Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's a growing buzz in league circles that Deshaun Watson could ask to be traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

If you gonna go back that far you can show most teams picking bad qbs.

Also technically jay Cutler gained us draft capital since he was drafted with a mid 1st round pick and traded for 2 1sts, a third, and orton. I mean those picks were wasted by a josh mcdaniels but your argument was just about draft capital spent on and.
    and what are you arguing exactly? are you saying you would rather put faith in lock? the FACT remains that the broncos have failed to address the QB position 6 times in a row now. do you take issue with my opinion that the broncos should trade for Watson if given the opportunity?

heck, if my team didn't have herb i'd be fine with them making that move, trading away multiple first and second-round picks to make it happen. teams have given up a lot for just a corner or a safety.....this is a sure fire franchise QB who is only 25 years old, a guarantee you cannot get in the draft, even with Lawrence.

hell yes i would trade the farm for a guaranteed franchise QB who is going to be in house for the next 10 years at least.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

and what are you arguing exactly? are you saying you would rather put faith in lock? the FACT remains that the broncos have failed to address the QB position 6 times in a row now. do you take issue with my opinion that the broncos should trade for Watson if given the opportunity?

heck, if my team didn't have herb i'd be fine with them making that move, trading away multiple first and second-round picks to make it happen. teams have given up a lot for just a corner or a safety.....this is a sure fire franchise QB who is only 25 years old, a guarantee you cannot get in the draft, even with Lawrence.

hell yes i would trade the farm for a guaranteed franchise QB who is going to be in house for the next 10 years at least.
      cant disagree
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Did I not say lock is probably a bust? I would love Watson, I'm not sure how likely it is to get him though. The only argument I was making was that the broncos haven't really tried to get a qb through the draft yet.

A couple late 1st rounders in 20 years isn't much of an effort. Most our qbs have been free agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Did I not say lock is probably a bust? I would love Watson, I'm not sure how likely it is to get him though. The only argument I was making was that the broncos haven't really tried to get a qb through the draft yet.

A couple late 1st rounders in 20 years isn't much of an effort. Most our qbs have been free agents.
          its what i have said...in drafts they have been in position to get one, other than josh allen, there really wasn't a qb that would now be considered franchise that the broncos could have reached up and got
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

its what i have said...in drafts they have been in position to get one, other than josh allen, there really wasn't a qb that would now be considered franchise that the broncos could have reached up and got
            They could’ve moved up for Mahomes. Are we to believe that Kansas City was the only front office to have seen his talent?

I saw a guy that reminded me of Jake Plummer with a much stronger arm.

if KC was the only team to had saw Mahomes talent then Denver made yet another mistake this off-season by not interviewing and signing Chris Shea to be he new GM.

Chris Shea is KC’s Chief Financial Officer/Cap Guru, the head of their scouting department, and he has also found time to be a lawyer through all of it.

KC has some straight talent on that roster and I believe Shea’s more responsible for that than anyone else.

But hey maybe Paton will be a better puppet than Xanders! Don’t think Shea would’ve ever bowed down!
            sigpic

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rd-sources-say

hope he doesn't end up in Denver.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

They could’ve moved up for Mahomes. Are we to believe that Kansas City was the only front office to have seen his talent?

I saw a guy that reminded me of Jake Plummer with a much stronger arm.

if KC was the only team to had saw Mahomes talent then Denver made yet another mistake this off-season by not interviewing and signing Chris Shea to be he new GM.

Chris Shea is KC’s Chief Financial Officer/Cap Guru, the head of their scouting department, and he has also found time to be a lawyer through all of it.

KC has some straight talent on that roster and I believe Shea’s more responsible for that than anyone else.

