This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I'm a little surprised Lynn was allowed to remain for 2020. Maybe a "benefit of the doubt" thing. I know HC's rarely step down but I believe Lynn knows he's history and his pride and his salary is forcing him to see what happens but it would be nice to see a HC man-up and step aside knowing nobody in the organization is happy and the page needs to be turned. Every team has to go down this path of failure at some point in time. It's nearly impossible to beat the law of average.
    he was well respected up until this season. even during hard knocks, people were gushing over him. but from the moment he uttered the words "Herbert is a back up for a reason" throwing his rookie under the bus, it's been all downhill from there.

I don't think he will resign and forgo the money the chargers would owe him if they fire him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

In my opinion, I think it would be extremely detrimental for a head coach to step down by his own accord.

I may be wrong but I think it would always be better for a head coach to be fired than to quit on his own because that’s like saying (I know I’m not worth a darn and I give up).

It would be extremely hard for him to get another job elsewhere if that’s the case because he gave up on his team and his players. Yeah he lost the locker room but he still can’t step down by his own accord, he’d be dubbed a quitter who gave up.

Now I could definitely see an older general manager doing this but a young head coach not so much!
      this too. we have seen a couple of coaches do this and they never come back to coach in the NFL again. Bobby Petrino and Nick Saban being the two I can think of. I can't think of a coach that resigned and ever coached in the NFL again but I could be wrong.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        The Chargers are going to find themselves in a great position to trade back on draft day. I'm fairly certain they would never trade that QB pick to a division rival, making Denvers path to QB a bit tougher.

The Chargers could end up with Sewell or Parsons and then some.
        sewell will be a bengal unless they somehow start winning games. the chargers have decent LB depth once they get tranquil back to go along with their rookie Murray. I think the chargers desperately need to trade back but if they can't find a trade partner I'm hoping they go rousseau if he's available or basham. melvin ingram likely won't be back and bosa can't do it all.

sadly, the OT/G positions are very thin in next year's draft. the chargers are going to have another bad OL next year too regardless of who the coach is, it's inevitable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

sewell will be a bengal unless they somehow start winning games. the chargers have decent LB depth once they get tranquil back to go along with their rookie Murray. I think the chargers desperately need to trade back but if they can't find a trade partner I'm hoping they go rousseau if he's available or basham. melvin ingram likely won't be back and bosa can't do it all.

sadly, the OT/G positions are very thin in next year's draft. the chargers are going to have another bad OL next year too regardless of who the coach is, it's inevitable.
          PSU Edge Shaka Toney is one to watch. He plays a lot like Ingram and would be a good fit imo. I'm a bit biased for PSU but I think he's going to be a draft steal. Size will drop him on boards but he's incredible.

I'm not really familiar with Basham but if it's edge pressure your team needs (if Ingram leaves) Toney can fill a big hole. I'm not sure how far the Chargers would trade back but it seems inevitable they do.

​​​​​​I guess if Lynn is canned all bets are off.....the new crew may want to take a cornerstone player to start off with.

Last edited by atwaterandstir; 12-08-2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

this too. we have seen a couple of coaches do this and they never come back to coach in the NFL again. Bobby Petrino and Nick Saban being the two I can think of. I can't think of a coach that resigned and ever coached in the NFL again but I could be wrong.
            I understand the "never quit" attitude and it's commendable. But, going down in flames as most fans have witnessed is extremely difficult to stomach, like a 45-0 trashing by a mediocre opponent which speaks volumes. Not even one field goal...really? Is the Pansy's defense that good? The only thing worse is if it happened in your house.

One could argue with much push back for sure that stepping down due to overwhelming failure is an indication that "you do" care about the team and stepping down allows management to immediately start a somewhat fresh start to hopefully right the ship and allow the team to correct weaknesses and become competitive again. AND, once you get canned for continuing failure is it very likely you get another chance as a HC in the future? Slim chance, IMO. Possibly an assistant position like Norv Turner and others have done....maybe.

I know I'm in a small minority if not the only fan who has these feelings but....
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I understand the "never quit" attitude and it's commendable. But, going down in flames as most fans have witnessed is extremely difficult to stomach, like a 45-0 trashing by a mediocre opponent which speaks volumes. Not even one field goal...really? Is the Pansy's defense that good? The only thing worse is if it happened in your house.
              1. It DID happen in our house

2. it's not that the pats defense is that good, it's bad coaching being exposed by the mastermind schemer.

chargers fans should be thanking bellychick, he showed the world just how bad the chargers coaching staff is.

One could argue with much push back for sure that stepping down due to overwhelming failure is an indication that "you do" care about the team and stepping down allows management to immediately start a somewhat fresh start to hopefully right the ship and allow the team to correct weaknesses and become competitive again. AND, once you get canned for continuing failure is it very likely you get another chance as a HC in the future? Slim chance, IMO. Possibly an assistant position like Norv Turner and others have done....maybe.

I know I'm in a small minority if not the only fan who has these feelings but....
              I know what you're saying but he's not going to step down and throw away that money unless he's already got a comparable gig lined up. nick saban did it because he went straight to Alabama to become their HC. petrino did it because he did the same thing and took the Arkansas HC job.

Lynn will coach again, any team wanting a RB's coach would definitely benefit from hiring him. the chargers just recently extended him early in the off-season so he would be throwing away a lot of money.

if lynn resigned he would lose millions of dollars because he isn't going to become a head coach again any time soon, he's going to take a huge pay cut if he even finds a job.

