X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post

this is why i hate the new system and wont post here much anymore...if there was ever a whiny sorry neg worthy post its this one ^^
    not that negging people actually means anything, it would be better to have an up/down voting system like reddit IMO.

but yeah, lots of fans like that and that's their choice but for me.......

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

this is why i hate the new system and wont post here much anymore...if there was ever a whiny sorry neg worthy post its this one ^^
    To bad we can’t trade fans lol!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
    Lock sucks and TBH, I hope you guys beat us pretty badly so that we can start selling off pieces for draft capital. This season is pretty much over for us.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosojia View Post
    Lock sucks and TBH, I hope you guys beat us pretty badly so that we can start selling off pieces for draft capital. This season is pretty much over for us.
    Sunday you will root for the Chargers, and when the Broncos are good you will go back to rooting for them?

Different stroke for different folks

Baphs looks like you got a fellow fan, imagine if No Ring gets back from his business trip, their will be 3 of you like the Broncos Lombardi’s

Leave a comment:

• Broncosojia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I think Phil is going to be our next QB
    watching herbert has been amazing but it also makes me realize even more just how good rivers was despite him not having the best physical tools in the world.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    I hope Herbert puts up more great stats and we get the win!!!!
    Baphs when the greatest Qb’s of all time are brought up they all have something in common, winning!
    of course! but herbert isn't a finished product, he's a rookie who has 5 games under his belt.

john elway rookie win/loss record = 4-6

peyton manning rookie record = 3-13

he's a rookie that looks like the real deal, lets not start comparing him to the greatest QB's just yet, even though some of the greatest QB's struggled to win their rookie years too! part of being a rookie is learning how to finish games when you have the lead. however, that has been an issue for the chargers for the past few years, not just when herbert has started.

I don't have tons of faith in this coaching staff anymore, I like some of the coaches but they seem to get out coached in the second half constantly. they put good game plans together but after the opposing coaches make adjustments they just keep trying the same stuff not making adjustments themselves.

Herbert has looked good, he has put up great stats, but all those stats have only been good enough to beat the Jags!!!

against Denver’s 7th ranked pass defense you think he is gonna continue to roll?
    the best defense he has faced is tampa, who has a really good defense overall. they shut down our running game and herbert still gave them all they could handle. the chargers have scored points and have had leads in all of their games only to choke them away for various reasons.

in the tampa game he still had almost 300 yards passing with 3 TD's and 1 int. most of the teams they have faced also had an offense capable of making big comebacks, I'm not sure if Denver does.

so we will see, I'm sure Denver's defense will play us tough like they always do (i already recognized this BTW) but if the chargers jump out to a multi-score lead, it will be difficult for the broncos to come back and win like all the other teams have done against the chargers.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied
    I think Phil is going to be our next QB

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

really should have just posted this and it would have been fine.

but I'm going to make a few points.

1. both our teams are the same age (25.6 average)

2. both of our teams have been hit with the injury bug.

3. Per dropback, Herb is under pressure: 43.7% (4th highest). Adjusted completion percentage when under pressure: 73.5% (t-9th highest). now ask yourself if it matters what rank the opposing teams pass rush is. he's been underfire regardless and he's delivered.

4. Herb has 8 TD's this year where the ball has traveled 20 yards or more which is tied for best in the NFL (Wilson is insane this year).

5. 3rd down Passer Rating: 1. Justin Herbert 138.2 2. Patrick Mahomes 132.0 All other QBs: 120 or lower. small sample size but he's been clutch so far.

6. Justin Herbert has 482 passing yards when pressured Tied for the 2nd most among all NFL QBs (oct 14th)

7. no i have never said only winning matters to a QB. if only we could have an honest debate for once.

/smack

hang in there rap, don't give up!
    I hope Herbert puts up more great stats and we get the win!!!!
    Baphs when the greatest Qb’s of all time are brought up they all have something in common, winning!

Herbert has looked good, he has put up great stats, but all those stats have only been good enough to beat the Jags!!!

against Denver’s 7th ranked pass defense you think he is gonna continue to roll?

Last edited by 58Miller; 10-27-2020, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

that all said i like Herbert and he has shown more of what you want to see as a starting qb than has lock for sure
    really should have just posted this and it would have been fine.

but I'm going to make a few points.

1. both our teams are the same age (25.6 average)

2. both of our teams have been hit with the injury bug.

3. Per dropback, Herb is under pressure: 43.7% (4th highest). Adjusted completion percentage when under pressure: 73.5% (t-9th highest). now ask yourself if it matters what rank the opposing teams pass rush is. he's been underfire regardless and he's delivered.

4. Herb has 8 TD's this year where the ball has traveled 20 yards or more which is tied for best in the NFL (Wilson is insane this year).

5. 3rd down Passer Rating: 1. Justin Herbert 138.2 2. Patrick Mahomes 132.0 All other QBs: 120 or lower. small sample size but he's been clutch so far.

6. Justin Herbert has 482 passing yards when pressured Tied for the 2nd most among all NFL QBs (oct 14th)

7. no i have never said only winning matters to a QB. if only we could have an honest debate for once.

/smack

hang in there rap, don't give up!

