Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best QB in the AFCW

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by 86rocco View Post

    Yes, I would have supported Ryan Leaf if Denver had drafted him until he proved not worthy of it. Just like most fans would with a first round pick. The expectations would be high and were for the Chargers then. He proved himself a bust fairly quickly and the chargers moved on from him. Every team would have; some a few games quicker, some a few games slower. It’s pretty meh for me at that point. But none of us have any say how long a chance any QB is given.

    If Denver chose to start you at QB I’d support it as you would be the starter of the team I root for. That doesn’t mean I like it; those are vastly different statements. Denver has struggled to find a QB but I’ve supported each one of them. Most have panned out as average at best and some worse than that. Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to do well, that would be silly to me. I can’t speak for 58 as I don’t know him other than seeing posts on here and I probably missed more than I’ve seen.

    I actually don’t think we are disagreeing here, maybe on semantics. Have I been real high on any QB since Manning, not that I recall, have I supported and hoped for the best, sure thing. Hope that clears it up.

    I do think I would have preferred them to start Lock this year and absolutely know what they have in him. Many people already believe what Lock is and his ceiling, etc. Because I would have preferred that doesn’t mean I don’t support Teddy and hope he does well.

    One upon a time I was a regular on the forums, even under a different name for this one. Wish I could have that name back but I lost the password and have no idea what email was used to sign up with it now for recovery.

    I hope I replied to each of your thoughts but now it is off to work and then lurk here when I have the time. I probably won’t engage in very much smack it isn’t me to do so. But I did find the topic of this thread which QB was the best interesting so I chimed in. I still think its Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Bridgewater and that Herbert has the possibility to overtake Mahomes at some point. Carr & Bridge well I can’t see them doing that.

    On your old forum name you wouldn’t happen to go by the name of Rod would you?

    Let’s
    Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by 86rocco View Post

      Yes, I would have supported Ryan Leaf if Denver had drafted him until he proved not worthy of it. Just like most fans would with a first round pick. The expectations would be high and were for the Chargers then. He proved himself a bust fairly quickly and the chargers moved on from him. Every team would have; some a few games quicker, some a few games slower. It’s pretty meh for me at that point. But none of us have any say how long a chance any QB is given.

      If Denver chose to start you at QB I’d support it as you would be the starter of the team I root for. That doesn’t mean I like it; those are vastly different statements. Denver has struggled to find a QB but I’ve supported each one of them. Most have panned out as average at best and some worse than that. Doesn’t mean I don’t want them to do well, that would be silly to me. I can’t speak for 58 as I don’t know him other than seeing posts on here and I probably missed more than I’ve seen.

      I actually don’t think we are disagreeing here, maybe on semantics. Have I been real high on any QB since Manning, not that I recall, have I supported and hoped for the best, sure thing. Hope that clears it up.

      I do think I would have preferred them to start Lock this year and absolutely know what they have in him. Many people already believe what Lock is and his ceiling, etc. Because I would have preferred that doesn’t mean I don’t support Teddy and hope he does well.

      One upon a time I was a regular on the forums, even under a different name for this one. Wish I could have that name back but I lost the password and have no idea what email was used to sign up with it now for recovery.

      I hope I replied to each of your thoughts but now it is off to work and then lurk here when I have the time. I probably won’t engage in very much smack it isn’t me to do so. But I did find the topic of this thread which QB was the best interesting so I chimed in. I still think its Mahomes, Herbert, Carr, Bridgewater and that Herbert has the possibility to overtake Mahomes at some point. Carr & Bridge well I can’t see them doing that.
      You may not like it, but NoRing would make a smooth transition from business trips to business decisions.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post


        On your old forum name you wouldn’t happen to go by the name of Rod would you?

        Let’s
        I don’t think so, it was knip4db.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

          You may not like it, but NoRing would make a smooth transition from business trips to business decisions.
          How has Elways QB business decisions been post Peytons jock itch?

