X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

he did struggle against the jags in the first half but another thing that's kinda crazy is he's doing it mostly himself without much of a running game. he definitely could have a bad game against the Broncos and it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm mostly worried about the OL and the run defense. if the broncos are smart they will run the ball A LOT, it will keep the ball out of herberts' hands and it's the weakness of the defense right now. with both lindsay and gordon in the game it's not going to be easy.
    I picked him up in every fantasy league I could before the Saints game. During the Jacksonville game, I looked at his numbers and said, "Yeah...that'll hold up." lol.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Herbert's going to have to have a down game. That's all there is to it. Anybody who's really watched Herbert and those receivers play this year, knows our secondary doesn't create turnovers, and know how good KC and TB's secondaries are can see that. He's bound to have a bad outing sooner or later, and maybe Fangio can help him out with that.
    he did struggle against the jags in the first half but another thing that's kinda crazy is he's doing it mostly himself without much of a running game. he definitely could have a bad game against the Broncos and it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm mostly worried about the OL and the run defense. if the broncos are smart they will run the ball A LOT, it will keep the ball out of herberts' hands and it's the weakness of the defense right now. with both lindsay and gordon in the game it's not going to be easy.
    Last edited by baphamet; 10-31-2020, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Chargers 28 Denver 16 lock has two picks in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

the Bucs pass defense isn't that much worse than the broncos and they got torched all the same. however, I do think the Broncos defense will present the biggest challenge of the season so far. the broncos defense always plays us tough and on top of that, the Broncos are going to be able to pressure herbert a lot. the chargers OL was already beat up and bad and now the backup RG is injured and has covid.

that charger OL is in trouble and the Denver pass rush is decent. if herbert was to have a big performance again, I will be even more impressed.
    Herbert's going to have to have a down game. That's all there is to it. Anybody who's really watched Herbert and those receivers play this year, knows our secondary doesn't create turnovers, and know how good KC and TB's secondaries are can see that. He's bound to have a bad outing sooner or later, and maybe Fangio can help him out with that.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Now the team has Covid... great.... not even a chance to lose honestly...
    right! no chance to be up by 2-3 scores only to rip my heart out in the 4th quarter.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Now the team has Covid... great.... not even a chance to lose honestly...

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Another story to this matchup is Herbert will face the best pass defense he has seen all year and the broncos will face the best passing offense they have seen all year
    who wins that battle?
    “Fixing to find out!”
    the Bucs pass defense isn't that much worse than the broncos and they got torched all the same. however, I do think the Broncos defense will present the biggest challenge of the season so far. the broncos defense always plays us tough and on top of that, the Broncos are going to be able to pressure herbert a lot. the chargers OL was already beat up and bad and now the backup RG is injured and has covid.

that charger OL is in trouble and the Denver pass rush is decent. if herbert was to have a big performance again, I will be even more impressed.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Another story to this matchup is Herbert will face the best pass defense he has seen all year and the broncos will face the best passing offense they have seen all year
    who wins that battle?
    “Fixing to find out!”

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Herbert has a rate of 108.1.......only 6 QBs (that have statistical relevance) are better. Pretty darn good for a rook, minus their #1 back. Lets also remember that Herbert was raved about a couple of years ago, so this is a bit surprising, but not shocking. And good for him for his early success!

Lock had a good start in The NFL, last season. Sure, he's not playing great this year, but far too early to know where he will be in a year or two, or more.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    It's finally here broncos fans and even though I'm not smacking as much this year, this week is gonna be different.

first of all, I'm going to just say that I had my serious doubts about Justin herbert when tom telesco and the chargers drafted him 6th overall. I bought into his college numbers just like everyone else, not realizing the junk offense he was in and the scheme that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. not only that but he essentially fixed every single fundamental issue he had in the offseason somehow.

I along with many, many others were wrong. 5 games in and I gotta say, herb is absolutely exceeding all possible expectations and is our franchise QB right now and moving forward no matter what the current record is, if we miss the playoffs, and/or fire our coaching staff. the future is bright indeed and that's why I'm not an NFL scout or GM and Tom Telesco is.

that said ........

HERB > LOCK

who's gonna disagree?????

gonna be fun seeing these two go at it for years to come (hopefully) but herbert's ceiling is so high at this point, I see him and mahomes battling for division supremacy more than I see herb and lock. as far as this game is concerned, I know the broncos defense will come to play even without von.

I'm really interested to see if they can slow herb and the chargers offense down where every other defense so far has not. All things considered, I think the chargers currently have a defense comparable to the broncos and the chargers offense is better too. but will they shoot themselves in the foot? probably. but I'm picking the Chargers to win anyways!

Chargers 27

Broncos 20

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

except I don't even agree with his opinion? If I agreed with him I would be saying the same thing since the chargers are pretty much in the same boat aside from the QB issues.

all broncos fans must think exactly like 58miller or get the hell out!!!!!!

i dont even think its that way...if your going to claim to be a bronco fan...then how the hell can you hope they get beat and sell off their good players...you dont!!

i have never once ever hoped my team would lose...just like i bet you have never hoped your team would...we may have expected a loss...but never hoped for a loss

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

except I don't even agree with his opinion? If I agreed with him I would be saying the same thing since the chargers are pretty much in the same boat aside from the QB issues.

I would hope bronco fans would root for the Broncos to win, especially against a division rival, but I guess that’s just me!!!!
    how times have changed

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    baphs defending a bronco fan opinion!........a Bronco fan rooting for the Chargers to beat the Broncos are the victims Baphs is willing to defend lol!!!!!

Last edited by baphamet; 10-29-2020, 08:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

why not just let them have their opinion?
    baphs defending a bronco fan opinion!........a Bronco fan rooting for the Chargers to beat the Broncos are the victims Baphs is willing to defend lol!!!!!

Last edited by 58Miller; 10-29-2020, 07:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    To bad we can’t trade fans lol!!!!!
    why not just let them have their opinion?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X