X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How could anyone NOT take you seriously....are you serious?

True. Both of our teams suck. As to which team sucks worse, who knows and who cares? At this point in time, I believe your QB is better than our QB. Right now he's showing that his future looks solid and Lock, not so much right now. Hopefully he will improve if he gets better support with much better play call instead of the ongoing elementary no imagination nonsense but I have doubts of that happening.

Regarding Elway....unless he can turn this season around and quickly to start ending the Broncos two year nose dive, it may be time for him to go but not before the end of this season.
    If management does wait to end his GM duties, they should definitely be on the lookout for a high end candidate to replace him.

September 2021 can't get here fast enough for me regardless of who the Broncos GM will be. And "GO Patriots"
    I'm not arguing the chargers are better than the Broncos, either. the broncos will probably sweep us and I thought the broncos actually had a decent roster going into the season. I also think the Broncos have the better head coach as well, non chargers fans simply don't realize just how bad lynn has been this year all around. from the way he's handled herbert and bashing him in the media to his time management that is literally the worst I've ever seen in the NFL and it's been getting worse, not better.

one of the areas the chargers are better (at least it seems that way) is the QB position. I also still have some faith in the GM who has brought him some key pieces, including herbert who most thought had bust written all over him before he stepped on an NFL field.

I pick my battles carefully in smack but I know my team is not in a good spot either and i'll be the first person to tell you that.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

you took that seriously?

I still come to the smack section man, this is the smack section, right? I haven't been going as hard and don't intend to but a win is a win?

yeah, a win is a win. but like I said that's happened against every single team they faced, even the jets in the second half........its no coincidence that was lock's one and only good half of football this season. but yes, a win is a win, good job.

how typical of a donko fan, can't say a damn thing, throws his hands up, and starts talking about trophies that are irrelevant to the post he's quoting and responding to.

how do those trophies make john elway a good GM right now? how do they make lock not a terrible NFL QB? care to explain that to me?

How could anyone NOT take you seriously....are you serious?

True. Both of our teams suck. As to which team sucks worse, who knows and who cares? At this point in time, I believe your QB is better than our QB. Right now he's showing that his future looks solid and Lock, not so much right now. Hopefully he will improve if he gets better support with much better play call instead of the ongoing elementary no imagination nonsense but I have doubts of that happening.

Regarding Elway....unless he can turn this season around and quickly to start ending the Broncos two year nose dive, it may be time for him to go but not before the end of this season.
    If management does wait to end his GM duties, they should definitely be on the lookout for a high end candidate to replace him.

September 2021 can't get here fast enough for me regardless of who the Broncos GM will be. And "GO Patriots"

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Well, it didn't take long for the recovering "smackaholic" to fall off the wagon now did it? The Bronco forum is just like a gallon jug of cheap whiskey staring a weak drunk in the face day after day. Eventually they can't resist and grab the jug like a starving snake going after a mouse.

you took that seriously?

I still come to the smack section man, this is the smack section, right? I haven't been going as hard and don't intend to but a win is a win?

yeah, a win is a win. but like I said that's happened against every single team they faced, even the jets in the second half........its no coincidence that was lock's one and only good half of football this season. but yes, a win is a win, good job.

how typical of a donko fan, can't say a damn thing, throws his hands up, and starts talking about trophies that are irrelevant to the post he's quoting and responding to.

how do those trophies make john elway a good GM right now? how do they make lock not a terrible NFL QB? care to explain that to me?

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied

a trash team beat another trash team.....congrats? why are you talking about SB's more than 20 years ago? does that make you feel better about elway holding your team back and continuing to bring in terrible QB's? why can't a HOF QB that's now a GM figure out what a good QB prospect is?

oh and our coaching staff let you guys come back on us, just like they have everyone else. which is why that second half against the chargers is the only half of football where lock didn't look inept. funny how he hasn't done any dancing or rapping since then, huh?.
    Well, it didn't take long for the recovering "smackaholic" to fall off the wagon now did it? The Bronco forum is just like a gallon jug of cheap whiskey staring a weak drunk in the face day after day. Eventually they can't resist and grab the jug like a starving snake going after a mouse.

A win is a win....period! AND....3 Super Bowl Championships is very sweet compared to 50 years of futility and next to nothing to show in its' existence. You should at least wait until your trash team is out of the AFC West basement before you come in here splashing your rot gut whiskey on us fine Bronco fans. Sad baph, very sad.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Adam Gase allowed PFM to run the show with his complete offense while Elway fought with Fox to start Michael Schofield at RT. Fox stood up to Elway hence why the record was so good.

