Phillip LIndsay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillip LIndsay

I hate to break it to all you Colorado homers, but Phillip Lindsay is not the answer and never will be. I've been thinking this since the beginning of last year. Yes, he occasionally breaks a big one, but more often than not he gets knocked down at first contact right around the line of scrimmage. Not worth signing a new deal for.

Originally posted by black sparkle View Post
    I hate to break it to all you Colorado homers, but Phillip Lindsay is not the answer and never will be. I've been thinking this since the beginning of last year. Yes, he occasionally breaks a big one, but more often than not he gets knocked down at first contact right around the line of scrimmage. Not worth signing a new deal for.
    People are only starting to say that now as he isn't getting most of the carries and Gordon is having a good run. Whilst Linsay doesn't have the power of Gordon he has everything else, and he doesn't fumble.

Comment

He gets stuffed all the time because the defense knows that if Lindsey in the game and Gordon isnt, the chances he is going to get a hand off are very high. One, he isn't a good receiver out of the backfield, his routes aren't smooth and has yet to demonstrate that he has the kind of hands needed to be a solid receiver. Two, he is lousy at pass protection. He is pretty much a one dimensional player. Defenses do not worry about him catching the ball, and they also know the Broncos aren't going to use him often in blitz protection.

Several ways to get around these things. The most obvious, and the way most often employed, is to have both Phil and Melvin back there at the same time. Then defenses cant focus on just Lindsey getting the ball, they are forced to defend the run from Gordon, and make sure he is covered if he goes out on a route, and if he stays in the backfield that means blitzes are going to be mostly ineffective unless you rush even more defenders....leaving every Bronco receiver in man coverage.

All that said, make no mistake. Lindsey is by far the most explosive player we have. That is the reason when he is in the game, the defenses adjust to focus on him getting the ball. All he needs is a crack, he is sooo quick through the line and has that rare ability to instantly accelerate to full speed. He gets a seam...one step and he's gone. He is a genuine home run threat every time. Now if he could only improve his pass catching enough to be a reliable receiver too, his run game would improve as well. Defenses would not be able to focus strictly on the run when he is in there.

Also....an improving Lock, will improve Lindsey's chances for the big play as well. When defenses start genuinely fearing him as a passer, that too will force defenses to not focus on the run as much. But the only way that is going to happen is if Lock improves to the point of being a consistent passer.

Lindsey is a stud. A home run threat any given play. But he isnt a multi-dimensional threat, nor is he a power runner. Given these things, we wont see him at his best unless those other things happen first.

edit : gmtd made fantastic point about his not being a fumbler. A fact that is difficult to understate the impact of that.
      Last edited by MH Stampede; 12-17-2020, 04:02 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

My guess is you're a Raider fan but I'm not sure and really don't care....
        Lindsay is a Bronco fan favorite, for numerous reasons. And the coaches like him, the players like him because he's a very likeable person with the right attitude and one of my favorite parts of his football personality traits....he's not a hotdogger. He brings a lot of excitement to our fan base and the organization overall and that is HUGE! I hope we keep him certainly for another year and many more once the Broncos get back to some normality and get this season behind us.

Go Phillip and go Denver Broncos!
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

You’ve been thinking this since the beginning of last season but thought waiting until week 15 of this season would be a good time to post it?

Comment

“Black sparkle”??? What kind of name is black sparkle?

I’d assume you’re female with a name like that but if not, then I‘d guess you wish you were!

Anyway, Philip Lindsay hasn’t been very good lately however that could be due to the knee injury that he suffered earlier in the season. Either way if the team/coaching staff thinks he’s worth bringing back, then they will bring him back, if not, they won’t and you will have Lost nothing nor gained a thing.

My point is, whatever you think should happen has no bearing on this team or coaching decisions.

Have a nice day!

Comment

who's the best RB currently in the NFL that's also a colorado kid? I'll give you a hint, it's definitely not Lindsay.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                who's the best RB currently in the NFL that's also a colorado kid? I'll give you a hint, it's definitely not Lindsay.
                Did someone in this forum claim, suggest, state that Lindsay was? No. I think you're looking for Bronco fans to nibble or bite on your super weak trivia smack bait.

Come on baph, can't you come up with something that is actually worth debating?
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Did someone in this forum claim, suggest, state that Lindsay was? No. I think you're looking for Bronco fans to nibble or bite on your super weak trivia smack bait.

Come on baph, can't you come up with something that is actually worth debating?
                  you're right, it's not even a debate.

sigpic

Comment

I'm willing to give Lindsey a pass, this year. He's had two previous 1000 yard seasons. He's a home run threat. And he had a competitive attitude. I think Gordon's presence negatively affected his productivity.

That said, I wouldn't give home a long term deal and my ultimate judgement will wait until early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                      I'm willing to give Lindsey a pass, this year. He's had two previous 1000 yard seasons. He's a home run threat. And he had a competitive attitude. I think Gordon's presence negatively affected his productivity.

That said, I wouldn't give home a long term deal and my ultimate judgement will wait until early next year.
                      I agree..... Plus the OC keeps trying to run him between the Guards like he does with Gordon. When he runs pulling plays to the outside he's affective!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X