Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just heard....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Ring of Famer, mwhahahahaha, internet points!

    Here's a million Sam, you can be Supreme High Poster for a day. Talk about Elway having an ego, lol. I mean, baph is a Ring of Famer and Devil Spawn is a Hall of Famer.... so...

    Too funny

    True that. They are nice but of no value. Once removed from this site, they are not relevant.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      Ring of Famer, mwhahahahaha, internet points!

      Here's a million Sam, you can be Supreme High Poster for a day. Talk about Elway having an ego, lol. I mean, baph is a Ring of Famer and Devil Spawn is a Hall of Famer.... so...

      Too funny

      They’re both actually great posters and continued here long term while many others were driven off. No need to discredit them just because you hate me for not being in such blind love with Elway like many in here!

      I said back in 2016 and I’ll say it again today, I will call John Elway out and hold him accountable just as I would anybody else. His name does not mean nothing to me, sure he was a great quarterback but now he was the GM and should be held accountable like any other. His name doesn’t make him exempt.

      Now this is a thread started by Obi Groo talking about the Broncos front office management so I’m sure talking about John in this thread is every bit as acceptable.
      Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-15-2021, 07:40 AM.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

        They’re both actually great posters and continued here long term while many others were driven off. No need to discredit them just because you hate me for not being in such blind love with Elway like many in here!

        I said back in 2016 and I’ll say it again today, I will call John Elway out and hold him accountable just as I would anybody else. His name does not mean nothing to me, sure he was a great quarterback but now he was the GM and should be held accountable like any other. His name doesn’t make him exempt.

        Now this is a thread started by Obi Groo talking about the Broncos front office management so I’m sure talking about John in this thread is every bit as acceptable.
        Pretty much anything goes in Smack (to a point), so I need to raise my voice this time, or talk like I'm mad....but what I will say is this Sam, that I still respect Elway, but I am thankful for now that he split up his responsibilities. He has done so much for this organization, and has been successful as the GM/King of the Castle, for his first few seasons. I think most of us were pumped from his initiation to the SB win. Great years! But no doubt, since the latter part of the 2016 season, we have been one of the weakest teams in the league. And for me, his handling of the QB/Oline personnel was sub standard....confusing given his football expertise.

        So I realized a couple years back that he should not be let go, rather helped. He needed a legit GM to spread the responsibility. Hopefully we now have that person though I will await his offseason performance before weighing in.

        Anyway....I am not talking smack-like here, but thought I'd present a case for giving Elway some room. You have every right to your opinion, and to some degree, you have company in your views re: this topic. I love what Elway has done as a player and Exec, but the last 2-3 years have been a little head scratching at times. Some good moves as well including players that will be solid contributors for a long time.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post

          Pretty much anything goes in Smack (to a point), so I need to raise my voice this time, or talk like I'm mad....but what I will say is this Sam, that I still respect Elway, but I am thankful for now that he split up his responsibilities. He has done so much for this organization, and has been successful as the GM/King of the Castle, for his first few seasons. I think most of us were pumped from his initiation to the SB win. Great years! But no doubt, since the latter part of the 2016 season, we have been one of the weakest teams in the league. And for me, his handling of the QB/Oline personnel was sub standard....confusing given his football expertise.

          So I realized a couple years back that he should not be let go, rather helped. He needed a legit GM to spread the responsibility. Hopefully we now have that person though I will await his offseason performance before weighing in.

          Anyway....I am not talking smack-like here, but thought I'd present a case for giving Elway some room. You have every right to your opinion, and to some degree, you have company in your views re: this topic. I love what Elway has done as a player and Exec, but the last 2-3 years have been a little head scratching at times. Some good moves as well including players that will be solid contributors for a long time.
          Ive said for years that I respect him for his QB play in Denver, I’ve gave some credit for the success from 2011-2015. However I don’t give him all the credit fir everything and that is what makes these guys in here cry.

          I mean seriously if we’re going to credit him for everything why don’t we just give Joe Alice all the credit for signing off on John Elway when Pat hired him.

          Also Every time I say Gary Kubiak or Wade Phillips was great, I’m told about the 5 division titles.

          Its isn’t my fault there is a lot of insecurities in here but John Elway is not divine and deserves as much criticism as Vance Joseph, Jack Del Rio, mike McCoy etc.

          I’m not trashing him I’m just distributing blame fairly and have expressed that. Both sides should have voice here without there comments.
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-15-2021, 03:40 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

            Ive said for years that I respect him for his QB play in Denver, I’ve gave some credit for the success from 2011-2015. However I don’t give him all the credit fir everything and that is what makes these guys in here cry.

            I mean seriously if we’re going to credit him for everything why don’t we just give Joe Alice all the credit for signing off on John Elway when Pat hired him.

            Also Every time I say Gary Kubiak or Wade Phillips was great, I’m told about the 5 division titles.

            Its isn’t my fault there is a lot of insecurities in here but John Elway is not divine and deserves as much criticism as Vance Joseph, Jack Del Rio, mike McCoy etc.

            I’m not trashing him I’m just distributing blame fairly and have expressed that. Both sides should have voice here without there comments.
            Drink to that.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

              They’re both actually great posters and continued here long term while many others were driven off. No need to discredit them just because you hate me for not being in such blind love with Elway like many in here!

              I said back in 2016 and I’ll say it again today, I will call John Elway out and hold him accountable just as I would anybody else. His name does not mean nothing to me, sure he was a great quarterback but now he was the GM and should be held accountable like any other. His name doesn’t make him exempt.

              Now this is a thread started by Obi Groo talking about the Broncos front office management so I’m sure talking about John in this thread is every bit as acceptable.
              Haha, Sam, don't be so naive. I could care less what you think about Elway. I think you have a martyr complex but all your wounds are self-inflicted.


              Comment

              Working...
              X