Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ravens run the ball, broncos cry about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ravens run the ball, broncos cry about it.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...2-9c6a5dd4d2aa

The Baltimore Ravens had wrapped up a 23-7 victory against the Denver Broncos on Sunday on an otherwise gorgeous Sunday afternoon at Empower Field at Mile High.

There were 3 seconds left and all the Ravens had to do is have quarterback Lamar Jackson take a knee to wind the clock to 0:00 and begin the midfield handshakes.

But wait. What's this? Suddenly, the Broncos' sideline was going berserk with anger. The Ravens were going to run the ball on their final play. It seems they had 42 consecutive games of at least 100 team yards rushing. The mighty Pittsburgh Steelers with a running back tandem of Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier had a streak of 43 games of at least 100 yards rushing from 1974-77.

And with 3 seconds left, the Ravens had only 97 yards. Harbaugh sent word to Jackson that he was to run the ball to pick up 3 yards and extend the streak
    sigpic

The outrage for this makes no sense to me, even as a Broncos fan. He ran 3 yards and sat down so they could tie a hated rival's record. It has nothing to do with the Broncos. AND, I promise if Denver was in that exact scenario against a Raider record, every one of those fans would be screeching for the same exact call. Myself included. Folks just wanna be mad.

Comment

Ultimately I don’t see the Broncos having an issue here - but using your QB in that scenario defies logic. Injuries happen in the NFL, but can you imagine if Lamar had blown out a knee. Harbough is a stooge.

Comment

My team should be angry they only put up 7 pts and not concern themselves with what the Ravens do in the final seconds ! If they dont like getting run on they should work on playing better the other 59 minutes and 50 seconds!
        sigpic

Comment

apparently, VF is still crying today......

“I thought it was b——-, but I expected that from them,” Fangio said. “In 37 years of pro ball, I’ve never seen anything like that. But it was to be expected, and we expected it.

“Because I know how they operate,” Fangio continued after a follow-up question. “That’s just their mode of operation there, player safety is secondary.
          player safety? dude took three timeouts when there were 28 seconds left in a game in which his team trailed by 16 points. if he was so concerned about player safety, he would have just taken a knee and ended the misery.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

player safety? dude took three timeouts when there were 28 seconds left in a game in which his team trailed by 16 points. if he was so concerned about player safety, he would have just taken a knee and ended the misery.
            Whatever baphat..16 is a 2 score game and they were in the RedZone, so your argument holds no water....

Very weak even for you
            sigpic

Comment

He should stop crying and figure out as coach what he needs to do to score more than 7 pts!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Whatever baphat..16 is a 2 score game and they were in the RedZone, so your argument holds no water....

Very weak even for you
                32 Yard Pass
                (:28) (Shotgun) D.Lock pass deep left to C.Sutton to BAL 14 for 32 yards (A.Averett).
                2nd & 1 at BAL 46

did you watch the game? since when is mid-field the RZ?

there were 28 seconds left, ball was at the 46 and you needed a TD with a 2p followed by another TD and 2p to tie the game. that's fine if you want to try but to cry about player safety, is just a bit contradictory. we all know the real reason VF is pissed.......he got embarrassed at home and that run was the icing on the cake.
                sigpic

Comment

Before the game, the Vic was quoted as saying how classy and first rate the Ravens organization is. I think Vic is focused on the wrong things.

Comment

Working...
                  X