Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a growing buzz in league circles that Deshaun Watson could ask to be traded

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • There's a growing buzz in league circles that Deshaun Watson could ask to be traded

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-a-trade/

    there ya go, that is the move the broncos should make. even if it means giving up lots of draft capital. the broncos would be an instant playoff contender if they made that move IMO

    watson is not happy there so i can see this possibly happening. i sure hope not though, hope he stays right where he is and the broncos continue to be trash.
    sigpic

  • #2
    Where does the asking price begin? 3 x 1st round & 3 x 2nd round?

    A team would kill its future to to get him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...k-for-a-trade/

      there ya go, that is the move the broncos should make. even if it means giving up lots of draft capital. the broncos would be an instant playoff contender if they made that move IMO

      watson is not happy there so i can see this possibly happening. i sure hope not though, hope he stays right where he is and the broncos continue to be trash.
      Why would we want a QB with pretty stats that does not translate into winning? He has just had a "Kyle Orton" season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

        Why would we want a QB with pretty stats that does not translate into winning? He has just had a "Kyle Orton" season.
        I truly hope the broncos share that view. The broncos should hire you as their new GM, that would be amazing!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
          Where does the asking price begin? 3 x 1st round & 3 x 2nd round?

          A team would kill its future to to get him.
          if I were the broncos I’d offer this years first and second as well as next years first and throw in lock.

          how much draft capital have the broncos wasted on QB’s? You know this would be the piece to get you back into the playoffs. Why wouldn’t you?

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post

            if I were the broncos I’d offer this years first and second as well as next years first and throw in lock.

            how much draft capital have the broncos wasted on QB’s? You know this would be the piece to get you back into the playoffs. Why wouldn’t you?
            The AFCW nighttime matchups in primetime would be epic for a decade to come.
            Thanksgiving, Christmas day games, the fights between these 3 superstar QBs for playoff position, the Superbowls, the parades....

            But we will likely end up with Tyrod

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

              But we will likely end up with Tyrod
              ewww thats truly some trash talk right there
              Glen Haven Fire

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                if I were the broncos I’d offer this years first and second as well as next years first and throw in lock.

                how much draft capital have the broncos wasted on QB’s? You know this would be the piece to get you back into the playoffs. Why wouldn’t you?
                since when? Only qbs that have been selected was paxton lynch (late first round pick) who was a bust, and Drew lock (mid 2nd round) who is looking like a bust. Although not a lot of 2nd round qbs out there who lit it up right after getting drafted. Who knows, maybe he really does need more time.

                Only other qbs drafted by the broncos have been 7th rounders I believe. Does that count as missing out on a qb when its someone like Chad kelly? very last pick in the draft.

                For the record I dont really think lock will amount to much and would love to have watson. I just dont agree with people arguing that the broncos have missed on so many qbs in the draft. If anything you could argue the broncos havent spent enough draft capital on QB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                  I truly hope the broncos share that view. The broncos should hire you as their new GM, that would be amazing!
                  No the hell we don't 90% would love him....I only can think of two that would say some nonsense. Most of us understand he is 5 top nfl qb easy.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                    if I were the broncos I’d offer this years first and second as well as next years first and throw in lock.

                    how much draft capital have the broncos wasted on QB’s? You know this would be the piece to get you back into the playoffs. Why wouldn’t you?
                    I can’t imagine 2 x first round and 1 x second round picks would come close to getting DW - at least not where the Broncos will be drafting

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                      I can’t imagine 2 x first round and 1 x second round picks would come close to getting DW - at least not where the Broncos will be drafting
                      It might if you throw in lock and possibly another player. watson has a no trade clause in his contract so he's going to have to agree to get traded there as well. miami is the team people are saying have the best shot. they could give up tua and they also have a high pick. they would be trading Houstons original pick back to them lol

                      Denver has more pieces to win now than miami does though, so there's that to consider.
                      Last edited by baphamet; 01-10-2021, 10:24 AM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

                        since when? Only qbs that have been selected was paxton lynch (late first round pick) who was a bust, and Drew lock (mid 2nd round) who is looking like a bust. Although not a lot of 2nd round qbs out there who lit it up right after getting drafted. Who knows, maybe he really does need more time.

                        Only other qbs drafted by the broncos have been 7th rounders I believe. Does that count as missing out on a qb when its someone like Chad kelly? very last pick in the draft.

                        For the record I dont really think lock will amount to much and would love to have watson. I just dont agree with people arguing that the broncos have missed on so many qbs in the draft. If anything you could argue the broncos havent spent enough draft capital on QB.
                        tim tebow and jay cutler, even though the current regime didn't draft those guys. the point is, you won't have to worry about the QB position anymore, you won't have to worry about if the next guy is going to work out.

                        the broncos have missed on 6 QB's in a row, regardless of how or where they got them. trading for Watson would finally solve that issue and vault the broncos into instant playoff contention.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                          It might if you throw in lock and possibly another player. watson has a no trade clause in his contract so he's going to have to agree to get traded there as well. miami is the team people are saying have the best shot. they could give up tua and they also have a high pick. they would be trading Houstons original pick back to them lol

                          Denver has more pieces to win now than miami does though, so there's that to consider.
                          I’m not sure if this post is in jest.

                          - Drew lock isn’t putting any trade over the top, much less a trade for DW.

                          - Miami had $36m in cap space compared to Denver’s $18m.

                          - Miami has 2 x first round & 2 x second round picks in the 2021 draft.

                          - Miami has a better coach

                          - Miami is younger

                          - Miami doesn’t have state income tax. Neither does Texas. It won’t be a realized pay raise, but it won’t be a pay cut either - like going to Denver.

                          - whether Denver is better set (less a QB) to win than Miami is highly questionable. I’m guessing most people would argue the other direction.

                          - Miami has a lot better climate for a QB - and a better night life.

                          I have no idea where DW ends up, but if it’s a choice between Miami and Denver and the salary is the same, then he’s not going to Denver.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                            tim tebow and jay cutler, even though the current regime didn't draft those guys. the point is, you won't have to worry about the QB position anymore, you won't have to worry about if the next guy is going to work out.

                            the broncos have missed on 6 QB's in a row, regardless of how or where they got them. trading for Watson would finally solve that issue and vault the broncos into instant playoff contention.
                            If you gonna go back that far you can show most teams picking bad qbs.

                            Also technically jay Cutler gained us draft capital since he was drafted with a mid 1st round pick and traded for 2 1sts, a third, and orton. I mean those picks were wasted by a josh mcdaniels but your argument was just about draft capital spent on and.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                              Why would we want a QB with pretty stats that does not translate into winning? He has just had a "Kyle Orton" season.
                              some one clearly has trouble grasping football, the texans coaches and Gms have stripped the team of talent, and coached this team into the ground, and this "orton like qb " still had 4873 passing yards, 33 tds and only 7 ints

                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X