Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Herbert had the best rookie season for a QB of all time.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Justin Herbert had the best rookie season for a QB of all time.

    why is this smack? because a broncos fan here tried to tell me that justin herbert didn't have the best rookie QB season of all time. kid breaks all the rookie records except one that he barely missed. despite having the worst OL in the NFL(table below) and one of the worst ST's in NFL history.

    not to mention the defense that would go into garbage time mode for the entire second half. the defense is what choked a lot of games away this year. you broncos fans witnessed that first hand in our first meeting this year when the defense made lock actually look good like only the chargers can!.

    what about the running game? except for when ekeler wasn't hurt it was abysmal. they ran a lot but it was very ineffective. people say he has keenan allen, hunter henry, mile williams, and ekeler. but even when keenan and other guys were out it didn't matter, he did most of the deep ball damage throwing it to two UDFA's

    oh and bad clock management? terrible play calling?




    it's comical to think about how he had the season that he did despite all that. so yeah, best season a rookie QB has ever had. I just hope he doesn't fall back to earth too far next year.

    Anyway, weep 58miller. enjoy watching drew lock ride the pine somewhere.



    sigpic

  • #2
    Impressive. Here are those records. Taken from Charger Wire.

    Herbert became the youngest quarterback in league history to throw 30 touchdown passes in a single season. Herbert, who did it at 22 years and 299 days old, broke Lamar Jackson’s record, who threw for 30 touchdowns at 22 years and 339 days old.

    He also passed Carson Wentz’s rookie record of 379 completions in a season. He had four total touchdowns to give him 36 this season, passing Cam Newton’s record. Herbert now possesses the most rushing touchdowns in a single season by a Chargers quarterback in franchise history with five.

    Along with that, Herbert set the rookie record for most games with at least 300 passing yards (8), most games with at least two touchdown passes (10) and most games with at least three touchdown passes (6).

    Comment


    • #3
      I loved Herbert coming out, and am disappointed we weren't in the running for him. I remember fans in the draft forum here mocking the pick and acting like draft day last year was glorious for Denver in picking 2 wide receivers, while teams in the division had made out worse than us. Herbert is going to be a problem I feel like Rivers was for us for so many years, until Manning came along. Very jealous of the quarterbacks in the AFC West currently, Herbert will be good for a long time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I loved Herbert coming out, and am disappointed we weren't in the running for him. I remember fans in the draft forum here mocking the pick and acting like draft day last year was glorious for Denver in picking 2 wide receivers, while teams in the division had made out worse than us. Herbert is going to be a problem I feel like Rivers was for us for so many years, until Manning came along. Very jealous of the quarterbacks in the AFC West currently, Herbert will be good for a long time.
        I thought the broncos had a solid off season last year but the QB position needs to get worked out.

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Impressive. Here are those records. Taken from Charger Wire.

          Herbert became the youngest quarterback in league history to throw 30 touchdown passes in a single season. Herbert, who did it at 22 years and 299 days old, broke Lamar Jackson’s record, who threw for 30 touchdowns at 22 years and 339 days old.

          He also passed Carson Wentz’s rookie record of 379 completions in a season. He had four total touchdowns to give him 36 this season, passing Cam Newton’s record. Herbert now possesses the most rushing touchdowns in a single season by a Chargers quarterback in franchise history with five.

          Along with that, Herbert set the rookie record for most games with at least 300 passing yards (8), most games with at least two touchdown passes (10) and most games with at least three touchdown passes (6).
          WOW! Is it possible he is the Michael Jordon of the NFL?
          Utah Bronco Freak

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
            Impressive. Here are those records. Taken from Charger Wire.

            Herbert became the youngest quarterback in league history to throw 30 touchdown passes in a single season. Herbert, who did it at 22 years and 299 days old, broke Lamar Jackson’s record, who threw for 30 touchdowns at 22 years and 339 days old.

            He also passed Carson Wentz’s rookie record of 379 completions in a season. He had four total touchdowns to give him 36 this season, passing Cam Newton’s record. Herbert now possesses the most rushing touchdowns in a single season by a Chargers quarterback in franchise history with five.

            Along with that, Herbert set the rookie record for most games with at least 300 passing yards (8), most games with at least two touchdown passes (10) and most games with at least three touchdown passes (6).
            Those are pretty amazing stats. Next season will be interesting to watch if he has a second season fall off like usual, and then if he builds on that going forward or not. Or if he is a freak and maintains that high production.

            Playing the way he did this year makes the potential of this division being very tough.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post

              Those are pretty amazing stats. Next season will be interesting to watch if he has a second season fall off like usual, and then if he builds on that going forward or not. Or if he is a freak and maintains that high production.

              Playing the way he did this year makes the potential of this division being very tough.
              yeah it's almost inevitable that he falls back to earth a little bit, especially considering it's very likely that he has to learn yet another offensive system. it will be like the 4th or 5th offense he has had to learn since getting to Oregon. that is the only thing about hiring a new coach I don't like.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                yeah it's almost inevitable that he falls back to earth a little bit, especially considering it's very likely that he has to learn yet another offensive system. it will be like the 4th or 5th offense he has had to learn since getting to Oregon. that is the only thing about hiring a new coach I don't like.
                You nailed it Baph. How he and a new coach with a new system and any other significant changes from last year mesh together. Will be interesting to see how it plays out for the Bolts. Very different in Bronco land with our "deer in headlights" moment we are currently witnessing.
                Utah Bronco Freak

                Comment

                Working...
                X