Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charges - Browns Classic AFL style throwback type game. Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charges - Browns Classic AFL style throwback type game. Wow!

Regardless of who your team is this game today reminds me of the old classics back on the day long before the merger where teams literally murdered each other on the scoreboard. It’s worth discussing and smacking about too, the Boltz defense got their asses handed to them in every which way, burnt both in the air and on the ground.

All in all it was a Classic high powered showdown that kept everyone on the edge of their seats with 2 high powered offenses going back and forth. Hell I completely lost how many lead changes there were. The 4th quarter alone has got to be breaking some long standing combined scoring records I’m sure of it.

Funny stats just for the record while this was not the Bolts highest scoring game ever there are two that really stand out, most points ever scored by the Chargers against an opponent, #1 and #2:

1) Chargers 58, Denver 20, Dec 22, 1963

2) Chargers 55, Oakland 21, Nov 22, 1981

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/mos...ed-by-chargers
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

It reminded me of the 3rd greatest game I ever saw, the Epic in Miami. Winslow was a God among men that night. It will be played back for years.

And I remember that 1981 game vividly. I think the Chargers scored a late 55, pay back for what we did to them the year before en route to being the first Wild Card team to win a Super Bowl.

Comment

Does anyone have the Charges 4th down stats converted to 1st downs to date this year? I seriously don’t think any team has an answer for this extremely aggressive super confident offense incessantly going for it on 4th down almost no matter where they are on the field and converting

Comment

Got no stats but congratulations are due. I didn't get to see the game but it sounds like a great game. Super win by the chargers.

Comment

Good win by the Chargers! Congrats!
          your defense is trash !!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            Thanks and I know. BTW can you image Just how many points the Browns would have put up against the Broncos trash, could be an 80 spot

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

Thanks and I know. BTW can you image Just how many points the Browns would have put up against the Broncos trash, could be an 80 spot
              Will find out in two weeks!
              you say 80 I say less
              bet im right!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

This is all fresh so how about a score prediction for den v cle?
                38-19 browns (man it hurts to choose against my fav team)

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

This is all fresh so how about a score prediction for den v cle?
                  38-19 browns (man it hurts to choose against my fav team)
                  No ring already has predicted browns will score 80 vs the Broncos!
                  whats crazy is they only scored 14 vs the 1-3 Vikings.
                  sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have the Charges 4th down stats converted to 1st downs to date this year? I seriously don’t think any team has an answer for this extremely aggressive super confident offense incessantly going for it on 4th down almost no matter where they are on the field and converting
                    On 3rd & 4th down this season, Justin Herbert's QBR is 94.6. he has the highest pff ranking on those downs as well (90.4)

dude has actual ice in his veins and so does brandon staley. I honestly can't believe herbert is as good as he is, he's definitely in the MVP conversation right now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      look at what happened to your defense yesterday? against one of the worst offenses in football. you bragged about how good they were all off-season, talking about "defense wins championships". your defense is going to get lit up by the chargers and your offense.....well we all know how trash that is.

I predicted 8 wins for the Broncos this year but I may have given their defense too much credit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X