X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86rocco
    replied
    Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

On your old forum name you wouldn’t happen to go by the name of Rod would you?

Let’s
    I don’t think so, it was knip4db.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by 86rocco View Post

Yes, I would have supported Ryan Leaf if Denver had drafted him until he proved not worthy of it. Just like most fans would with a first round pick. The expectations would be high and were for the Chargers then. He proved himself a bust fairly quickly and the chargers moved on from him. Every team would have; some a few games quicker, some a few games slower. It’s pretty meh for me at that point. But none of us have any say how long a chance any QB is given.

If Denver chose to start you at QB I’d support it as you would be the starter of the team I root for. That doesn’t mean I like it; those are vastly different statements. Denver has struggled to find a QB but I’ve supported each one of them. Most have panned out as average at best and some worse than that. Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to do well, that would be silly to me. I can’t speak for 58 as I don’t know him other than seeing posts on here and I probably missed more than I’ve seen.

I actually don’t think we are disagreeing here, maybe on semantics. Have I been real high on any QB since Manning, not that I recall, have I supported and hoped for the best, sure thing. Hope that clears it up.

I do think I would have preferred them to start Lock this year and absolutely know what they have in him. Many people already believe what Lock is and his ceiling, etc. Because I would have preferred that doesn’t mean I don’t support Teddy and hope he does well.

One upon a time I was a regular on the forums, even under a different name for this one. Wish I could have that name back but I lost the password and have no idea what email was used to sign up with it now for recovery.

I hope I replied to each of your thoughts but now it is off to work and then lurk here when I have the time. I probably won’t engage in very much smack it isn’t me to do so. But I did find the topic of this thread which QB was the best interesting so I chimed in. I still think its Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Bridgewater and that Herbert has the possibility to overtake Mahomes at some point. Carr & Bridge well I can’t see them doing that.
    You may not like it, but NoRing would make a smooth transition from business trips to business decisions.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied

Yes, I would have supported Ryan Leaf if Denver had drafted him until he proved not worthy of it. Just like most fans would with a first round pick. The expectations would be high and were for the Chargers then. He proved himself a bust fairly quickly and the chargers moved on from him. Every team would have; some a few games quicker, some a few games slower. It’s pretty meh for me at that point. But none of us have any say how long a chance any QB is given.

If Denver chose to start you at QB I’d support it as you would be the starter of the team I root for. That doesn’t mean I like it; those are vastly different statements. Denver has struggled to find a QB but I’ve supported each one of them. Most have panned out as average at best and some worse than that. Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to do well, that would be silly to me. I can’t speak for 58 as I don’t know him other than seeing posts on here and I probably missed more than I’ve seen.

I actually don’t think we are disagreeing here, maybe on semantics. Have I been real high on any QB since Manning, not that I recall, have I supported and hoped for the best, sure thing. Hope that clears it up.

I do think I would have preferred them to start Lock this year and absolutely know what they have in him. Many people already believe what Lock is and his ceiling, etc. Because I would have preferred that doesn’t mean I don’t support Teddy and hope he does well.

One upon a time I was a regular on the forums, even under a different name for this one. Wish I could have that name back but I lost the password and have no idea what email was used to sign up with it now for recovery.

I hope I replied to each of your thoughts but now it is off to work and then lurk here when I have the time. I probably won’t engage in very much smack it isn’t me to do so. But I did find the topic of this thread which QB was the best interesting so I chimed in. I still think its Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Bridgewater and that Herbert has the possibility to overtake Mahomes at some point. Carr & Bridge well I can’t see them doing that.

On your old forum name you wouldn’t happen to go by the name of Rod would you?

Let’s

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

EVERYONE was geeked about the leaf pick, some even wanted him over manning. it's hilarious that almost everyone didn't like the herbert pick or it was not their first choice.

never seen a player meltdown quite like cryin leaf. that busted pick was good mojo because we haven't missed on a starter since.

Leave a comment:

• 86rocco
    replied

So if Ryan Leaf was the chosen QB by the Broncos you would support him too? There are a lot of Denver fans that don’t agree with the QB decisions the front office is making and has made on their QB selections since Manning hard boiled his huevos and gold plated his jock strap. We are talking 6 straight seasons of utter futility at the position. This year is no different. It’s OK to want your team to win and to cheer them on but you don’t have to agree with or support them keeping Teddy out there when he really ain’t doing squat for the team and it’s all in mainly on the defense to carry the team and mixed with a very dominant running game. In my opinion they should have stuck with their starter Lock and see what happens, not sure who’s decision it was to swap for their back up this year but clearly that is not working out. 58Miller said they same thing you are staying, hell he would even support Ryan Leaf if he as your QB. This is pure blind homerism. Not supporting the QB decisions your team is making that has cost the Broncos dearly the past 5 seasons now going on 6 is perfectly acceptable. People are already calling for Lock to be the new starter. Hell why not?

Glad you popped your head in here. Smack is easy, especially by apposing fans who, as you can tell, the bolt fans own the regulars around here as well as the trolls. Welcome to the jungle.

