Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peyton Confirms Why He Chose Denver!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Peyton Confirms Why He Chose Denver!

    Peyton: “Denver just welcomed me with open arms…They were the only team that understood what I was going through physically, emotionally, & I think a lot of that was [due to] Elway … They were the only team that said, ‘Give us your Colts playbook’” and mesh their plays w/ IND’s.”

    sigpic

  • #2
    but bap said manning just fell into our laps ???
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      but bap said manning just fell into our laps ???
      I guess he was wrong………again lol!!!!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Fair enough, I will give you that minor victory.........

        then again, you KNOW FOR CERTAIN manning is simply sticking up for his friend who EVERYONE KNOWS is a failed GM. dude had to step aside and hire help because of what exactly? ya know i don't blame manning for sticking up for elway, it's what good friends do.

        but let me say.......does this mean manning didn't fall in always lap? either way you look at it, even if manning went to Denver 100% because of elway........that STILL means he fell in elway's lap. you simply don't get a chance to bring in a guy like that to literally save your team from mediocrity.

        the key point ive always made is manning made elway look better as a GM than he actually was. been saying that since the beginning. was I wrong about that one?? you all know full well I was dead-on accurate.

        Last edited by baphamet; 07-22-2021, 05:48 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          but bap said manning just fell into our laps ???
          but herbert did fall in telesco's lap?
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            Fair enough, I will give you that minor victory.........

            then again, you KNOW FOR CERTAIN manning is simply sticking up for his friend who EVERYONE KNOWS is a failed GM. dude had to step aside and hire help because of what exactly? ya know i don't blame manning for sticking up for elway, it's what good friends do.

            but let me say.......does this mean manning didn't fall in always lap? either way you look at it, even if manning went to Denver 100% because of elway........that STILL means he fell in elway's lap. you simply don't get a chance to bring in a guy like that to literally save your team from mediocrity.

            the key point ive always made is manning made elway look better as a GM than he actually was. been saying that since Day the beginning. was I wrong about that one?? you all know full well I was dead-on accurate.

            Manning chose Denver for many reasons, he stated that Elway was able to relate what he was going through as a former QB.
            That doesn’t make Elway a great GM, but it is the reason he went to Denver. Elway should get the credit he is due:
            - took a 4-12 team and turned it into a SB champion!
            - he also should get credit for his bad drafts, bad free agents signings, failure to replace Kubiak & find a QB.

            It is now George Paton’s team.
            Last edited by 58Miller; 07-22-2021, 05:47 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

              Manning chose Denver for many reasons, he stated that Elway was able to relate what he was going through.
              That doesn’t make Elway a great GM, but it is the reason he went to Denver. Elway should get the credit he is due:
              - took a 4-12 team and turned it into a SB champion!
              - he also should get credit for his bad drafts, bad free agents signings, failure to replace Kubiak & find a QB.

              It is now George Paton’s team.
              that's why I knew elway would come spiraling back to earth after manning retired. it really was an easy prediction to make. elway isn't getting manning back, he had to actually build his team and find a franchise QB, rather than having an all-time great fall in your lap because he likes and relates to you.

              that's the only point I was ever trying to make. yes elway did some good things as a GM and deserves credit for the two SB's and one ring. but unfortunately for him, without manning (or Rodgers) he could never replicate that again and I think even he knew that.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                that's why I knew elway would come spiraling back to earth after manning retired. it really was an easy prediction to make. elway isn't getting manning back, he had to actually build his team and find a franchise QB, rather than having an all-time great fall in your lap because he likes and relates to you.

                that's the only point I was ever trying to make. yes elway did some good things as a GM and deserves credit for the two SB's and one ring. but unfortunately for him, without manning (or Rodgers) he could never replicate that again and I think even he knew that.
                Elway sits #2 to Shannahan all time in running the Broncos, hopefully Paton passes them both!
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                X