Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tyrod taylor to sign with the broncos, per source.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

    you are new around here, yes I come here to talk smack but I also like to talk football in a fair nontoxic place. I'm being dead serious with this take but I have to ask.....where do you think you're getting a future HOF QB from? read my post again, if you're not going to trade the farm for Watson or trade up to draft one of the top QB's, where are you going to get that player from?




    I think you're a saboteur. Do you know what we do with saboteurs? Do you?

    Comment


    • #17
      https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/the...g-really-messy

      it's looking like the Texans are refusing to trade Watson right now. the broncos' options are limited if they are wanting to upgrade the QB position this year.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/02/the...g-really-messy

        it's looking like the Texans are refusing to trade Watson right now. the broncos' options are limited if they are wanting to upgrade the QB position this year.
        The Houston Texans front office continues to dig a hole for itself this offseason. In it’s most recently frowned upon move, executives dismissed equipment manager Mike Parson and his staff, who were said to have a close relationship with quarterback Deshaun Watson.

        Although the Texans clearly want to make extensive cultural changes within the organization, the moves haven’t sat right with their current players. The frustration continues to mount as the relationship between the team’s front office and Houston’s franchise quarterback deteriorates. Both sides have become further entrenched in their positions with Watson finally requesting a trade after reportedly being unhappy for the last few weeks.
        I don't see him coming back. He just may end up in the division, Denver more likely than Vegas.

        Teams have also reached out to the Seahawks about Russell Wilson. Shooting their shot as Ian Rapoport says.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
          I feel bad for Tyrod's career path. He's only been given a chance with Buffalo, (which was an abysmal team at the time). He's pretty much been a clipboard holder his whole career behind youngsters. I think he's a decent QB. Not a top 5 guy, but somewhere between 10-15 in a 32 starters board.
          he’s a mediocre QB. He proved that in Buffalo.
          Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Safety View Post

            he’s a mediocre QB. He proved that in Buffalo.
            mediocre is better than one of the very worst in the league like you have currently. if the broncos roll with lock again they need competition in the QB room. if not Taylor then someone else who is also likely "mediocre".

            If the broncos had a mediocre starting QB they wouldn't be in bad shape right now honestly.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              No thanks, no better than Lock.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by EngBronco View Post
                No thanks, no better than Lock.
                uhh, so far lock is far worse than taylor has been at any point in his career. lock throws int's like he's trying to lose games. Taylor doesn't. lock only has two fewer int's in his short career than taylor, that's two less int's in 18 games vs Taylors 47 games.

                that's also considering taylor has played on some pretty bad teams. lock had weapons all around him and stunk up the joint.


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by EngBronco View Post
                  No thanks, no better than Lock.
                  Warning! The circus might be missing a clown? I suffer with COULROPHOBIA.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                    mediocre is better than one of the very worst in the league like you have currently. if the broncos roll with lock again they need competition in the QB room. if not Taylor then someone else who is also likely "mediocre".

                    If the broncos had a mediocre starting QB they wouldn't be in bad shape right now honestly.
                    medicre....just another run of the mill qb, who will be a backup until hes out of the league
                    as for being better than lock, when ? in his 5th year in the league with 27 games played in, as opposed lock with 18

                    seems to me if he was so great why did it take five years to get a start...seems like five years of practice is better than 1.5 huh

                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                      uhh, so far lock is far worse than taylor has been at any point in his career. lock throws int's like he's trying to lose games. Taylor doesn't. lock only has two fewer int's in his short career than taylor, that's two less int's in 18 games vs Taylors 47 games.

                      that's also considering taylor has played on some pretty bad teams. lock had weapons all around him and stunk up the joint.

                      and theres the reason taylor sucks...and isnt a viable starting qb...scared to throw the ball...again your comparing a guy who never got a true start as #1 qb until his fifth season, to a qb who has started as a rookie

                      taylors record...in his 5th, 6th and 7th seasons...his only shot at a starters job....24-24
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        the source? me, I'm the source. you heard it here first broncos fans. the broncos are going to sign tyrod taylor to compete with lock for the starting position.

                        the broncos are not in a great position to draft a QB unless they want to take their chances on yet another developmental project or trade up. since stafford and watson don't want to play in Denver, they are likely to give lock another chance to prove himself.

                        but this time he will have competition. I would honestly like to see this happen because I still feel bad for tyrod after how he lost his job in LA and I do think he can win that job in Denver. as I said a while back, tyrod is better than anyone on the Denver roster since manning retired and I would love to see that proven, even if it does mean it makes the broncos better.

                        he's going to protect the football and not make a lot of mistakes. your offense won't be really explosive with him (still better than it is with lock) but with the good defense the broncos have and the two-headed monster at RB, I think it's actually a good fit.

                        edit: misspelled his name in the title *tyrod
                        Yikes....this thread is still alive, even though "the source" is highly uninformed!!!

                        May "the force" mess with "the source".

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Hopefully this is just a possibility for him to be the QB2. He's already proven that he's not going to be a long-term solution at QB1.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by arapaho View Post

                            and theres the reason taylor sucks...and isnt a viable starting qb...scared to throw the ball...again your comparing a guy who never got a true start as #1 qb until his fifth season, to a qb who has started as a rookie

                            taylors record...in his 5th, 6th and 7th seasons...his only shot at a starters job....24-24
                            as opposed to a QB not afraid to throw 4 INT's and lose games for his team? tyrod isn't a viable long-term solution but neither is lock. just another failed developmental elway pick

                            if not tyrod taylor then who? who are you bringing in? nobody? I sure hope so!

                            Last edited by baphamet; 03-01-2021, 04:23 PM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                              Yikes....this thread is still alive, even though "the source" is highly uninformed!!!

                              May "the force" mess with "the source".

                              wanna tell me why I'm "uninformed"? or are you just trolling? are you really trying to imply lock isn't one of the very worst QB's in the leauge? do you mean to tell me that the broncos dont need to bring in anyone else? just keep rolling with lock?

                              if so I would say the broncos head coach disagrees with you and I would say it's you that is misinformed. let's not forget how many crap QB's you broncos fans have defended to your last breath around here, only to see them fail time and time again.

                              "yikes!" is right!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                                Hopefully this is just a possibility for him to be the QB2. He's already proven that he's not going to be a long-term solution at QB1.
                                either way, whoever it is, wouldn't you say it's fair that if the Broncos are going to give lock another chance that they need to bring in competition to the QB room? if not taylor it's going to be somebody.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X