Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you donk fans ready to draft your next QB bust this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obi-groo View Post

I'm not arguing that you are right or wrong about this but I am wondering....why would a fan of a losing football team be jealous of another losing football team...and a bottom feeder at that? I can't wrap my head around that. I mean...its the Chargers that have the 2nd best QB in the division. Another thing that caught my eye...2 or 3 more championships in the NEAR future??? What makes you so sure of that? Surly it is not your current quarterbacks. The only way you even have a chance at maybe 1 in the near future is if acquiring Aaron Rogers is in the near future or if something happens to Mahomes. Maybe your definition of near future is different than mine....like 20 years or something.
    2nd best? Based on what? Carr is the divisions second best. Herbert had a great rookie season and looks the part. But I remember him having a huge lead and Lock bringing the Broncos back and he couldn’t move the ball.

Denver has the deepest roster in the division after this draft Mahomes and Herbert gonna have their hands full with this Denver defense. We got backups in our secondary that would start for Charger and the Chiefs.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

2nd best? Based on what? Carr is the divisions second best. Herbert had a great rookie season and looks the part. But I remember him having a huge lead and Lock bringing the Broncos back and he couldn’t move the ball.

Denver has the deepest roster in the division after this draft Mahomes and Herbert gonna have their hands full with this Denver defense. We got backups in our secondary that would start for Charger and the Chiefs.
      i think you should probably slow down on the “Denver has the deepest roster in the division” blather. Denver has been a steaming dung pile for 5+ years. A draft doesn’t change that, until it’s proven on the field. Just slow dow, take a deep breath and act like you’ve been there before - because you have for 5+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

i think you should probably slow down on the “Denver has the deepest roster in the division” blather. Denver has been a steaming dung pile for 5+ years. A draft doesn’t change that, until it’s proven on the field. Just slow dow, take a deep breath and act like you’ve been there before - because you have for 5+ years.
        Not just the draft we added Two starting corners in free agency, we get back are best offensive player in Sutton and our best defensive player in Von. Broncos are young and deep in my opinion! I get the Pats spent billion dollars on players teams weren’t willing to pay to stay.

What position are the Broncos lacking depth?

Raiders, KC, or LA which one is deeper than the Broncos?
        Last edited by 58Miller; 05-03-2021, 07:35 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not arguing that you are right or wrong about this but I am wondering....why would a fan of a losing football team be jealous of another losing football team...and a bottom feeder at that? I can't wrap my head around that. I mean...its the Chargers that have the 2nd best QB in the division. Another thing that caught my eye...2 or 3 more championships in the NEAR future??? What makes you so sure of that? Surly it is not your current quarterbacks. The only way you even have a chance at maybe 1 in the near future is if acquiring Aaron Rogers is in the near future or if something happens to Mahomes. Maybe your definition of near future is different than mine....like 20 years or something.
          Not sure if you are aware of baph's history in this forum. Very boring, weak smack. You apparently missed my "history" reference in my post. He hates the Broncos for our historical dominance in the AFC West and the lack of historical dominance from the Chargers which equates to historical jealousy by him. What makes your crystal ball better than mine regarding the future?
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

The talk is getting stronger about Aaron Rogers coming to Denver. Almost everything will change if that happens. I say almost because of course KC will still win the division.

Comment

I have never believed in Carr. He is going nowhere now or in the future. If I was a Raiders fan having to face Mahomes twice a year...I would be demanding to draft another QB. The Chargers QB has more potential because he is so new...he has an element of the unknown....but Carr...I think we pretty much know what he is.

Comment

I have never believed in Carr. He is going nowhere now or in the future. If I was a Raiders fan having to face Mahomes twice a year...I would be demanding to draft another QB. The Chargers QB has more potential because he is so new...he has an element of the unknown....but Carr...I think we pretty much know what he is.
                Carr is the 2nd best QB in this division based on what he has done not what he might do.
                Herbert leading the Chargers to a winning record this year would be a good start in moving past him.
                Last edited by 58Miller; 05-04-2021, 08:11 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

The talk is getting stronger about Aaron Rogers coming to Denver. Almost everything will change if that happens. I say almost because of course KC will still win the division.
                  thatll certainly change the landscape. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

I don't think Lock is the 4th best QB in the league, but those who want to place him in the Jamarcus Russell/Ryan Leaf category need to relax. Unfortunately, today's NFL wants the QB to come out and be full star quality like Mahomes right away (which he even sat one year). That isn't easy. Although it may be excuses, last year was just a crap year to prepare for the season for all the players. You may want to compart him to Herbert, but that's a tough comparison because every program is different and Herbert was drafted to be the next star. Shoot, he was considered the #1 pick after his Sophomore year had he come out early. He looked great last year, but failed to win games just like Lock. What does next season look like for him? We have NO idea.

Would I like a sure thing and think that some first round college star is the guy? Sure I would, but who's willing to bet that Lawrence, Fields, Lance, and Jones are all guaranteed future HOFers? Who thinks Goff and Wentz are? At this point, Herbert could be the next Wentz. Crazy good first season, but what has he done since??
                    I really appreciate your posts stack, you are one of the few here that actually brings a logical well thought out point of view to the table.

