Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MVP Watch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MVP Watch

    since Justin Herbert has clearly catapulted himself into the early season MVP discussion, I figured this thread would be a good way to track it week to week. my current top 5 MVP candidates after week 5:

    1.
    kyler Murray

    2. Justin Herbert

    3. josh allen

    4. tom brady

    5. dak prescott

    you could put the top 3 in any order really but I put Murray on top due to them having the best record.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I'd put Lamar above Brady but below Dak but I like this list.

    Josh Allen is my favorite in the clubhouse so far. That dude just gets it. Herbert is right there, let's see what happens in the cold months
    sigpic

    Hooray, beer!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      I'd put Lamar above Brady but below Dak but I like this list.

      Josh Allen is my favorite in the clubhouse so far. That dude just gets it. Herbert is right there, let's see what happens in the cold months
      yeah, if it were a top 6 list lamar would definitely be 6 as of right now.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        1-Allen
        2-Herbert
        3-Prescott
        4-Murray
        5-Brady
        All playing lights out
        Stafford, Jackson on watch ​​​

        ​​​

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          since Justin Herbert has clearly catapulted himself into the early season MVP discussion, I figured this thread would be a good way to track it week to week. my current top 5 MVP candidates after week 5:

          1.
          kyler Murray

          2. Justin Herbert

          3. josh allen

          4. tom brady

          5. dak prescott

          you could put the top 3 in any order really but I put Murray on top due to them having the best record.
          1. Allen (Buff falls apart w/o him)
          2. Herbert (toughest schedule)
          3. Murray (AZ falls apart w/o him. can he sustain it?)
          4. Stafford (new team, tough schedule)
          5. Prescott (I need to stop being surprised by Dak)
          6. Brady (ugh)
          7. Henry (because Tenn would wilt w/o him, and I really wanted something besides qb)
          8. Garrett (he might have changed yesterday's score)

          Comment


          • #6
            1. Tom Brady
            1767 Yards, 15 TDs, 2 INTs, 108.5 rating
            A great offensive line is a quarterback's best friend. Has the best change to slow down as the season goes on because he's approaching uncharted old age territory. Get the Ben Gay ready.

            2. Matthew Stafford
            1587 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 113.2 rating
            Who saw this? We all should have seen this. A great talent like Stafford with Sean McVay = lethality.

            3. Kyler Murray
            1512 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, 113 rating
            I haven't seen any Cardinal games, just the highlights, but 5-0 is not a fluke. Kyler makes plays in so many ways. I won't call him Mini Mahomes, but he is Mini Awesome.

            4. Justin Herbert
            1576 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs 104.7 rating
            I don't think we would see his true abilities if his coach played like 31 other coaches play: scared. Other coaches hold on to the lead or chip at the lead. Brandon Staley tries to score more than the other team for 60 minutes, and he has the QB to make this work. This is the equivalent to them playing Madden... and winning.

            5. Dak Prescott
            1368 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs, 116.9 QB rating
            Smarter and better than he gets credit for.

            6. Josh Allen
            1370 yards, 12 TDs, 2 INTs, 102.5 rating
            Just keeps getting better and better.


            Comment


            • #7
              Not really a smack thread but that's fine. Herbert deserves to be on the short list. All these QBs are having fabulous seasons to date. Allen gets my vote, but just barely. He is playing at such a high level, and can burn you with his athleticism. But yeah, I like the guys mentioned so far.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                1. Tom Brady
                1767 Yards, 15 TDs, 2 INTs, 108.5 rating
                A great offensive line is a quarterback's best friend. Has the best change to slow down as the season goes on because he's approaching uncharted old age territory. Get the Ben Gay ready.

                2. Derek Carr
                1605 yards, 8 TDs, 4 INTs, 92.8 rating, 2nd in 20+ yd plays
                He’s 3-2 with a winning record and still in the AFCW division hunt. He’s literally carrying the entire team on his back with one of the worst O lines in the league. Expect to see more big time stats for Carr as he carry’s his team
                out of their slump starting in week 6 vs the Broncos who are a complete train wreck

                3. Matthew Stafford
                1587 yards, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 113.2 rating
                Who saw this? We all should have seen this. A great talent like Stafford with Sean McVay = lethality.

                4. Kyler Murray
                1512 yards, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, 113 rating
                I haven't seen any Cardinal games, just the highlights, but 5-0 is not a fluke. Kyler makes plays in so many ways. I won't call him Mini Mahomes, but he is Mini Awesome.

