Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tyrod taylor to sign with the broncos, per source.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tyrod taylor to sign with the broncos, per source.

    the source? me, I'm the source. you heard it here first broncos fans. the broncos are going to sign tyrod taylor to compete with lock for the starting position.

    the broncos are not in a great position to draft a QB unless they want to take their chances on yet another developmental project or trade up. since stafford and watson don't want to play in Denver, they are likely to give lock another chance to prove himself.

    but this time he will have competition. I would honestly like to see this happen because I still feel bad for tyrod after how he lost his job in LA and I do think he can win that job in Denver. as I said a while back, tyrod is better than anyone on the Denver roster since manning retired and I would love to see that proven, even if it does mean it makes the broncos better.

    he's going to protect the football and not make a lot of mistakes. your offense won't be really explosive with him (still better than it is with lock) but with the good defense the broncos have and the two-headed monster at RB, I think it's actually a good fit.

    edit: misspelled his name in the title *tyrod
    Last edited by baphamet; 02-03-2021, 08:50 AM.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I feel bad for Tyrod's career path. He's only been given a chance with Buffalo, (which was an abysmal team at the time). He's pretty much been a clipboard holder his whole career behind youngsters. I think he's a decent QB. Not a top 5 guy, but somewhere between 10-15 in a 32 starters board.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      If his past is any indication then Lock will explode for a huge season. Got replaced by Josh Allen, benched for Mayfield, benched for Herbert, even Flacco won the super bowl in Taylor’s second season.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
        I feel bad for Tyrod's career path. He's only been given a chance with Buffalo, (which was an abysmal team at the time). He's pretty much been a clipboard holder his whole career behind youngsters. I think he's a decent QB. Not a top 5 guy, but somewhere between 10-15 in a 32 starters board.
        I don't know about top 15 but he would be somewhere around top 20 at least. you're right, he's been on terrible teams and I do think if he was given the chance in Denver it would be the best team he's been on (including last years chargers who were awful outside of the passing game).
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          If this happens, cool however I think he’ll be cuffed as like many other bronco QBs in the last 5 years and we’ll see another captain check down in Denver, ignoring his abilities to protect the ball and manage the game on his own.

          Not sure why he’s want to come here, unless he feels completely desperate but I think Elway and Paton will go with Andy Dalton, someone the FO can better justify choosing Lock to be the starter over.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            If this happens, cool however I think he’ll be cuffed as like many other bronco QBs in the last 5 years and we’ll see another captain check down in Denver, ignoring his abilities to protect the ball and manage the game on his own.

            Not sure why he’s want to come here, unless he feels completely desperate but I think Elway and Paton will go with Andy Dalton, someone the FO can better justify choosing Lock to be the starter over.
            because he would have a chance to win the starting job. they would be dumb to go after dalton rather than taylor. I would think a new GM would want to either draft or bring in his own guy, he's not tied to lock, elway is.

            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by baphamet View Post

              because he would have a chance to win the starting job. they would be dumb to go after dalton rather than taylor. I would think a new GM would want to either draft or bring in his own guy, he's not tied to lock, elway is.
              Of course but Elway is still in the building and in case you’ve forgotten, Elway didn’t step down nor did he step aside. He promoted himself to boss over the GM.

              He’s still going to dictate a lot of things.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

                Of course but Elway is still in the building and in case you’ve forgotten, Elway didn’t step down nor did he step aside. He promoted himself to boss over the GM.

                He’s still going to dictate a lot of things.

                you're right but the perception is elway is no longer the GM and he won't get heat for drafting or letting go of a QB, he would get heat for hiring patton. the reality is, he will still have a lot of say in what goes on and will be a big influence on draft day.

                every team in the league has a President of Football Operations. the chargers owner's son is in that position and he has a lot of say in all moves the chargers make. there was a video interview I watched talking about how he was a big part of the reason why the chargers drafted joey bosa. yet he gets next to no credit or criticism for the moves the chargers make.


                thats why elway is in that spot. he will not be tied to any move the broncos make from here on out.

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by baphamet View Post


                  you're right but the perception is elway is no longer the GM and he won't get heat for drafting or letting go of a QB, he would get heat for hiring patton. the reality is, he will still have a lot of say in what goes on and will be a big influence on draft day.

                  every team in the league has a President of Football Operations. the chargers owner's son is in that position and he has a lot of say in all moves the chargers make. there was a video interview I watched talking about how he was a big part of the reason why the chargers drafted joey bosa. yet he gets next to no credit or criticism for the moves the chargers make.


                  thats why elway is in that spot. he will not be tied to any move the broncos make from here on out.
                  I understand what you are saying in theory and I wish that were true, but as always, he will get credit for say someone like Patrick Surtain II or trading for a QB like Darnold just for the simple fact that he’s sitting at the top.