I get what you're saying but how can you be fine with letting a second-round developmental QB struggle for multiple years with the hope that he may be the next drew brees? there is a difference between that and sitting behind a starting QB and learning.

again, second-round picks don't usually get to struggle for years to prove they can be a starter. it would be different if it were a QB like herbert, a high draft pick with lots of money and draft capital invested. those guys get more of a chance and probably a much longer leash when they struggle.

That's just the way I see it.

Now just for the sake of discussion.................

I know Brady didn't sit for 3 or 4 years, but do you really think they knew what they had from a 6th rounder?

Jake Plummer was a 2nd round player who was supposed to sit behind Kent Graham, but was forced into action after 7 games his rookie year. He wasn't a star, but he had some good years and was fun to watch!!

Randall Cunningham, (one of my favorites), was a 2nd round player who didn't become the full time starter until after 2 seasons as a backup. He was mediocre his first two full seasons.

Drew Brees was a 2nd rounder to be Flutie's replacement. Only sat one season, but the plan wasn't to thrust him in. He was mediocre at best his first two full seasons so I'm not sure anyone had an inkling that he was anywhere near a HOF QB.

Brett Favre was a 2nd rounder and was traded after his first season. He was mediocre at best his first two full seasons.

I could dive deeper by showing stats, but that means nothing. Only thing I will say is that Lock has only started 18 games thus far and has a QB rating of 79.1 with positive TD-Int ratio, which is more than I can say for several of those on the list above after 18 games. I know more HOF QB's that started off with worse numbers. I'm good with giving him another year to see if he can improve with a full year of the same consistency at OC, all his weapons on the field together, and a fully manned defense to help keep the other team under control.

Time will tell, you could be fooled by Herbert and Lock and they could completely flip the script on you. That's why we are merely fans, not NFL Execs, scouts, or coaches. We have NO idea!!
                    I'm not saying a second-round pick can't be a starter or a first-round pick can't be a bust. I'm a chargers fan, I know full well how a second overall drafted QB can be a bust. LOL

what I am saying is a QB that's drafted in the second or third round is always.....every single time......a developmental QB, that usually doesn't pan out or they become a solid backup. yes some have proven they can do it as you mentioned but it's almost always because of an opportunity because of injury.

you should have mentioned kurt warner too. but again. with guys like that it's they were given a chance to start and never looked back in almost every single case. the bottom line is it's not common for teams to let a second-round developmental QB struggle for multiple years.

the broncos are no different, which is why VF said that both him and TB would split first-team reps 50/50 during OTA's and TC. lock is lucky he still has a chance to keep his job at this point. it's especially bad when your own teammates are trying to lure another QB to your team because you suck.

sorry stack, it's just the reality of the situation. your team is actually in pretty good shape but that QB position is bottom 3 in the league as it stands now and not good enough IMO.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

As always, you refuse to address statements with concise, quality answers. You're weak at smack and most of your posts are draped in extreme jealousy and hate of the Broncos. So sad. I sleep very well every night because all I have to do is think that the NFL team I love (starting in the late 1960's) and have enjoyed through thick and thin with a superb history including and 2 or 3 more in the near future and also knowing my team isn't a team having a half a century, aka 50 years, crap history that will remain that way for many, many years.

Also, you are the person that takes all smack personally because of horrifying jealousy and not having any idea whatsoever of what it is like to experience a quality feeling derived from a historical quality team that makes your team look like some clunky high school team from Nebraska. So sad.
                      this dude is angry
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Not sure if you are aware of baph's history in this forum. Very boring, weak smack. You apparently missed my "history" reference in my post. He hates the Broncos for our historical dominance in the AFC West and the lack of historical dominance from the Chargers which equates to historical jealousy by him. What makes your crystal ball better than mine regarding the future?
                        my "history" in this forum is mostly respected, even though I am very harsh on the broncos here in smack. see, most here are smart enough to understand that this is not serious. I'm not sure why you're so angry but try not to take smack so personally.

yes, you will try and deny that you're upset about the smack I run but ive been here for almost 15 years on a mostly regular basis, i know when someone is taking my smack personally. I don't care if you think my smack is "lame" you're not supposed to like my smack dude, I'm not a broncos fan. honestly.....get damn clue jazz!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

this dude is angry
                          Your gonna be the angry one this season!!!! You’ll be on a lot of business trips with your buddy Nose Ring!!!!!

And that’s if we just roll with Lock who already has outdueled Herbert head to head after Herbert was up 24-3!!!!!! If Denver lands A-Rod we may not see you for a couple years!
                          sigpic

Comment

you're talking to a broncos fan that actually believes that lock is the 4th best QB in the league.
                            sigpic

Comment

Your gonna be the angry one this season!!!! You’ll be on a lot of business trips with your buddy Nose Ring!!!!!

And that’s if we just roll with Lock who already has outdueled Herbert head to head after Herbert was up 24-3!!!!!! If Denver lands A-Rod we may not see you for a couple years!
                              lock is trash and ive seen you straight disappear every time things get bad. if Denver landed Rodgers you would never hear the end of it from me, trust me. the broncos simply are unable to develop their own QB's, their only hope is Rodgers or Watson.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lets settle this right now...you all are going to be angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X