So long Mahomes, so long Chiefs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long Mahomes, so long Chiefs fans

I had a cute little epiphany last week after watching the Chiefs get absolutely destroyed and dismantled by the Bucs.

The good thing is we no longer have to worry about Chiefs with Mahomes as QB in the Super Bowl again.

No QB who has lost to Tom Brady in the Super Bowl has made it back to the Super Bowl with exception to Kurt Warner, who made it back with the Cardinals and lost to the Steelers.

Jake Delhomme didn’t make it back.
    Russell Wilson hasn’t made it back.
    Matt Ryan hasn’t made it back.
    Donovan McNabb never made it back.
    Jared Goff hasn’t made it back.

Enjoy going back to your bottomless pit of despair Chiefs fans. You’ll be relevant again in about 48 more years. 😊

Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Originally posted by Safety View Post
    I had a cute little epiphany last week after watching the Chiefs get absolutely destroyed and dismantled by the Bucs.

The good thing is we no longer have to worry about Chiefs with Mahomes as QB in the Super Bowl again.

No QB who has lost to Tom Brady in the Super Bowl has made it back to the Super Bowl with exception to Kurt Warner, who made it back with the Cardinals and lost to the Steelers.

Enjoy going back to your bottomless pit of despair Chiefs fans. You’ll be relevant again in about 48 more years. 😊

Interesting list....but I believe Mahomes is a lot better than any on your list....including Wilson. I guess we'll see in about 15 or so years.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post

except it has nothing to do with losing to tom brady. EVERY losing SB QB for the past 26 years with one exception has failed to make it back to the super bowl the following year...
      Last edited by TommyBrady12; 02-21-2021, 04:16 AM.
      Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

I hope the Chefs fans savored that one SB win...it might've been their last.

Comment

As long as Mahomes is alive, the AFC West will belong to the Chiefs and they will be one of the last 8 standing. It's going to be a long time before we can say "so long Mahomes, so long Chiefs", unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
            As long as Mahomes is alive, the AFC West will belong to the Chiefs and they will be one of the last 8 standing. It's going to be a long time before we can say "so long Mahomes, so long Chiefs", unfortunately.
            Bold statement. You may have to start thinking about a "meal of crow" in the future while Mahomes is still alive.

I think you meant "while he's still playing in the AFC West"....and I disagree. brother John.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

As long as he’s alive? You think he’s going die on the field or something?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

As long as he’s alive? You think he’s going die on the field or something?
                I'm visualizing something like this....

(though this guy looks faster than Peyton!!)

Comment

Yep. I absolutely agree with this.

The Chiefs were down 4 starting offensive lineman against one of the NFLs most brutal rushing duo and Mahomes was injured. Doesn't matter if you're superman, without an offensive line even the best QBs look pedestrian.

I appreciate the optimism on the Chief's downfall, but it's not remotely realistic. As long as Patrick Mahomes is playing, the Chiefs will be leading the AFCW, so buckle up for a rough 15+ years as a Broncos fan boys and girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

The Chiefs were down 4 starting offensive lineman against one of the NFLs most brutal rushing duo and Mahomes was injured. Doesn't matter if you're superman, without an offensive line even the best QBs look pedestrian.

I appreciate the optimism on the Chief's downfall, but it's not remotely realistic. As long as Patrick Mahomes is playing, the Chiefs will be leading the AFCW, so buckle up for a rough 15+ years as a Broncos fan boys and girls.
                    It's good to be optimistic, but don't hold your breathe on 15+ years...... Game changes, players move, unfortunately injuries can occur and change the style to which they play.......
                    sigpic

Comment

A rough 15 years? Not realistic. A rough 10 years is a stretch too.
                      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Mahomes is coming down to earth a bit, which is still good enough to be a top 3 QB, but nothing like his 2018 season
                        Super Bowl Wins: Brady - 6 Elway - 2 Manning - 2 (played well in none and took HGH)

Comment

Originally posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
                          Mahomes is coming down to earth a bit, which is still good enough to be a top 3 QB, but nothing like his 2018 season
                          Not sure how you can say "nothing like his 2018 season". He passing yards per game were almost the same. His pass % was higher in '20, and he actually had more rushing yards. Yes, his rate was a little lower (113.8 vs 108.2) but that's not much different. And, like all players, not much opportunity to get completely ready in preseason. Maybe we expect too much of this guy...even the fact that he lost The SB, while hobbled for some time, and minus his tackles.

Comment

they were only out two, with one being out since week six...so not an excuse
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                            X