Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess we won't see the Chefs fans here for awhile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we won't see the Chefs fans here for awhile.

One reason why I never threw the Broncos success at fans of lesser teams was played out last night. That ol' foot in mouth disease was never something I wanted to contract.

I still can't get over how bad the Bucs D made the Chefs offense look. I expected Brady and that offense to be smart and produce, but the Chefs were just full of themselves on offense and thought they'd walk all over the Bucs. Reid's a great offensive guy, but his game preparation sometimes...meh.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-08-2021, 05:06 AM.

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
    One reason why I never threw the Broncos success at fans of lesser teams was played out last night. That ol' foot in mouth disease was never something I wanted to contract.

I still can't get over how bad the Bucs D made the Chefs offense look. I expected Brady and that offense to be smart and produce, but the Chefs were just full of themselves on offense and thought they'd walk all over the Bucs. Reid's a great offensive guy, but his game preparation sometimes...meh.
    I suspect they'll be the AFC favorites again. WOuldn't be surprised to see Bucs vs Chiefs in the SB next year
    Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

What a time to play your worst game in over 3 years or more. Wow...they just didn't have it. I don't think the Chiefs were full of themselves on offense. They were fairly quiet...it was all the "experts" and fans that were talking it up. I had a feeling when I heard some saying it was going to be a Chiefs win in a blowout that it was going to be the exact opposite...but I was hopeful...after all...until now Mahomes had not lost a game by more than one score. Glad they won one last year before this fiasco. Makes it more bearable.

Ah well...they will be back. They need to fix up the o-line and they will be fine.

Comment

History shows us that teams that lose super bowls don't go back to the super bowl the following year for the most part. A super bowl loss is psychologically very devastating. Look at Seattle, Atlanta, Rams, etc. They all had good teams and haven't sniffed the super bowl since they lost to NE.
        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post

What a time to play your worst game in over 3 years or more. Wow...they just didn't have it. I don't think the Chiefs were full of themselves on offense. They were fairly quiet...it was all the "experts" and fans that were talking it up. I had a feeling when I heard some saying it was going to be a Chiefs win in a blowout that it was going to be the exact opposite...but I was hopeful...after all...until now Mahomes had not lost a game by more than one score. Glad they won one last year before this fiasco. Makes it more bearable.

Ah well...they will be back. They need to fix up the o-line and they will be fine.
          I'm gonna watch the coaches film on this. Watching it live ya get too wrapped up in focusing on the ball and missing a lot. Chefs should be around next year, but no guarantees. Not sure about your FA situation, but some guys might be demanding big bucks. You're in the hole for $12M as it sits now, so they'll have to dump some contracts.

I will say that regardless whether Mahomes was missing seeing open receivers or doing his pre-reads, he's still arguably the most gifted QB athletically. Crazy how he can throw the ball when he's figuratively upside down. But, he's sure no Brady when it comes to managing the game. Say what they want about the mobile, modern QB, but if you have a very intelligent QB out there, he can manage a game to a win.
          Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-08-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

other than obi there really haven't been many chiefs fans here to begin with. the chiefs looked really bad. they did have some horrible protection issues. reminded me of what the chargers have had all season but they had the worst OL in football.

it's easy to miss open receivers when you're running for your life all game long. It also doesn't help that your defense got shredded and made all kinds of mistakes or your receivers dropping passes left and right. I don't think mahomes had a bad game by himself, that entire team choked. even the punter choked.

even though you guys won last year, as a chargers fan I know what it's like to watch your team get thumped in the SB. I still hate steve young and the 9'ers to this day.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              other than obi there really haven't been many chiefs fans here to begin with. the chiefs looked really bad. they did have some horrible protection issues. reminded me of what the chargers have had all season but they had the worst OL in football.

it's easy to miss open receivers when you're running for your life all game long. It also doesn't help that your defense got shredded and made all kinds of mistakes or your receivers dropping passes left and right. I don't think mahomes had a bad game by himself, that entire team choked. even the punter choked.

even though you guys won last year, as a chargers fan I know what it's like to watch your team get thumped in the SB. I still hate steve young and the 9'ers to this day.
              I had PTSD watching the Bucs defense yesterday.

Although I will admit some of the calls were questionable, the results would've been the same. And it's a good thing for Tampa that they played KC earlier this year. It gave Todd Bowles and Co. some vital material for adjustments. Hill destroyed them the first quarter in the first game. This game, 7 catches for a mere 73 yards. A well executed game plan.

Comment

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                  History shows us that teams that lose super bowls don't go back to the super bowl the following year for the most part. A super bowl loss is psychologically very devastating. Look at Seattle, Atlanta, Rams, etc. They all had good teams and haven't sniffed the super bowl since they lost to NE.
                  The Chiefs are going to have their entire team back for the most part next year including coaches + getting some needed guys back from their Covid break. I don't think history will be relevant here. Plus the only guy that can stop them is now in the NFC.

Comment

The Chiefs are going to have their entire team back for the most part next year including coaches + getting some needed guys back from their Covid break. I don't think history will be relevant here. Plus the only guy that can stop them is now in the NFC.
                    I mean... Carr was 1:40 minute away from a sweep. If he can do it, ANYONE can, with a competent defense.

But I agree, KC won't fall off. They'll be fine.

Comment

I think KC will overcome it and have a good season. There is no one in the AFC to compete with them and as I said in another post I believe they'll play Tampa in the Super Bowl again.

Comment

they can be stopped. The chargers took them to OT with a rookie QB that found out he was starting 2 minutes before kick off.

that’s with an OL like the chiefs had last night. They tried to pretend mahomes is a younger version of Tom Brady, he isn’t.

sigpic

Comment

a great pass rush is a great equalizer against a potent offense....proved in 2015 and again yesterday

plus KC is already 11 mill over the cap with players like
                          watkins
                          okafor
                          sorenson
                          breeland among many that are free agents

sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

they can be stopped. The chargers took them to OT with a rookie QB that found out he was starting 2 minutes before kick off.

that’s with an OL like the chiefs had last night. They tried to pretend mahomes is a younger version of Tom Brady, he isn’t.

Mahomes is Mahomes. Brady is Brady. I got so sick of all the constant comparisons to Brady and can Mahomes catch Brady talk before the game and I already know what they are saying after the game...so I have turned all those "experts" off until next season. I could care less if Mahomes can catch Brady or not. I just want him to be the best he can be and the Chiefs to be the best they can be with him and win those Super Bowls. I knew that if we are to go to multiple Super Bowls that sooner or later we would lose some. This was the first. At least we won one first. We didn't do a Buffalo Bills and finally get to the big game and lose four years in a row and never return. So it could be worse. Everything will be fine.

Comment

I'm glad they had the chance...painful as it was. Looking forward to their return.

Comment

Working...
                              X