But hey maybe Paton will be a better puppet than Xanders! Don’t think Shea would’ve ever bowed down!
                lmao....mahomes was seen as a 2-3 year project by most experts
                sigpic

Comment

lmao....mahomes was seen as a 2-3 year project by most experts
                  based mostly on the fact that he needed to fix some issues with throwing mechanics and he didn't have a lot of experience under center just like herbert. there are scouts that literally said herbert can't play QB in the NFL. yet you seem to think herb was a guaranteed success?

forget all the speculation. the fact is elway has tried for 5 years to field even a serviceable starting QB and has failed. he has now called in reinforcements to help him figure it out. most teams don't take 5 years to field a serviceable starting QB. nevermind a franchise guy, just get a decent starter or game manager and I think your team improves by a lot.

trade for stafford or watson, trade up and draft a guy. there are options and have been options.
                  Last edited by baphamet; 01-25-2021, 03:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

based mostly on the fact that he needed to fix some issues with throwing mechanics and he didn't have a lot of experience under center just like herbert. there are scouts that literally said herbert can't play QB in the NFL. yet you seem to think herb was a guaranteed success?

forget all the speculation. the fact is elway has tried for 5 years to field even a serviceable starting QB and has failed. he has now called in reinforcements to help him figure it out. most teams don't take 5 years to field a serviceable starting QB. nevermind a franchise guy, just get a decent starter or game manager and I think your team improves by a lot.

trade for stafford or watson, trade up and draft a guy. there are options and have been options.
                    ya i wish a qb would just fall into our lap...like yours
                    sigpic

Comment

ya i wish a qb would just fall into our lap...like yours
                      You mean like John elway and Peyton Manning did?
                      sigpic

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ford-via-trade

man, the division would be stacked with QB's if this happens. it doesn't look like watson wants to go to Denver so this really is best case scenario for denver unless they are ready to trade up in the draft to get one of the three top QB's.
                        sigpic

Comment

You mean like John elway and Peyton Manning did?
                          how did elway fall into our laps when we traded for him, same with manning a free agent that came because he liked elways pitch

way differant than sucking and then being in a draft at #6 and not having to lift a finger to land herbert...he just fell into the sixth spot and into your laps
                          sigpic

Comment

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ford-via-trade

man, the division would be stacked with QB's if this happens. it doesn't look like watson wants to go to Denver so this really is best case scenario for denver unless they are ready to trade up in the draft to get one of the three top QB's.
                            i would be ok with it, if he can did the same as manning, but it puts us back into we need a long term franchise qb again in a few years

i would more ok with drafting one of the top qbs and letting the battle in camp between lock and who ever
                            sigpic

Comment

how did elway fall into our laps when we traded for him, same with manning a free agent that came because he liked elways pitch

way differant than sucking and then being in a draft at #6 and not having to lift a finger to land herbert...he just fell into the sixth spot and into your laps
                              yes he fell to us because other teams were not sold on him just like ive been telling you. you are acting like this was a no-brainer pick and if it was he would have been the #1 overall draft pick, even above burrow, due to his physical attributes that are off the charts.

a no brainer pick is like when Denver sucked and landed von miller 2nd overall. guess elway didn't have to lift a finger for that decision, huh? also, manning absolutely fell in elways lap we have been over this. "he liked elway's pitch" that's hysterical!

manning had choices and he chose the broncos and elway's "pitch" (or the simple fact that he is john elway)may have been a factor but the fact that a QB of that caliber was even available (mostly due to injury) was a dream scenario for elway and the broncos.

funny how the chargers drafting a guy 6th overall (the third QB taken) that many people had serious doubts about, is considered "not lifting a finger" but signing one of the greatest QB's of all time to replace tim tebow was much harder? LOL GTHOH
                              Last edited by baphamet; 01-27-2021, 07:52 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

i would be ok with it, if he can did the same as manning, but it puts us back into we need a long term franchise qb again in a few years

i would more ok with drafting one of the top qbs and letting the battle in camp between lock and who ever
                                question is, are you okay with trading draft capital to move up to draft a QB? you're very likely not getting one of the top 3 guys, too many teams ahead of you need QB's. your only other option is to draft another developmental type guy and let him battle with lock.

this is why trading for Stafford is a good choice IMO. you won't have to trade away anywhere near as much draft capital. you're getting a QB that has 4-5 years of shelf life left at least (he's only 33) and you don't have to worry about if he will work out, he's already a legit starter in the league.

really you're only concern there are injuries. that could be the deciding factor in why the broncos or other teams may not want to pull the trigger.
                                Last edited by baphamet; 01-27-2021, 08:02 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X