KC Week!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Week!!!!

So happy to get a dominant win, and put an end to the back & forth with the two trolls and move onto Kansas City!
    KC has had our number! Hopefully we can get our tackles, Shelby, and Kareem all back for this game! We are gonna need everybody!

sigpic

I’d be surprised if Denver has similar success next week compared to today’s game. But, any given Sunday….

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post
      I’d be surprised if Denver has similar success next week compared to today’s game. But, any given Sunday….
      Thats why they play the game! Amirite?
      sigpic

Comment

So we have a future hall of famer vs... lets see... well, actually no one really knows and even fewer care. That's not a great look for a team in a QB league.

Donkos score 1 TD and 2 or 3 field goals and lose to the Chiefs.

It is comforting to know that the Chiefs finally have a premier QB now. I remember when they had mediocre QBs and would put up 8-8 seasons, kidding myself the 3 star QB was able to play at a 4 star level, hoping once in a while Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas could slow down Elway just enough for a regular season win.
        I still believed in the NFL in those days... "any given sunday", "just get in the playoffs", "it's not the QB's fault but x, y, and z's faults", etc etc etc. And then the Chiefs find a quality HoF quarterback and suddenly everything is easier, the playoffs wins begin piling up, and the "little engine that could" dreams are replaced by championship confetti and trophies. It's not about "being close" or the "ball hawking D" or even the "punishing run game", its all about the guy behind center.

I'm sorry for you donko fans. I know how it feels to be locked out of the race.
        Han Solo
        Practice Squad
        Last edited by Han Solo; 11-29-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Look at the bright side, you get to watch a real championship caliber QB play this weekend.

Question for donkos... how many super bowls do you think Patrick will play in?

Comment

I think the thread title has a small typo.....

KC WEAK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Han Solo View Post
              Look at the bright side, you get to watch a real championship caliber QB play this weekend.

Funny thing is, I read your post and thought of Tim Patrick. Then I realized you meant Mahomes.

Can't answer the question for either Tim Patrick or Patrick Mahomes.... but I will predict a score.

Broncos: 24

Chiefs: 16

Comment

Are you new to the forum? I don’t recall ever reading your name. Regardless, I like you attitude - PM is definitely a stud. On the flip side, winning the Super Bowl is tough and he’s thus far only measured up once. Not looking great this season, but anything can happen once the post season begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

Are you new to the forum? I don’t recall ever reading your name. Regardless, I like you attitude - PM is definitely a stud. On the flip side, winning the Super Bowl is tough and he’s thus far only measured up once. Not looking great this season, but anything can happen once the post season begins.
                  This account is an old mult, I lost access to my primary a long long time ago (Denver fans gave me the name wesuckrealbad, before that I was cheap seats)

So Mahomes has taken the Chiefs to three straight AFC championship games with a team that previously was "satisfied" just to get a one and done. The struggles this year are interesting, does it mean the golden boy has been figured out? Or is he going through growing pains that is only going to make him stronger in the long run? Do the Chiefs have a Tom Brady or a Russel Wilson?

Comment

This account is an old mult, I lost access to my primary a long long time ago (Denver fans gave me the name wesuckrealbad, before that I was cheap seats)

So Mahomes has taken the Chiefs to three straight AFC championship games with a team that previously was "satisfied" just to get a one and done. The struggles this year are interesting, does it mean the golden boy has been figured out? Or is he going through growing pains that is only going to make him stronger in the long run? Do the Chiefs have a Tom Brady or a Russel Wilson?
                    Wow... long time no see!

Welcome back!

KC has definitely been interesting this year. At the start of the year when struggling, the offense was performing, but the D couldn't.... now the D is improving and the offense is becoming more of a question mark.

I don't think the golden boy has been figured out... but unlike Brady, all the breaks are not going his way this year. Not getting away with some of the hero ball antics, and it's hurt them a bit more.

Still, this year's AFC is wide open, and it's kind of insane. I can't remember another season quite like it, so somehow, the entire division is still (at least technically) wide open for anyone to take control of.

Will Mahomes be the next Tom Brady? Well, Tom had multiple SB wins before he lost one... and so far there's only been one Brady. There's been lots more like Wilson. Mahomes has to do a lot more before he's really anywhere near that discussion.

That said, I also think Mahomes had more to do with KC's success than Brady did in his early wins. But even Brady shouldn't have been able to do what Brady has done and is still doing in this league. With a contract like Mahomes' on the books... expect a lot more years of being close but no cigar. That's my bet. I expect a trajectory more like Aaron Rodgers. He's been one of the best in the game pretty much his whole career since taking over.... got a win and everyone expected at least 2-3 wins.

lol. Talk about counting your chickens....

Edit: I know his record is the same as Wilson's, but Rodgers is closer to the end of his career so I thought it was a better comparison for that reason.
                    LordTrychon
                    Unleashed
                    Last edited by LordTrychon; 12-01-2021, 10:27 AM.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Question for you, since your a Chiefs fan.

How do you react when Mahomes makes bad plays? He's so talented, and yet I've seen some terrible interceptions he's thrown this year. One in particular when he was trying to avoid a sack. So, what do you as a fan think when you see plays like that?

I only ask, because Teddy made a bad play/non-play in not attempting a tackle after a turnover versus the eagles and the fans (myself included) were ready to bench him for his lack of effort. Does Mahomes past success give him a pass when he makes bad plays? Or do his bad plays cause Chiefs fans to see red as well? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I think the thread title has a small typo.....

KC WEAK!!!!
                        This is what you get when a troll starts a thread. Zero creativity, bland, dull, plain ol “Blah”

Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Denver rolling into KC healthy and getting the win 26-24!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

This is what you get when a troll starts a thread. Zero creativity, bland, dull, plain ol “Blah”

I think it's more the case of an old canuck with too much time on his hands...

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Wow... long time no see!

Welcome back!

KC has definitely been interesting this year. At the start of the year when struggling, the offense was performing, but the D couldn't.... now the D is improving and the offense is becoming more of a question mark.

I don't think the golden boy has been figured out... but unlike Brady, all the breaks are not going his way this year. Not getting away with some of the hero ball antics, and it's hurt them a bit more.

Still, this year's AFC is wide open, and it's kind of insane. I can't remember another season quite like it, so somehow, the entire division is still (at least technically) wide open for anyone to take control of.

Will Mahomes be the next Tom Brady? Well, Tom had multiple SB wins before he lost one... and so far there's only been one Brady. There's been lots more like Wilson. Mahomes has to do a lot more before he's really anywhere near that discussion.

That said, I also think Mahomes had more to do with KC's success than Brady did in his early wins. But even Brady shouldn't have been able to do what Brady has done and is still doing in this league. With a contract like Mahomes' on the books... expect a lot more years of being close but no cigar. That's my bet. I expect a trajectory more like Aaron Rodgers. He's been one of the best in the game pretty much his whole career since taking over.... got a win and everyone expected at least 2-3 wins.

lol. Talk about counting your chickens....

Edit: I know his record is the same as Wilson's, but Rodgers is closer to the end of his career so I thought it was a better comparison for that reason.
                              Thanks for the welcome! Good to catch up!!

Ok Brady was a bit much. Great review on everything.

We watched a single player elevate KC to three straight championship games, two Lamar Hunts and one Super Bowl, and yeah, we are pretty damn excited. We finally won the NFL lottery.
                              I appreciate your patience with all KC fans, we are new here.

Comment

Working...
                              X