                  These Denver Elway fanatics will always credit him for anything good even with Paton or another GM at the helm. He’ll also receive no blame if someone Bolles completely fails in 2021 after John extended him. He’ll receive zero blame if Juwann James finds another reason to sit out his final season in Denver. John brought those guys here just as he “brought Manning here”.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    the source? me, I'm the source. you heard it here first broncos fans. the broncos are going to sign tyrod taylor to compete with lock for the starting position.

                    the broncos are not in a great position to draft a QB unless they want to take their chances on yet another developmental project or trade up. since stafford and watson don't want to play in Denver, they are likely to give lock another chance to prove himself.

                    but this time he will have competition. I would honestly like to see this happen because I still feel bad for tyrod after how he lost his job in LA and I do think he can win that job in Denver. as I said a while back, tyrod is better than anyone on the Denver roster since manning retired and I would love to see that proven, even if it does mean it makes the broncos better.

                    he's going to protect the football and not make a lot of mistakes. your offense won't be really explosive with him (still better than it is with lock) but with the good defense the broncos have and the two-headed monster at RB, I think it's actually a good fit.

                    edit: misspelled his name in the title *tyrod
                    Phew....I was worried it wasn't credible!!














                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tyrod Taylor to be the Broncos answer at QB. Really? Jeezus, is it last call and fans are willing to take anything home?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                        Tyrod Taylor to be the Broncos answer at QB. Really? Jeezus, is it last call and fans are willing to take anything home?

                        Elways choice will most likely be Andy Falton and of course when he unseats lock, a sudden injury to the red rifle will pop up justifying a decision to remain with Lock at the helm but we’ll all be told it was George Patons move.

                        I truly hope broncomania knows better, we all know the Denver Elways won’t. Lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                          Tyrod Taylor to be the Broncos answer at QB. Really? Jeezus, is it last call and fans are willing to take anything home?

                          to be fair it's my idea and I'm not a broncos fan

                          although if you look at it objectively it's really a good fit for the broncos IF they don't go after Watson or trade up to get one of the top QB's in the draft this year. the broncos need at the very least a QB that can run the offense and not turn the ball over a lot. if the broncos improve along the OL they can and should be a run-first offense with tyrod just managing it like an alex smith type role.

                          tyrod can absolutely do that for you.

                          tyrod can also at the very least add competition to the QB room which (if you still believe in lock) will either elevate locks game or answer your question if lock can be the guy going forward.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                            to be fair it's my idea and I'm not a broncos fan

                            although if you look at it objectively it's really a good fit for the broncos IF they don't go after Watson or trade up to get one of the top QB's in the draft this year. the broncos need at the very least a QB that can run the offense and not turn the ball over a lot. if the broncos improve along the OL they can and should be a run-first offense with tyrod just managing it like an alex smith type role.

                            tyrod can absolutely do that for you.

                            tyrod can also at the very least add competition to the QB room which (if you still believe in lock) will either elevate locks game or answer your question if lock can be the guy going forward.
                            Didn't think you weren't a Broncos fan. Never understood why some other fan would come to another team's site and offer suggestions, unless it was to talk smack (which I still find a bit odd). Taylor would get the Broncos to 8-8 in a good season, and that's not what the Broncos need. They need a solid HOF QB of the future. I guess if this was your sneaky way of talkin' smack to plant a bomb in the Broncos efforts to become a significant threat in the playoffs, well kudos to you. It had me guessing.
                            Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                              Didn't think you weren't a Broncos fan. Never understood why some other fan would come to another team's site and offer suggestions, unless it was to talk smack (which I still find a bit odd). Taylor would get the Broncos to 8-8 in a good season, and that's not what the Broncos need. They need a solid HOF QB of the future. I guess if this was your sneaky way of talkin' smack to plant a bomb in the Broncos efforts to become a significant threat in the playoffs, well kudos to you. It had me guessing.
                              you are new around here, yes I come here to talk smack but I also like to talk football in a fair nontoxic place. I'm being dead serious with this take but I have to ask.....where do you think you're getting a future HOF QB from? read my post again, if you're not going to trade the farm for Watson or trade up to draft one of the top QB's, where are you going to get that player from?



                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X