Chargers Fire Anthony Lynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers Fire Anthony Lynn

The division just got more difficult IMO.

In 2020 -- and prior -- the Los Angeles Chargers have had a heartbreaking habit of losing close games.

The Chargers and coach Anthony Lynn had a strong finish to the 2020 season, but it wasn't enough for Lynn to remain with the Bolts, as he was fired on Monday.
    The Los Angeles Chargers are parting ways with head coach Anthony Lynn after a second consecutive losing season.

I’m not too big on Anthony Lynn but he does have a better overall head coaching record than Vic Fangios does.
    Baph should feel fortunate that LAs front office isn’t anywhere near as ignorant as Denver’s
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      I’m not too big on Anthony Lynn but he does have a better overall head coaching record than Vic Fangios does.
      Baph should feel fortunate that LAs front office isn’t anywhere near as ignorant as Denver’s
      if this was the san diego chargers they don't fire lynn IMO. there is more accountability now, they want to win. now, lets see if they can make the right hire this time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        The division just got more difficult IMO.
        depends who they hire to replace him. I heard that gruden wants to interview Bradley for the raiders DC opening? unless the raiders have the right players to run his scheme it will likely end badly.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

depends who they hire to replace him. I heard that gruden wants to interview Bradley for the raiders DC opening? unless the raiders have the right players to run his scheme it will likely end badly.
          Yeah I just read that. I'm with you, they need to get some good players on that side of the ball.

I just checked. Jerry Jeudy is STILL running.

Comment

the chargers request to interview jason garrett.

sigpic

Comment

the chargers request to interview jason garrett.

Geez, it’s almost as if the Broncos and the chargers are in a competition to see who could fail harder in 2021.

Not sure if EVEN John Elway could top a Jason Garret hiring. Perhaps he could hire booger from the nerd movies to be his GM! Yeah that‘ll give 58 an incentive to celebrate. If Elway did it, it’s genius!

Telesco needs to get Mike Shanahan on the phone if he really wants to win in LA. All the pieces are there on this team except the head coach, why waste it on Jason Garrett!
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-06-2021, 11:35 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

Geez, it’s almost as if the Broncos and the chargers are in a competition to see who could fail harder in 2021.

Not sure if EVEN John Elway could top a Jason Garret hiring. Perhaps he could hire booger from the nerd movies to be his GM! Yeah that‘ll give 58 an incentive to celebrate. If Elway did it, it’s genius!

Telesco needs to get Mike Shanahan on the phone if he really wants to win in LA. All the pieces are there on this team except the head coach, why waste it on Jason Garrett!
                haha for sure man. but it would be the charger thing to do! I'm not that worried about it only because of the sheer amount of different people they are talking to. it's all zoom meetings this year so it actually makes it easier for teams to talk to more potential candidates.

we face the NFCE next year so hopefully, it was just a scouting interview on the giant's OC. (wishful thinking, I know.)

sigpic

Comment

So...... Rams DC Brandon Staley is the guy? Another rookie and even more inexperienced coach. I do like his innovative and effective defensive scheme. I also like that he also has an offensive background with gruden like work ethic. but man, he didn't even get to the NFL until 2017.....that scares the hell out of me.

sigpic

Comment

So...... Rams DC Brandon Staley is the guy? Another rookie and even more inexperienced coach. I do like his innovative and effective defensive scheme. I also like that he also has an offensive background with gruden like work ethic. but man, he didn't even get to the NFL until 2017.....that scares the hell out of me.
                    I find it odd that Bieniemy hasn't gotten as much traction as he should..... Kinda thought that would be a good Charger possibility!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

I find it odd that Bieniemy hasn't gotten as much traction as he should..... Kinda thought that would be a good Charger possibility!!!!
                      hes likely going to be the Texans head coach. I’m not sure why he gets all the attention that he does to be honest. He gets attention because he’s the OC of a really good offense but he doesn’t even call the plays.

Brian daboll, for example, came in and not only fixed the bills offense but helped mold Allen into an elite QB virtually over night.

he calls the plays, he installs the offense, that’s his offense. The chiefs offense is Andy Reid’s.

so what does EB bring to the table as a potential HC candidate? That’s the question I’m asking.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X