?

Last edited by 58Miller; 10-27-2020, 08:27 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I think Phil is going to be our next QB

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        I hope Herbert puts up more great stats and we get the win!!!!
        Baphs when the greatest Qb’s of all time are brought up they all have something in common, winning!
        of course! but herbert isn't a finished product, he's a rookie who has 5 games under his belt.

john elway rookie win/loss record = 4-6

peyton manning rookie record = 3-13

he's a rookie that looks like the real deal, lets not start comparing him to the greatest QB's just yet, even though some of the greatest QB's struggled to win their rookie years too! part of being a rookie is learning how to finish games when you have the lead. however, that has been an issue for the chargers for the past few years, not just when herbert has started.

I don't have tons of faith in this coaching staff anymore, I like some of the coaches but they seem to get out coached in the second half constantly. they put good game plans together but after the opposing coaches make adjustments they just keep trying the same stuff not making adjustments themselves.

Herbert has looked good, he has put up great stats, but all those stats have only been good enough to beat the Jags!!!

against Denver’s 7th ranked pass defense you think he is gonna continue to roll?
        the best defense he has faced is tampa, who has a really good defense overall. they shut down our running game and herbert still gave them all they could handle. the chargers have scored points and have had leads in all of their games only to choke them away for various reasons.

in the tampa game he still had almost 300 yards passing with 3 TD's and 1 int. most of the teams they have faced also had an offense capable of making big comebacks, I'm not sure if Denver does.

so we will see, I'm sure Denver's defense will play us tough like they always do (i already recognized this BTW) but if the chargers jump out to a multi-score lead, it will be difficult for the broncos to come back and win like all the other teams have done against the chargers.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
          I think Phil is going to be our next QB
          watching herbert has been amazing but it also makes me realize even more just how good rivers was despite him not having the best physical tools in the world.
          sigpic

Comment

Lock sucks and TBH, I hope you guys beat us pretty badly so that we can start selling off pieces for draft capital. This season is pretty much over for us.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
              Lock sucks and TBH, I hope you guys beat us pretty badly so that we can start selling off pieces for draft capital. This season is pretty much over for us.
              Sunday you will root for the Chargers, and when the Broncos are good you will go back to rooting for them?

Different stroke for different folks

Baphs looks like you got a fellow fan, imagine if No Ring gets back from his business trip, their will be 3 of you like the Broncos Lombardi’s
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
                this is why i hate the new system and wont post here much anymore...if there was ever a whiny sorry neg worthy post its this one ^^
                sigpic
                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

this is why i hate the new system and wont post here much anymore...if there was ever a whiny sorry neg worthy post its this one ^^
                  To bad we can’t trade fans lol!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

not that negging people actually means anything, it would be better to have an up/down voting system like reddit IMO.

but yeah, lots of fans like that and that's their choice but for me.......

sigpic

Comment

To bad we can’t trade fans lol!!!!!
                      why not just let them have their opinion?
                      sigpic

Comment

why not just let them have their opinion?
                        baphs defending a bronco fan opinion!........a Bronco fan rooting for the Chargers to beat the Broncos are the victims Baphs is willing to defend lol!!!!!

Last edited by 58Miller; 10-29-2020, 07:48 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

baphs defending a bronco fan opinion!........a Bronco fan rooting for the Chargers to beat the Broncos are the victims Baphs is willing to defend lol!!!!!

except I don't even agree with his opinion? If I agreed with him I would be saying the same thing since the chargers are pretty much in the same boat aside from the QB issues.

all broncos fans must think exactly like 58miller or get the hell out!!!!!!

Last edited by baphamet; 10-29-2020, 08:07 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

except I don't even agree with his opinion? If I agreed with him I would be saying the same thing since the chargers are pretty much in the same boat aside from the QB issues.

I would hope bronco fans would root for the Broncos to win, especially against a division rival, but I guess that’s just me!!!!
                            how times have changed
                            sigpic

Comment

i dont even think its that way...if your going to claim to be a bronco fan...then how the hell can you hope they get beat and sell off their good players...you dont!!

i have never once ever hoped my team would lose...just like i bet you have never hoped your team would...we may have expected a loss...but never hoped for a loss

sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

It's finally here broncos fans and even though I'm not smacking as much this year, this week is gonna be different.

first of all, I'm going to just say that I had my serious doubts about Justin herbert when tom telesco and the chargers drafted him 6th overall. I bought into his college numbers just like everyone else, not realizing the junk offense he was in and the scheme that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. not only that but he essentially fixed every single fundamental issue he had in the offseason somehow.

I along with many, many others were wrong. 5 games in and I gotta say, herb is absolutely exceeding all possible expectations and is our franchise QB right now and moving forward no matter what the current record is, if we miss the playoffs, and/or fire our coaching staff. the future is bright indeed and that's why I'm not an NFL scout or GM and Tom Telesco is.

that said ........

HERB > LOCK

who's gonna disagree?????

gonna be fun seeing these two go at it for years to come (hopefully) but herbert's ceiling is so high at this point, I see him and mahomes battling for division supremacy more than I see herb and lock. as far as this game is concerned, I know the broncos defense will come to play even without von.

I'm really interested to see if they can slow herb and the chargers offense down where every other defense so far has not. All things considered, I think the chargers currently have a defense comparable to the broncos and the chargers offense is better too. but will they shoot themselves in the foot? probably. but I'm picking the Chargers to win anyways!

Chargers 27

Broncos 20

Comment

Working...
                                X