It's on the chargers front office to fire him now and they won't. but they damn well better on black Monday or they are just going to prove to the world they are the pathetic loser franchise that everyone thinks they are.

sigpic

Comment

2. it's not that the pats defense is that good, it's bad coaching being exposed by the mastermind schemer.

chargers fans should be thanking bellychick, he showed the world just how bad the chargers coaching staff is.
                Sorry but when was the last time the chargers had a house of their own? Lol

Belichick also made a few not so kind comments about Denver’s management a couple Seasons ago so don’t feel bad. I took it as constructive criticism but too bad the Denver Front office didn’t. I guess their five division titles in five years ranks above Belichicks 6 super bowl trophies.

I’m almost tempted to make a CP bet with you on which team will rebound first but I’m 98 percent certain that I’ll lose since Elway is still ruining, I mean running things in Denver!

Comment

I know what you're saying but he's not going to step down and throw away that money unless he's already got a comparable gig lined up. nick saban did it because he went straight to Alabama to become their HC. petrino did it because he did the same thing and took the Arkansas HC job.

Lynn will coach again, any team wanting a RB's coach would definitely benefit from hiring him. the chargers just recently extended him early in the off-season so he would be throwing away a lot of money.

if lynn resigned he would lose millions of dollars because he isn't going to become a head coach again any time soon, he's going to take a huge pay cut if he even finds a job.

It's on the chargers front office to fire him now and they won't. but they damn well better on black Monday or they are just going to prove to the world they are the pathetic loser franchise that everyone thinks they are.
                  "1. It DID happen in our house"
                  OOPS! My bad. For some reason I thought the game was in Massachusetts.

"he's not going to step down and throw away that money"
                  Yep, as I stated in post #14 of this thread. "Lynn knows he's history and his pride and his salary is forcing him to see what happens"
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

2016. the chargers pay $1 per year to play in a stadium that cost $5 billion to make. dean spanos and his entire family isn't even worth $5 billion

What's even funnier is the chargers failed to sell $400 million worth of PSL's so stan needs to pay the rest to finish funding the stadium.

Dean spanos weaponized the nonexistent chargers fanbase.

stan got wrecked on that deal but he's still making money regardless so he'll get over it.

[quote]Belichick also made a few not so kind comments about Denver’s management a couple Seasons ago so don’t feel bad. I took it as constructive criticism but too bad the Denver Front office didn’t. I guess their five division titles in five years ranks above Belichicks 6 super bowl trophies. ['/quote]

bellychick always talks about how great we are before beating us every game. during the week, he went on a 20-minute rant about how great justin herbert is and how he wanted to draft him and all kinds of other crap. then he proceeded to give us our worst loss in team history.

I guarantee you if you asked him off the record which team he likes to play against the most he will say the chargers. he has consistently outcoached us every year, every game.

I’m almost tempted to make a CP bet with you on which team will rebound first but I’m 98 percent certain that I’ll lose since Elway is still ruining, I mean running things in Denver!

not to worry, we couldn't have a CP bet even if we wanted to. I wouldn't take that bet though, my confidence in the charges organization is pretty low currently. I have no faith they can turn things around until they get a new coaching staff in and I can see and support what their philosophy is. especially if it's a total house cleaning.
                    Last edited by baphamet; 12-11-2020, 05:16 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Weak!!!!!......Just like your team and fan base!!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Belichick also made a few not so kind comments about Denver’s management a couple Seasons ago so don’t feel bad. I took it as constructive criticism but too bad the Denver Front office didn’t. I guess their five division titles in five years ranks above Belichicks 6 super bowl trophies.

Betting against Elway who has 2 rings as a player and 1 as a GM vs a franchise who has 0 rings!!!!!!......Benedict!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Betting against Elway who has 2 rings as a player and 1 as a GM vs a franchise who has 0 rings!!!!!!......Benedict!!!!!!
                          mike shanahan got fired after winning two rings in Denver as a coach and GM, how does that happen?

joe flacco was a SB MVP, why isn't he still the ravens or Broncos starting QB? why can't you grasp these simple concepts??
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Yes I would because even you understand that John couldnt win a super bowl without Terrell Davis, Mike Shanahan, and an Alex Gibbs offensive line.

John also couldnt win a super bowl as a gm without PFM and Wade Phillips.

John has no body to help him right now. lol He hasn't for 5 NFL seasons and well um, you know the rest. So yes, I would indeed bet against a classic and legitimate playoff choker who still cannot get it done by himself with his very own hand picked staff and players.

A playoff choker who has no right to be as arrogant as he is and Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and yes even PFM should all go down as better NFL QBs than that guy taking up space in the front office still trying to play GM.
                            Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-13-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

mike shanahan got fired after winning two rings in Denver as a coach and GM, how does that happen?

joe flacco was a SB MVP, why isn't he still the ravens or Broncos starting QB? why can't you grasp these simple concepts??
                              They'd rather honor John Elway's arrogance than that of the late Denver Broncos owner who would've canned Johns arrogant butt a long time ago. I sometimes feel really ashamed of how Denver Broncos fans react but then I remember, these aren't Denver bronco fans, these are the Denver Elways fans.

Comment

Yes I would because even you understand that John couldnt win a super bowl without Terrell Davis, Mike Shanahan, and an Alex Gibbs offensive line.

John also couldnt win a super bowl as a gm without PFM and Wade Phillips.

John has no body to help him right now. lol He hasn't for 5 NFL seasons and well um, you know the rest. So yes, I would indeed bet against a classic and legitimate playoff choker who still cannot get it done by himself with his very own hand picked staff and players.

A playoff choker who has no right to be as arrogant as he is and Pat Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and yes even PFM should all go down as better NFL QBs than that guy taking up space in the front office still trying to play GM.
                                name a QB who won without help?
                                montana had great defenses early, Dwight Clark and rice, Brady had Bellicheka defense, Bradshaw surrounded by HOF’s!!!!
                                Last edited by 58Miller; 12-13-2020, 03:42 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X