Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So long Mahomes, so long Chiefs fans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Safety View Post

    it has nothing to do with the following year.

    It has everything to do with the fact that none of those QB’s has made it back to a Super Bowl or won another one period. Only Kurt Warner made it back to one but he didn’t win it.
    Didn’t Manning lose 48 and win 50?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

      Didn’t Manning lose 48 and win 50?
      No, 48 got cancelled, and never happened... don't you remember?
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

      sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post

        No, 48 got cancelled, and never happened... don't you remember?
        Unfortunately I was there , unless that was just a nightmare 😬
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

          Yep. I absolutely agree with this.

          The Chiefs were down 4 starting offensive lineman against one of the NFLs most brutal rushing duo and Mahomes was injured. Doesn't matter if you're superman, without an offensive line even the best QBs look pedestrian.

          I appreciate the optimism on the Chief's downfall, but it's not remotely realistic. As long as Patrick Mahomes is playing, the Chiefs will be leading the AFCW, so buckle up for a rough 15+ years as a Broncos fan boys and girls.
          Super Bowl windows are small. We found that out twice and so did the Seahawks. Brady and the Pats went 10 years without a ring. New powers rise up.

          Mahomes didn’t react well in his first “crisis”, which was not having his left tackle. He’s human. Not Superman.

          Brady did amazing things without key personnel and star receivers. When Mahomes can will his team to victory without the best of his supporting cast, I might agree with you.
          Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

          Comment


          • #20
            i just watched the preseason highlights from the week 3 matchup between the vikings and the chiefs.... Mahomes is still scary as ever! Every throw he made on that game recap, he threw from a different platform/angle and no matter how unorthodox his throwing motion was in each of his throws (does he ever set his feet?) he either rips a 101 mph fastball to the wr or flutters in a pretty rainbow like he's steph curry.

            So long Mahomes....? While I wish it were true, it doesn't appear to be so.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post
              i just watched the preseason highlights from the week 3 matchup between the vikings and the chiefs.... Mahomes is still scary as ever! Every throw he made on that game recap, he threw from a different platform/angle and no matter how unorthodox his throwing motion was in each of his throws (does he ever set his feet?) he either rips a 101 mph fastball to the wr or flutters in a pretty rainbow like he's steph curry.

              So long Mahomes....? While I wish it were true, it doesn't appear to be so.
              They are 1-2, could easily be 0-3, barely beat the Browns. They aren’t the same team. Bolts had their way with them and that in KC. We will have our way with Denver too, mark my words.


              Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post


                They are 1-2, could easily be 0-3, barely beat the Browns. They aren’t the same team. Bolts had their way with them and that in KC. We will have our way with Denver too, mark my words.

                Just curious, can you quantify or describe what "have our way with Denver" means. For example, does that mean the Chargers will win by two scores? Does it mean the game will be over by half-time?

                You say the Chargers "had their way" with the Chiefs, yet the Chargers won largely due to a suspect pass-interference call on the Chargers last drive.

                The Chargers let a 14-0 lead turn into a 14-17 deficit.

                The Chargers committed a false start on 4th down with four yards to go on their final drive...!!!!

                Is that having your way with a team?

                Although, I do sincerely thank the Chargers for beating the Chiefs as that has undoubtedly helped the Broncos post-season odds. I hope the Chargers can manage to beat the Raiders too as well this coming Monday.

                That's the thing with a division as competitive as the AFC west, our division is going to cannibalize each other.

                It'll be interesting to see which team comes out on top in the stacked AFC west.



                ​​​​​​

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post

                  Just curious, can you quantify or describe what "have our way with Denver" means. For example, does that mean the Chargers will win by two scores? Does it mean the game will be over by half-time?

                  You say the Chargers "had their way" with the Chiefs, yet the Chargers won largely due to a suspect pass-interference call on the Chargers last drive.

                  The Chargers let a 14-0 lead turn into a 14-17 deficit.

                  The Chargers committed a false start on 4th down with four yards to go on their final drive...!!!!

                  Is that having your way with a team?