John said Joe Flacco was in his prime! Lol
    didn't elway also tweet bragging about Trevor siemien? Is 58miller elways burner account? Would make a heck of a lot of sense actually.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

PeYton 13 seasons in Indy= 1 Super Bowl title & 2 AFC Championship’s

4 seasons in Denver = 1 Super Bowl title & 2 AFC Championship’s

Adam Gase allowed PFM to run the show with his complete offense while Elway fought with Fox to start Michael Schofield at RT. Fox stood up to Elway hence why the record was so good.

John said Joe Flacco was in his prime! Lol
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-05-2020, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    I strongly disagree because John Elway had a huge advantage in Peyton Manning. Give Telesco or any other GM PFM back in 2012 and we’ll most likely see the same results in division dominance.

Give any other GM a pairing of PFM and Wade Phillips and we’ll most likely see a championship season. Elway was Fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and that is all it is.

I’ll admit that I am a huge bronco fan with orange glasses on most of the time, however I do not live in denial and John Elway is no better as a GM than anyone else in the national football league and this team record the last four years proves such.
    PeYton 13 seasons in Indy= 1 Super Bowl title & 2 AFC Championship’s

4 seasons in Denver = 1 Super Bowl title & 2 AFC Championship’s

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    here is a list of QB's with the best winning percentage of all time and if 58miller is being consistent, then this should be his all time best QB list in order.

1. Otto Graham

2. Daryle Lamonica

3. Tom Brady

4. Roger Staubach

5. Joe Montana

6. Peyton Manning

7. Jim McMahon

8. Ben Roethlisberger

9. Russell Wilson

10. Terry Bradshaw

17. John Elway

damn 58miller, you must not think too highly of elway the QB

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    I strongly disagree because John Elway had a huge advantage in Peyton Manning. Give Telesco or any other GM PFM back in 2012 and we’ll most likely see the same results in division dominance.

Give any other GM a pairing of PFM and Wade Phillips and we’ll most likely see a championship season. Elway was Fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and that is all it is.

I’ll admit that I am a huge bronco fan with orange glasses on most of the time, however I do not live in denial and John Elway is no better as a GM than anyone else in the national football league and this team record the last four years proves such.
    lets look at the things that telesco has struggled with as the chargers GM.

1. coaches. both of the coaches he's hired have been bad

2. the OL. telesco has tried and failed to address the OL

like i said before, you could make the argument that he should be fired because of those two things alone and i wouldn't really argue with you. but you could make the exact same arguments for elway as well. but after that? elway isn't as good at drafting, he can't find a decent starting QB in how many tries now? he let wade walk which to this day is the dumbest thing he's ever done as the GM IMO

all 58miller knows is wins and losses, he judges every single player only on wins and losses. you can show him how ignorant that is, you can make millions of examples as to why simply looking at win/loss records doesn't tell the whole story, but he would rather be ignorant than admit being wrong I suppose.

the dude literally thinks dan marino is considered an all time great because of his win/loss record in the regular season......nuff said, really.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    let me summarize your book:
    Elway > Telesco
    let me summarize all the postS you make here:

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Elway > Telesco

Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-04-2020, 02:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

manning is a top 3 all-time great QB, even with the choking. rivers is a borderline HOF'er and ontop of that, when telesco took the job the roster was in cap hell. lots of dead money, not a lot of good talent, and not a lot of cap room to make moves. yes he had rivers but not much more than that. he couldn't go on a spending spree to build his team like elway did.

also, I don't think telesco is safe either, he could very well be fired along with the coaching staff and it wouldn't surprise or bother me. even though he's done a good job bringing in talent, he's dropped the ball with the OL and with the two coaches he's hired. I can see the argument for getting rid of him but I personally think the chargers are not going to find someone much better in terms of roster building.

elway walked into a fantastic situation from a cap perspective, he signed lots of big name FA including manning. since then? he's not done a good job and it's amazing you don't see that. he's also failed and bringing in a competent coach, he's failed numerous times at bringing in even a decent starting QB. he hasn't done a great job at drafting.

elways best quality as a GM is signing FA's. no, I don't think he's as good as telesco when it comes to scouting and drafting, he's just not. he built a SB team via writing checks, not through the draft. I knew and told you all that wouldn't last, I told you all that his true test as a GM would come after manning retired and he's failed that test.

all that said, there are worse GM's than elway and he does deserve some credit for the winning. I don't believe I said he needs to be fired, I want him to stay and continue to wreck your team, trust me!

the broncos roster isn't hopeless, I agree with you there. but you need a real QB. lock isn't the guy and if I were a broncos fan I simply would not and could not trust elway to figure it out at this point. how many QB whiffs does he get before you start holding him accountable? that should be his area of expertise but he's obviously clueless.
    Elway > Telesco

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Philip Rivers didn’t even fall in Telesco’s lap he was there when he showed up, and he has still accomplished?
    He hasn’t touched anything Elway has, why aren’t you banging the table for him to be fired.

