Trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash

all I'm gonna say is that was an overall trash game. from a performance, coaching, and officiating standpoint.

onto the next one.

sigpic

100 % agree the Chargers are trash!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

We committed 12 penalties for 99 yards, had a red-zone interception from Herbert and an amazing Jared Cook touchdown nullified late in the fourth quarter because of a controversial illegal shift. No J. Jones, no CH Jr., no B. Bulaga at RT, Take out some of those penalties and it would have been a monster day even with those 2 INTS. Goes to show you even with all that went wrong we still kept it close and could have won, albeit an ugly win. Holding one of the top offenses to 20 points and losing by 3, I’m not worried at all. Funny though Jerry Jones looked worried the entire time until the final seconds. Can’t wait for week 3. Bring it on.
      Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 09-20-2021, 07:09 AM.
      Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
        We committed 12 penalties for 99 yards, had a red-zone interception from Herbert and an amazing Jared Cook touchdown nullified late in the fourth quarter because of a controversial illegal shift. No J. Jones, no CH Jr., no B. Bulaga at RT, Take out some of those penalties and it would have been a monster day even with those 2 INTS. Goes to show you even with all that went wrong we still kept it close and could have won, albeit an ugly win. Holding one of the top offenses to 20 points and losing by 3, I’m not worried at all. Funny though Jerry Jones looked worried the entire time until the final seconds. Can’t wait for week 3. Bring it on.
        You calling this some kind of moral victory?

I agree it is a tough loss, and holding them to 20 is impressive but the 17 pts is what would worry me they had two back up Defense ends playing and their defense hasn't been known as an elite group. Holding a high powered Charger O to 17 on the road is huge.

What else would concern me is word is the stadium was full of cowboy fans.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
          So same story new year?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            all I'm gonna say is that was an overall trash game. from a performance, coaching, and officiating standpoint.

onto the next one.
            The refs were trash. I can take my orange glasses off and be real about that.
            think i remember 3 TDs called back because of flags.
            Solely on The Chargers side too.

Swear it was every big play the chargers had, got called back. As a fan of the GAME, and not just Denver. I hate to see that. Refs should not affect outcomes of games like that. Not saying that's the entire reason they lost. In the grand scheme, they were still right there in the end, so despite all the bad calls ( imo ) they still had a chance at the end, and lost.
            Onto Week 3
            :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              You calling this some kind of moral victory?

I agree it is a tough loss, and holding them to 20 is impressive but the 17 pts is what would worry me they had two back up Defense ends playing and their defense hasn't been known as an elite group. Holding a high powered Charger O to 17 on the road is huge.

What else would concern me is word is the stadium was full of cowboy fans.
              yes because our backup RT was getting torched by micah parsons, not a backup. but yes, lots of penalties negating big plays and points on offense that the final score doesn't reflect. absolutely not worried about the offense or defense other than getting those penalties cleaned up.

it seemed everyone was doing dumb crap, the refs included. that second int in the EZ was 100% because KA fell down. there was a called sack on herbert that was phantom, the illegal shift that took away a TD seems was the right call but the same exact thing happened with the cowboys and didn't get called.

not saying the refs cost the chargers the game because there was a lot of legitimate penalties the chargers committed. but I'm definitely not going to be "concerned" with the offense, all things considered.

it was about 50/50 cowboys/chargers fans, which isn't surprising and actually, a pretty good turnout of chargers fans who everyone says has no fans.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post

The refs were trash. I can take my orange glasses off and be real about that.
                think i remember 3 TDs called back because of flags.
                Solely on The Chargers side too.

Swear it was every big play the chargers had, got called back. As a fan of the GAME, and not just Denver. I hate to see that. Refs should not affect outcomes of games like that. Not saying that's the entire reason they lost. In the grand scheme, they were still right there in the end, so despite all the bad calls ( imo ) they still had a chance at the end, and lost.
                Onto Week 3
                yeah, I would be a lot more pissed if the chargers didn't also shoot themselves in the foot with legitimate penalties, though.
                sigpic

Comment

yes because our backup RT was getting torched by micah parsons, not a backup. but yes, lots of penalties negating big plays and points on offense that the final score doesn't reflect. absolutely not worried about the offense or defense other than getting those penalties cleaned up.

it seemed everyone was doing dumb crap, the refs included. that second int in the EZ was 100% because KA fell down. there was a called sack on herbert that was phantom, the illegal shift that took away a TD seems was the right call but the same exact thing happened with the cowboys and didn't get called.

not saying the refs cost the chargers the game because there was a lot of legitimate penalties the chargers committed. but I'm definitely not going to be "concerned" with the offense, all things considered.

it was about 50/50 cowboys/chargers fans, which isn't surprising and actually, a pretty good turnout of chargers fans who everyone says has no fans.
                  How is a sack phantom? If it is the one in thinking of where they called his forward progress stopped really quick I would like to point out that the ball never made it back to the line of scrimmage which makes it an intentional grounding and the same result. (Granted I watched a bit of football Sunday and could easily have it mixed up with another play)

But as far as the game went for how well both teams moved the ball there wasn't a while lot of scoring. But some big time consuming drives by both teams. A lot of completed passes and runs really shortened that game. But neither defense looked that good and that could become an issue. And chargers gotta charger somehow.