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

although i don't post here much anymore, i got different battles going on, but i will come back to say something

yes Herbert has shown alot in his short career and looks to be the real deal, i don't doubt he will be a good one for years

that said; me and you have spent years sparring where you stated the only stat on a qbs record that matters is

wins...Herbert is 1-4
    lock is 5-2

herbert and the chargers have played weaker defenses including the two worst pass rush defenses in the league
    two of the worst rush defenses in the league, three in the bottom 5 if you include cinci

as for the offense currently yes the chargers have the better offense, that isnt even questionable... it helps to be in the same offense in a year without camps and no pre season

but consider the broncos are starting two rookies and a third year player in Patrick and missing a preboil wr in sutton
    their top two TEs are a 2nd year and rookie , three of the starting five olinemen are a rookie, 2nd and 4th year player...and are in their third offense in the last three years

no excuses cause they should play better, and lock so far has been a disappointment

as for the defense, no not even close
    when you consider the broncos lost their #1 cb in bouye for 5 games
    lost the HOF pass rusher von miller
    lost their Pro bowl DE casey
    and early in the season were forced to play two rookies in starting CB roles

and still have the chargers beat in nearly all statistics despite playing much better offenses like the steelers, titans
    we are 9th in sacks the chargers 21st
    we are 5th in passing yards allowed, the chargers 14th
    we are 6th in passing TDs, the chargers14th
    we are 7th in rush refense, the chargers 11th

that all said i like Herbert and he has shown more of what you want to see as a starting qb than has lock for sure
    That’s what I’m excited to see this week! We’ve seen Herbert shred the Jags defense, will he do the same to us?
    ....also, can Lock fair better vs a Charger defense that had its hands full vs the Jags?
    WE ARE GONNA FIND OUT SUNDAY!!!!

Unlike many Bronco fans who have already given up on the season and want Elway, Lock, and co. Gone now!!!!!......I am more on board with Noah Fant: I'm still positive about it, but at some point it's like, put up or shut up, and buckle down and get these things going."
    Lets go Broncos

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    It's finally here broncos fans and even though I'm not smacking as much this year, this week is gonna be different.

first of all, I'm going to just say that I had my serious doubts about Justin herbert when tom telesco and the chargers drafted him 6th overall. I bought into his college numbers just like everyone else, not realizing the junk offense he was in and the scheme that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. not only that but he essentially fixed every single fundamental issue he had in the offseason somehow.

I along with many, many others were wrong. 5 games in and I gotta say, herb is absolutely exceeding all possible expectations and is our franchise QB right now and moving forward no matter what the current record is, if we miss the playoffs, and/or fire our coaching staff. the future is bright indeed and that's why I'm not an NFL scout or GM and Tom Telesco is.

that said ........

HERB > LOCK

who's gonna disagree?????

gonna be fun seeing these two go at it for years to come (hopefully) but herbert's ceiling is so high at this point, I see him and mahomes battling for division supremacy more than I see herb and lock. as far as this game is concerned, I know the broncos defense will come to play even without von.

I'm really interested to see if they can slow herb and the chargers offense down where every other defense so far has not. All things considered, I think the chargers currently have a defense comparable to the broncos and the chargers offense is better too. but will they shoot themselves in the foot? probably. but I'm picking the Chargers to win anyways!

Chargers 27

Broncos 20

although i don't post here much anymore, i got different battles going on, but i will come back to say something

yes Herbert has shown alot in his short career and looks to be the real deal, i don't doubt he will be a good one for years

that said; me and you have spent years sparring where you stated the only stat on a qbs record that matters is

wins...Herbert is 1-4
    lock is 5-2

herbert and the chargers have played weaker defenses including the two worst pass rush defenses in the league
    two of the worst rush defenses in the league, three in the bottom 5 if you include cinci

as for the offense currently yes the chargers have the better offense, that isnt even questionable... it helps to be in the same offense in a year without camps and no pre season

but consider the broncos are starting two rookies and a third year player in Patrick and missing a preboil wr in sutton
    their top two TEs are a 2nd year and rookie , three of the starting five olinemen are a rookie, 2nd and 4th year player...and are in their third offense in the last three years

no excuses cause they should play better, and lock so far has been a disappointment

as for the defense, no not even close
    when you consider the broncos lost their #1 cb in bouye for 5 games
    lost the HOF pass rusher von miller
    lost their Pro bowl DE casey
    and early in the season were forced to play two rookies in starting CB roles

and still have the chargers beat in nearly all statistics despite playing much better offenses like the steelers, titans
    we are 9th in sacks the chargers 21st
    we are 5th in passing yards allowed, the chargers 14th
    we are 6th in passing TDs, the chargers14th
    we are 7th in rush refense, the chargers 11th

Last edited by arapaho; 10-27-2020, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    This has the making as the game of the week. I can only see Herbert getting better and better, and that's a damn shame. I can't tell with Lock yet, I still needs to see a full season to see if he gets better while learning from his mistakes. Funny how I said early this year that we needed a bigger sample size, yet some people thought Lock was, a lock after 5 games. Yet here we are back to square one.

This one is hard to predict because Denver's defense can win some games. I'll go 34-30 Chargers, with most of those points coming in the last 20 minutes. Both QBs can make some exciting plays, but based on current game situations, I see Lock making more mistakes late than Peaches and Herbert will.
    Yep, and "square one" is getting old and tiresome. Most games usually come down to which team makes the "biggest / crucial" mistakes and which team makes the "biggest / crucial" great plays.

Again, I hate having a defeatist attitude but until I see the Broncos addressing most if not all of their glaring weaknesses with substantial improvement, I give our opponents the edge to win games going forward. Will we win some games, probably, how many and against who, nobody knows.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Herbert is a fun QB to watch... Lock is currently painful....

I think the broncos continue their slide downwards..

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    I'm also really looking forward to seeing gordon run angry against the chargers defense. I think he could have a big day, especially if lindsay doesn't clear protocol in time. if Lindsay does clear, that's going to be a tough matchup for the chargers to handle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X