Ive watched football long enough to know you should be careful what you wish for, I’m not happy with this season, but I don’t think the team is hopeless, we have a lot of young talent. That said fans should never be happy with losing, getting rid of Elway is a great idea if it’s for the right guy, but if it’s Josh Mcdaniels 2.0 then this team will be hopeless for the next 4 years. I want the owner situation solved first and then whoever takes over should bring in their staff (GM, coaches, and players).
    manning is a top 3 all-time great QB, even with the choking. rivers is a borderline HOF'er and ontop of that, when telesco took the job the roster was in cap hell. lots of dead money, not a lot of good talent, and not a lot of cap room to make moves. yes he had rivers but not much more than that. he couldn't go on a spending spree to build his team like elway did.

also, I don't think telesco is safe either, he could very well be fired along with the coaching staff and it wouldn't surprise or bother me. even though he's done a good job bringing in talent, he's dropped the ball with the OL and with the two coaches he's hired. I can see the argument for getting rid of him but I personally think the chargers are not going to find someone much better in terms of roster building.

elway walked into a fantastic situation from a cap perspective, he signed lots of big name FA including manning. since then? he's not done a good job and it's amazing you don't see that. he's also failed and bringing in a competent coach, he's failed numerous times at bringing in even a decent starting QB. he hasn't done a great job at drafting.

elways best quality as a GM is signing FA's. no, I don't think he's as good as telesco when it comes to scouting and drafting, he's just not. he built a SB team via writing checks, not through the draft. I knew and told you all that wouldn't last, I told you all that his true test as a GM would come after manning retired and he's failed that test.

all that said, there are worse GM's than elway and he does deserve some credit for the winning. I don't believe I said he needs to be fired, I want him to stay and continue to wreck your team, trust me!

the broncos roster isn't hopeless, I agree with you there. but you need a real QB. lock isn't the guy and if I were a broncos fan I simply would not and could not trust elway to figure it out at this point. how many QB whiffs does he get before you start holding him accountable? that should be his area of expertise but he's obviously clueless.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

that's what you said about buttfumble when you bragged about his postseason record.
    that's what you said about joe flacco when you bragged about his SB MVP in 2012/

again, are you ever going to learn? are you saying tua, who has been benched for poor performance, is better than herbert due to the dolphins having a better record?

nobody thinks stan the man is the greatest QB in chargers history. not even top 3.
    nobody thinks flacco is great like you do because he's a former SB MVP.
    nobody thinks eli manning is a top 10 all time QB even though he beat brady twice in the SB.
    nobody thinks terry Bradshaw is top 10 all time QB even though he has 4 SB rings.

I can go on all day but why bother? you won't learn from it anyway.

manning fell in elway's lap and made him look like a better GM than he actually is. I've literally been saying that for years and its been proven 100% correct. now broncos fans are fed up with it and calling for his head, it's not just me anymore.

Telesco is far from perfect and has taken heat for hiring two bad coaches in a row. you could give him crap for that but then again, elway has sucked at that too.
    Philip Rivers didn’t even fall in Telesco’s lap he was there when he showed up, and he has still accomplished?
    He hasn’t touched anything Elway has, why aren’t you banging the table for him to be fired.

Ive watched football long enough to know you should be careful what you wish for, I’m not happy with this season, but I don’t think the team is hopeless, we have a lot of young talent. That said fans should never be happy with losing, getting rid of Elway is a great idea if it’s for the right guy, but if it’s Josh Mcdaniels 2.0 then this team will be hopeless for the next 4 years. I want the owner situation solved first and then whoever takes over should bring in their staff (GM, coaches, and players).

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    What makes a quarterback great? Winning!!!!!
    Elway and Manning all day over the trash your team has gone with!!
    Stan Humphries is your most successful Qb because he took your team to a Superbowl!!!
    that's what you said about buttfumble when you bragged about his postseason record.
    that's what you said about joe flacco when you bragged about his SB MVP in 2012/

again, are you ever going to learn? are you saying tua, who has been benched for poor performance, is better than herbert due to the dolphins having a better record?

nobody thinks stan the man is the greatest QB in chargers history. not even top 3.
    nobody thinks flacco is great like you do because he's a former SB MVP.
    nobody thinks eli manning is a top 10 all time QB even though he beat brady twice in the SB.
    nobody thinks terry Bradshaw is top 10 all time QB even though he has 4 SB rings.

I can go on all day but why bother? you won't learn from it anyway.

As far as GM’s, Elway has still accomplished more than any charger GM,......ever!!!!!!
    manning fell in elway's lap and made him look like a better GM than he actually is. I've literally been saying that for years and its been proven 100% correct. now broncos fans are fed up with it and calling for his head, it's not just me anymore.

Telesco is far from perfect and has taken heat for hiring two bad coaches in a row. you could give him crap for that but then again, elway has sucked at that too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X