Adopted Broncos:
                  (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                  (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                  (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                  Adopted posters:
                  Everyone

Comment

yeah, I would be a lot more pissed if the chargers didn't also shoot themselves in the foot with legitimate penalties, though.
                    So the penalties that resulted in 3 TD's being call back were 100% illegitimate penalties.....IYO?
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

How is a sack phantom? If it is the one in thinking of where they called his forward progress stopped really quick I would like to point out that the ball never made it back to the line of scrimmage which makes it an intentional grounding and the same result. (Granted I watched a bit of football Sunday and could easily have it mixed up with another play)

But as far as the game went for how well both teams moved the ball there wasn't a while lot of scoring. But some big time consuming drives by both teams. A lot of completed passes and runs really shortened that game. But neither defense looked that good and that could become an issue. And chargers gotta charger somehow.
                      there were two receivers in the area, it likely would not have been intentional grounding. there wasn't a lot of scoring because there were flags being thrown constantly. the chargers indeed have struggled in the RZ but that's two weeks in a row of phantom calls going against the chargers, it's annoying.
                      sigpic

Comment

there were two receivers in the area, it likely would not have been intentional grounding. there wasn't a lot of scoring because there were flags being thrown constantly. the chargers indeed have struggled in the RZ but that's two weeks in a row of phantom calls going against the chargers, it's annoying.
                        I've watched a lot of games over the last couple weeks. I think the zebras are throwing a LOT more flags in every game this year. It's slowing down the games and screwing things up. Brady even commented on the rule changes before the season even started and how the league is getting soft. Something on the topic about how flags are being thrown on defense's for offense mistakes. It's getting a bit ridiculous
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

I've watched a lot of games over the last couple weeks. I think the zebras are throwing a LOT more flags in every game this year. It's slowing down the games and screwing things up. Brady even commented on the rule changes before the season even started and how the league is getting soft. Something on the topic about how flags are being thrown on defense's for offense mistakes. It's getting a bit ridiculous
                          I read the beginning of your post and said the bolded to myself before reading that you wrote it. It is getting ridiculous, especially the QB hits that are clearly within the rules. I get protecting players that can't defend themselves during hits, but they need to rethink how they go about it. The kickoff idea, which made me mad at first because we had the most kickoff TDs the previous year, that was a smart move. But the ticky tack foul calls are annoying me, even at times against my own team. But I get over that seconds later.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            I read the beginning of your post and said the bolded to myself before reading that you wrote it. It is getting ridiculous, especially the QB hits that are clearly within the rules. I get protecting players that can't defend themselves during hits, but they need to rethink how they go about it. The kickoff idea, which made me mad at first because we had the most kickoff TDs the previous year, that was a smart move. But the ticky tack foul calls are annoying me, even at times against my own team. But I get over that seconds later.
                            I am so tired of the roughing the passer "versions" that pretty much make any hit on a QB a probable roughing call. Can't hit high, can't hit low, can't aim at one part and hit another because the QB moved. It's become a strike zone in baseball, and a very tight one at that. Somewhere between the waist and the shoulders.....oh and not too hard, and oh, don't fall on the guy either. And do this at high speed, with blockers all over you. And wait, if the QB runs and then tries to deke you, you still can not hit him as he appears to be to be a runner but maybe going down. I am not sure how I would handle it if a QB faked going down or out of bounds, and then resumed his effort to make me look bad. I would want him to remember my tackle for some time, as in, don't mess with us with all your ref buddies watching nearby.

We all get the value of QBs, but if this is too much for them, lets try playing with a flag in the back of his pocket, and see how many fans come out to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I am so tired of the roughing the passer "versions" that pretty much make any hit on a QB a probable roughing call. Can't hit high, can't hit low, can't aim at one part and hit another because the QB moved. It's become a strike zone in baseball, and a very tight one at that. Somewhere between the waist and the shoulders.....oh and not too hard, and oh, don't fall on the guy either. And do this at high speed, with blockers all over you. And wait, if the QB runs and then tries to deke you, you still can not hit him as he appears to be to be a runner but maybe going down. I am not sure how I would handle it if a QB faked going down or out of bounds, and then resumed his effort to make me look bad. I would want him to remember my tackle for some time, as in, don't mess with us with all your ref buddies watching nearby.

We all get the value of QBs, but if this is too much for them, lets try playing with a flag in the back of his pocket, and see how many fans come out to watch.
                              You also can’t get blocked into the QB or you get called for going low. Probably the best non call I’ve seen so far this season was Simmons not getting called for landing on Jones, but of course they followed that up by penalizing Jones for running in and trying to separate guys before a fight starts.

I think you’re allowed to arm sweep the QB from the ankles though lol

Comment

Working...
                              X