                  Although, I do sincerely thank the Chargers for beating the Chiefs as that has undoubtedly helped the Broncos post-season odds. I hope the Chargers can manage to beat the Raiders too as well this coming Monday.

                  That's the thing with a division as competitive as the AFC west, our division is going to cannibalize each other.

                  It'll be interesting to see which team comes out on top in the stacked AFC west.



                  ​​​​​​
                  Charger fans have changed sayings like "had their way with or did whatever he wanted"

                  The Bills win over WFT is a good example of what these sayings use to mean before the Charger bandwagon redefined them.

                  Josh Allen throwing for 4 td 0 picks 300 plus yds and completing 70+ % of his passes use to be doing whatever you want to a team.

                  Now it is throwing a td and a int plus 300yds and only 20 pts.

                  Having your way with a team would be like the Bills dropping 43 on WFT.

                  Now its winning on a 4th qrt drive.

                  Charger Bandwagon Trolls speaking their truth and redefining the English language lol. But dont call them out they are very emo too!
                  Last edited by 58Miller; 10-01-2021, 10:27 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post

                    Just curious, can you quantify or describe what "have our way with Denver" means. For example, does that mean the Chargers will win by two scores? Does it mean the game will be over by half-time?

                    You say the Chargers "had their way" with the Chiefs, yet the Chargers won largely due to a suspect pass-interference call on the Chargers last drive.

                    The Chargers let a 14-0 lead turn into a 14-17 deficit.

                    The Chargers committed a false start on 4th down with four yards to go on their final drive...!!!!

                    Is that having your way with a team?

                    Although, I do sincerely thank the Chargers for beating the Chiefs as that has undoubtedly helped the Broncos post-season odds. I hope the Chargers can manage to beat the Raiders too as well this coming Monday.

                    That's the thing with a division as competitive as the AFC west, our division is going to cannibalize each other.

                    It'll be interesting to see which team comes out on top in the stacked AFC west.



                    ​​​​​​
                    it’s called a beat down my orange colored umpa loompa troll
                    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

                      it’s called a beat down my orange colored umpa loompa troll
                      I sincerely hope you are capable of a more rational explanation of what you mean by "have our way" or "had our way" beyond this boring drivel.
                      Last edited by justabroncosfan; 10-02-2021, 06:20 AM. Reason: typo

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

                        It's good to be optimistic, but don't hold your breathe on 15+ years...... Game changes, players move, unfortunately injuries can occur and change the style to which they play.......
                        I agree. As an example, without Elway or Manning under center for the Broncos they are complete trash other than maybe Jake Plummer. After Elway retired and without Manning under center the trash has a single lone playoff win and are 1-5 in the playoffs with 13 non playoff years spanning the course of 22 years since the retirement of Elway. Players come and players go, no doubt. Seems like the donks really can’t do squat without a franchise QB under center. Here we are with yet another QB change in Denver to try and fix the trash. Since Manning it’s been a complete train wreck with 3 different HC’s and now 5 different QBs…Semian, Keenan, Flaco, Lock, and now Teddy all with a combined 34-48 record .Will the revolving door ever end? I myself don’t see the trash ending for years to come. Like someone else said Elway and his SB trophs including Manning and his SB trophs haven’t done squat for the donks the past 5 seasons now going on 6 in spite of how their fans continue living in the past with their polishing rags in their back pockets which almost always come out when someone speaks about the current state of the franchise since the 2016 season
                        Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 10-02-2021, 08:25 AM.
                        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The NFL revolves around a handful of exalted QBs and the Chiefs have one, they will be fine.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by justabroncosfan View Post

                            I sincerely hope you are capable of a more rational explanation of what you mean by "have our way" or "had our way" beyond this boring drivel.
                            where u at? are you justabroncosfairweathersmacktalker?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                              where u at? are you justabroncosfairweathersmacktalker?
                              I'm here. Bright and early.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                                where u at? are you justabroncosfairweathersmacktalker?
                                Chargers suck.

                                The Bronco's lost to Lamar Jackson, who has the most wins in the NFL since he has started.

                                What's your excuse going to be when you lose to the Raiders tonight, in your home stadium, that is full of black jerseys?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X