Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow to sign with Jaguars as Tight End - Good or Bad?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim Tebow to sign with Jaguars as Tight End - Good or Bad?

    Per ESPN Get Up show this morning, Tim Tebow to sign with Jaguars as a tight end. Many are saying bad move, will be a distraction that takes attention away from rookie QB Trevor Lawrence.

    New head coach Urban Meyer states he'll do whatever it takes to make the Jaguars a better team.
    Utah Bronco Freak

  • #2
    Good plan to get fans in the stands. I think he could have some Taysom Hill like looks. Not sure what he can do after being out 9 years but will be interesting to watch.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      Per ESPN Get Up show this morning, Tim Tebow to sign with Jaguars as a tight end. Many are saying bad move, will be a distraction that takes away from rookie QB Trevor Lawrence.
      New head coach Urban Meyer states he'll do whatever it takes to make the Jaguars a better team.
      I believe its a clever distraction that takes away from Lawrence. All eyes will be on Tebow and whether he was worth the signing. I think this gives Lawrence a little buffer zone to get acclimated to the league. I will assume Tebow and his 6-8 snaps will get as much attention as anything good/bad Lawrence does.

      In a crazy world they both look the part early and become a team NFL fans are curious to see. What's more likely though is the Jags struggle again and Tebow and Meyer are the scapegoats- not Lawrence.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

        I believe its a clever distraction that takes away from Lawrence. All eyes will be on Tebow and whether he was worth the signing. I think this gives Lawrence a little buffer zone to get acclimated to the league. I will assume Tebow and his 6-8 snaps will get as much attention as anything good/bad Lawrence does.

        In a crazy world they both look the part early and become a team NFL fans are curious to see. What's more likely though is the Jags struggle again and Tebow and Meyer are the scapegoats- not Lawrence.
        if they expect Lawrence to come in and be great right away. then i feel people will be disapointed. General rookie QB don't do the greatest as.a rookie in the league.

        either way this makes sense. people have been trying to gt Tebow to play TE in the nfl for ever and he is finally doing. it is probably gonna be his best position in the nfl and he probably passed on alot of money to not do it.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          I doubt he makes it out of camp on the team.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

            if they expect Lawrence to come in and be great right away. then i feel people will be disapointed. General rookie QB don't do the greatest as.a rookie in the league.

            either way this makes sense. people have been trying to gt Tebow to play TE in the nfl for ever and he is finally doing. it is probably gonna be his best position in the nfl and he probably passed on alot of money to not do it.
            Unless your name is Justin Herbert and you play for the Chargers. Meh.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              Good plan to get fans in the stands. I think he could have some Taysom Hill like looks. Not sure what he can do after being out 9 years but will be interesting to watch.
              I agree. I really like Urban Meyer due to him being the HC for the University of Utah Utes football team in 2003 - 2004 and had great success.

              I will be following the Jags to see how things pan out. Like you say....it will be interesting to watch.
              Utah Bronco Freak

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post

                Unless your name is Justin Herbert and you play for the Chargers. Meh.
                Watson also had a good year as a rookie but it is more rare then common
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #9
                  He’s 33 and has never played the position, just a publicity stunt to draw in fans. His role won’t be much different than his punt protector role if he even makes the team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some of us felt like could or should have switched to FB or TE a long time ago. Too late now.

                    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My first thought......


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
                        Per ESPN Get Up show this morning, Tim Tebow to sign with Jaguars as a tight end. Many are saying bad move, will be a distraction that takes attention away from rookie QB Trevor Lawrence.

                        New head coach Urban Meyer states he'll do whatever it takes to make the Jaguars a better team.
                        I think this is exactly righ... urban is taking care of a former player, while simultaneously taking care of a future star. Urban playing Chess...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                          I think this is exactly right... urban is taking care of a former player, while simultaneously taking care of a future star. Urban playing Chess...
                          Could this be one more "feather in Urbans cap" or "welcome to the NFL" meaning it's very different from college football. His Midas Touch might be gone.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think it is a fiasco. Meyer trying to be the smartest guy in the room type of move. But will backfire as it has fired up opposition opinions already. It created unneeded negative attention for a player that likely doesn't make the team and if he does, offers very little.

                            Tebow missed the window. This was a move that needed to be done 5+ yrs ago. If at all!

                            That being said, it will be fun to watch to see if there is some magical role that Meyer has for him. And if Tebow is able to make it work.

                            Broncos get them early. Let's hope another TE does not have a career day again. lol


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              I think it is a fiasco. Meyer trying to be the smartest guy in the room type of move. But will backfire as it has fired up opposition opinions already. It created unneeded negative attention for a player that likely doesn't make the team and if he does, offers very little.

                              Tebow missed the window. This was a move that needed to be done 5+ yrs ago. If at all!

                              That being said, it will be fun to watch to see if there is some magical role that Meyer has for him. And if Tebow is able to make it work.

                              Broncos get them early. Let's hope another TE does not have a career day again. lol

                              They’re going nowhere this year. Let Tebow suck up the publicity rather than Lawrence sucking up the scrutiny. I’m not a fan of Urban Meyer and think he’ll fail miserably before cutting out early on his contract - but this decision doesn’t bother me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X