Let’s

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

I think mahomes and kc are victims of their own media. They started believing they were inherently better than everyone and could simply show up and win. All those fancy off platform, off angle, highlight reel, mahomes-is-god platitudes caught up. Lack of fundamentals catches up. Now we'll see if mahomes can overcome his own ego and play consistently winning football. At this point, I call it 50/50. Selfishly, I hope he can't and burns out.
    Maybe he’s more interested in his commercial stats

Let’s

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied

relatively speaking Mahomes is having his worst career season. The question is, is Mahomes getting better or is he getting worse?
    I think mahomes and kc are victims of their own media. They started believing they were inherently better than everyone and could simply show up and win. All those fancy off platform, off angle, highlight reel, mahomes-is-god platitudes caught up. Lack of fundamentals catches up. Now we'll see if mahomes can overcome his own ego and play consistently winning football. At this point, I call it 50/50. Selfishly, I hope he can't and burns out.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    AFC W QB

1. Mahomes
    2. Herbert
    3. Carr
    4. Bridgewater

Simple enough, I can see Herbert improving into the number 1 spot if KC keeps trending the way they are but as of right now this is how I see them. The potential for Hebert is there but Mahomes has the proof in his pocket already. That keeps him #1 until the trend is long enough. Probably midway through next season is what it would take for me to switch them around.

I don’t see any way for the 3 and 4 spots to change and even if they swap back and forth it wont really matter. Denver needs to find their guy. I know Lock has proven nothing and I support whoever the QB for the Broncos is but I wouldn’t mind him starting the remainder of the season and prove it once and for all if he can put it together to have what it takes mentally to start consistently in the NFL. So we know definitively if it is time for Denver to start drafting QB’s early.

Not that it matters how I see them. I don’t post often enough in any part of the forums to be a regular. But I do enjoy reading how the smack goes from week to week and year to year.
    So if Ryan Leaf was the chosen QB by the Broncos you would support him too? There are a lot of Denver fans that don’t agree with the QB decisions the front office is making and has made on their QB selections since Manning hard boiled his huevos and gold plated his jock strap. We are talking 6 straight seasons of utter futility at the position. This year is no different. It’s OK to want your team to win and to cheer them on but you don’t have to agree with or support them keeping Teddy out there when he really ain’t doing squat for the team and it’s all in mainly on the defense to carry the team and mixed with a very dominant running game. In my opinion they should have stuck with their starter Lock and see what happens, not sure who’s decision it was to swap for their back up this year but clearly that is not working out. 58Miller said they same thing you are staying, hell he would even support Ryan Leaf if he as your QB. This is pure blind homerism. Not supporting the QB decisions your team is making that has cost the Broncos dearly the past 5 seasons now going on 6 is perfectly acceptable. People are already calling for Lock to be the new starter. Hell why not?

Glad you popped your head in here. Smack is easy, especially by apposing fans who, as you can tell, the bolt fans own the regulars around here as well as the trolls. Welcome to the jungle.

Let’s
    Last edited by NoRingNoGlory; 12-08-2021, 12:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoRingNoGlory
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

I’m sure he’ll take a hit on stats if it means more rings.
    mahomes has never played just to elevate his stats. Your statement makes no sense, as if he’s saying to himself “If I have bad stats this year I’ll take the hit so long as it means I can get more rings because my bad stats don’t matter”. This would be goofy. His stats are not that great this year compared to how he normally played in previous seasons which is the main reason why they are sitting at 8-4 barely clinging to their 1 game division lead. In the end it could prove to be costly for Mahomes and the Chiefs if the LAC pull ahead and take the division. That loss in KC to the Chargers could prove to be fatal and another one in LA could be the end of the road for KC. fatal. Right now I see the LAC possibly going 5-0 the rest of the way, especially if the get on a hot streak nobody in this division can stop them if that happens.

Let’s

Leave a comment:

• 86rocco
    replied
    AFC W QB

1. Mahomes
    2. Herbert
    3. Carr
    4. Bridgewater

Simple enough, I can see Herbert improving into the number 1 spot if KC keeps trending the way they are but as of right now this is how I see them. The potential for Hebert is there but Mahomes has the proof in his pocket already. That keeps him #1 until the trend is long enough. Probably midway through next season is what it would take for me to switch them around.

I don’t see any way for the 3 and 4 spots to change and even if they swap back and forth it wont really matter. Denver needs to find their guy. I know Lock has proven nothing and I support whoever the QB for the Broncos is but I wouldn’t mind him starting the remainder of the season and prove it once and for all if he can put it together to have what it takes mentally to start consistently in the NFL. So we know definitively if it is time for Denver to start drafting QB’s early.

Not that it matters how I see them. I don’t post often enough in any part of the forums to be a regular. But I do enjoy reading how the smack goes from week to week and year to year.

Leave a comment:

• Mainrnxile
    replied
    Originally posted by Han Solo View Post

Maybe. Would that explain drops?
    Receivers are getting open so there is more to it of course. Probably a mix of everything.
    I would think so. Reflexes slow.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Tier 1
    Mahomes
    Herbert

Tier 2
    Nobody

Tier 3
    Elway

Tier 4
    Carr
    Bridgewater
    Mariota

Tier 5
    Henne
    Lock
    Daniel

Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Han Solo
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

I’ve only seen a few KC games, but it looks like age has started to have an affect on Kelce.
    Maybe. Would that explain drops?
    Receivers are getting open so there is more to it of course. Probably a mix of everything.

Leave a comment:

• Mainrnxile
    replied

relatively speaking Mahomes is having his worst career season. The question is, is Mahomes getting better or is he getting worse?
    I’m sure he’ll take a hit on stats if it means more rings.

Leave a comment:

• Mainrnxile
    replied
    Originally posted by Han Solo View Post

Yeah, no one seems to know. Some popular opinions...
    1) Trying to develop Mahomes to a pocket passing short yardage QB since cover 2 is stopping deep threat.
    1a) Chiefs don't have a run game to punish pass coverages.
    2) Kelce and Hill have a combined 10 dropped passes, Pringle added two more to his total last night. That alone is not devestating, but there is a sense of the O having the yips.
    3) lots of changes on the o-line. 1st and 20 is tough against a D like Denver.
    I’ve only seen a few KC games, but it looks like age has started to have an affect on Kelce.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X