                5. Justin Herbert
                1576 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs 104.7 rating
                I don't think we would see his true abilities if his coach played like 31 other coaches play: scared. Other coaches hold on to the lead or chip at the lead. Brandon Staley tries to score more than the other team for 60 minutes, and he has the QB to make this work. This is the equivalent to them playing Madden... and winning.

                6. Dak Prescott
                1368 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs, 116.9 QB rating
                Smarter and better than he gets credit for.
                fixed it for you DS. This is per your other post. I know you were scared to post it here but why not just let it out, be transparent, say what you said about Carr here that you said in the other post. Just know this DS, this is the very last time I’m doing your dirty work for you.

                Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Maybe we were a day too early on the week 5 rankings?
                  I had Jackson on the watch list but after that performance last night he is def in the top 5.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                    Maybe we were a day too early on the week 5 rankings?
                    I had Jackson on the watch list but after that performance last night he is def in the top 5.
                    Yeah but David Carr has 1605 yds and 25 passing plays of 20+ yards which both 2nd in the league and are more than what Jackson has. Carr is also playing behind one of the worst O lines in the league and is carrying his team literally on his shoulders. Because of this he should be # 2 on this list. Some people call me “DS” because I’m so caught up with “Derek’s Stats” but I just can’t help myself
                    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

                      Yeah but David Carr has 1605 yds and 25 passing plays of 20+ yards which both 2nd in the league and are more than what Jackson has. Carr is also playing behind one of the worst O lines in the league and is carrying his team literally on his shoulders. Because of this he should be # 2 on this list. Some people call me “DS” because I’m so caught up with “Derek’s Stats” but I just can’t help myself
                      That's odd. I didn't have Carr on that list. Looks like you're putting words in my mouth.

                      By the way, you've been complaining and crying over several posts that I list Carr stats. But you asked...

                      Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                      Does anyone have the Charges 4th down stats converted to 1st downs to date this year? I seriously don’t think any team has an answer for this extremely aggressive super confident offense incessantly going for it on 4th down almost no matter where they are on the field and converting
                      You make this way too easy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                        That's odd. I didn't have Carr on that list. Looks like you're putting words in my mouth.

                        By the way, you've been complaining and crying over several posts that I list Carr stats. But you asked...



                        You make this way too easy.
                        Ha ha, I’m not complaining at all that you are obsessed over DS (Dereks Stats). It’s all you got to hang onto this year as of now, essentially his accomplishments in those first 3 games. I get it and I have no complaints whatsoever about your obsession over DS and the fact that he’s 2nd in the league on yards and plays of 20+ yards.

                        My question on the stats for the 4th down conversions is nothing more than it’s an interesting record if a record at all for 4th down conversions, especially after what happened vs the Browns. This is completely different vs your obsession over DS.
                        Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

                          Ha ha, I’m not complaining at all that you are obsessed over DS (Dereks Stats). It’s all you got to hang onto this year as of now, essentially his accomplishments in those first 3 games. I get it and I have no complaints whatsoever about your obsession over DS and the fact that he’s 2nd in the league on yards and plays of 20+ yards.

                          My question on the stats for the 4th down conversions is nothing more than it’s an interesting record if a record at all for 4th down conversions, especially after what happened vs the Browns. This is completely different vs your obsession over DS.
                          If you saw my prediction in the Raider Weak thread, which we know you did, I said Derek Carr has big play ability and little play ability. This season has told the tale thus far and it's a positive that he's more good than bad, even if the bad was more recent. You not liking positive Derek Carr stats isn't going to change the fact that yes he can even if he recently hasn't.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                            If you saw my prediction in the Raider Weak thread, which we know you did, I said Derek Carr has big play ability and little play ability. This season has told the tale thus far and it's a positive that he's more good than bad, even if the bad was more recent. You not liking positive Derek Carr stats isn't going to change the fact that yes he can even if he recently hasn't.
                            It’s a matter of semantics.
                            you say he “has”, I say he “had”.
                            it’s basically the difference of “was” and “is”, or in more simplified terms “past tense” and “present tense”

                            Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              After five games and with 12 games remaining we need a MVP watch list? Really?

                              I believe the only reason, obviously, is baph created this post/his list because the Dolts have a decent QB and he wants Bronco fans to see it day to day knowing we don't have a QB in the top five. His way of rubbing it in. I'll start considering the MVP in mid December. There's no reason to review a list week in and week out after five games unless you're baph. But we all know It gives him extra brain power to continue supporting the Sparklers.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X