X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I made a comment to Baph about failing GMs and 58 was defending his. Lol

Since we’re on the subject, I‘m not totally against John, he’s good for defensive personnel however I think that should be the only area of the team that he should be making decisions with.

I don’t appreciate his low balling with key free agents, I don’t appreciate his lack of ability when it comes to offensive line talent and I don’t appreciate his fails in draft Personnel.

Did he draft, Von, Jeudy, and Hamler? Of course but anyone could see the talent there. If john remains with the team, I’d hope that Joe Ellis would grow a pair and reduce Johns role and responsibilities. Joe needs to limit John to mainly defensive personnel dealings and that’s it!
    OK, at least Elway has something that's positive in your assessment of his GM abilities. I know very little about all the idiosyncrasies / details about Elway and input by other Bronco management when decisions are made regarding free agents, draft picks and trades. My question is this....how much is John influenced by the opinions of others when they have the many meetings about acquisition and signing of a player, assuming Elway makes the final decision. Is Elway receiving incorrect, bad, poorly researched, far fetched, inaccurate opinions from his player acquisition team and coaches? Is Elways thinking being pushed in the wrong direction by these people? What is he not understanding or receiving in order to make solid choices?

Or is it "doesn't matter, he's the GM so for the most part, it's automatically his fault".
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

OK, at least Elway has something that's positive in your assessment of his GM abilities. I know very little about all the idiosyncrasies / details about Elway and input by other Bronco management when decisions are made regarding free agents, draft picks and trades. My question is this....how much is John influenced by the opinions of others when they have the many meetings about acquisition and signing of a player, assuming Elway makes the final decision. Is Elway receiving incorrect, bad, poorly researched, far fetched, inaccurate opinions from his player acquisition team and coaches? Is Elways thinking being pushed in the wrong direction by these people? What is he not understanding or receiving in order to make solid choices?

Or is it "doesn't matter, he's the GM so for the most part, it's automatically his fault".
      When you’re the common denominator while rotating through a carousel of coaches and player personnel, yes I’d say the majority is your fault.

Elway isn’t alone however Matt Russell is right there with him.
      sigpic

Comment

This thread may be in for a serious cleaning. It's gone way off-topic.

Sam, if you want to smack the FO that's fine but start your own thread instead of hijacking others.

Edit: too far off topic. Thread closed.
        Last edited by Rastic; 12-17-2020, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X