          Let’s
          Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by 86rocco View Post

            I don’t think so, it was knip4db.
            Oh for I minute I thought you were Rod

            Let’s
            Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

            Comment


            • #66
              Click image for larger version  Name:	FGccV7SXsAI_UE2?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.9 KB ID:	8390208

              the kid just keeps breaking records. overall I still think mahomes is considered the best QB in the division because of experience and his ring. this year, though, herbert is the best in the west but it is close and we are going to find out for sure on Thursday.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                Click image for larger version Name:	FGccV7SXsAI_UE2?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	284.9 KB ID:	8390208

                the kid just keeps breaking records. overall I still think mahomes is considered the best QB in the division because of experience and his ring. this year, though, herbert is the best in the west but it is close and we are going to find out for sure on Thursday.
                QBs on bad teams will never be considered great. I figured you’d understand that after PR. The Chargers have no great wins this season. Cindy, Pitt & Dallas are all the epitome of up & down teams - LAC clearly met them when they were down. They lost at “home” against the Vikings, who are probably the worst road team in the NFL. Please stop making me read this nonsense.

                Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                  QBs on bad teams will never be considered great. I figured you’d understand that after PR. The Chargers have no great wins this season. Cindy, Pitt & Dallas are all the epitome of up & down teams - LAC clearly met them when they were down. They lost at “home” against the Vikings, who are probably the worst road team in the NFL. Please stop making me read this nonsense.

                  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
                  Chargers lost to Dallas
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Chargers lost to Dallas
                    Valid point. I stand corrected.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post

                      How has Elways QB business decisions been post Peytons jock itch?

                      Let’s
                      Elway's decisions at QB have failed. He will no longer be under contract in April 2022 and his era in management will end. Overall he resurrected a 4-12 team to a division winner, AFC Champion and SB champions. He failed to regain his success with Manning. During the Elway era the league saw Denver field one of the greatest offense's and defense's of all time ( both built by Elway). So while you and others like to only point out Elway's failures, I still remember him putting us back on top.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                        QBs on bad teams will never be considered great. I figured you’d understand that after PR. The Chargers have no great wins this season. Cindy, Pitt & Dallas are all the epitome of up & down teams - LAC clearly met them when they were down. They lost at “home” against the Vikings, who are probably the worst road team in the NFL. Please stop making me read this nonsense.

                        Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	hh-triggered-gif-10.gif
Views:	64
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	8390320
                        Cry me a rivers

                        how about I start posting links to a bunch of articles calling PR great? PR had a HOF career but do keep crying about it.

                        as far as your takes on herbert......... how many dumb and baseless arguments are you going to make about Justin herbert?

                        all I see is excuse-making and wishful thinking, of course.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	hh-triggered-gif-10.gif
Views:	64
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	8390320
                          Cry me a rivers

                          how about I start posting links to a bunch of articles calling PR great? PR had a HOF career but do keep crying about it.

                          as far as your takes on herbert......... how many dumb and baseless arguments are you going to make about Justin herbert?

                          all I see is excuse-making and wishful thinking, of course.
                          I actually think JH has the makings to be an exceptional NFL QB. But he’s young and still working things out. Pump the brakes a bit and for the first time in your existence on this site, let the situation develop.

                          you’re worse than Pats fans crowning Mac Jones as the next great NEP QB.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                            I actually think JH has the makings to be an exceptional NFL QB. But he’s young and still working things out. Pump the brakes a bit and for the first time in your existence on this site, let the situation develop.

                            you’re worse than Pats fans crowning Mac Jones as the next great NEP QB.
                            bro you are confusing. you say things like "herbert isn't taking anyone anywhere in the playoffs" compare him to rivers, but then say things like in this quote. It's very contradictory. you also clearly don't read most of the posts I make if you think I'm crowning herbert. I do think he's one of the best young QB's in the league, most people do. but he has work to do and the team he is on has a lot of holes.

                            literally, all ive said about herbert is he's in the MVP conversation (he actually is) and posted a graphic of him breaking another NFL record. but you have written off Herbert, that's worse than anything a pats fan could possibly say pumping up jones or me simply mentioning an NFL record.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by baphamet View Post

                              bro you are confusing. you say things like "herbert isn't taking anyone anywhere in the playoffs" compare him to rivers, but then say things like in this quote. It's very contradictory. you also clearly don't read most of the posts I make if you think I'm crowning herbert. I do think he's one of the best young QB's in the league, most people do. but he has work to do and the team he is on has a lot of holes.

                              literally, all ive said about herbert is he's in the MVP conversation (he actually is) and posted a graphic of him breaking another NFL record. but you have written off Herbert, that's worse than anything a pats fan could possibly say pumping up jones or me simply mentioning an NFL record.
                              Non of my comments have been mutually exclusive Baph. A QB can both have exceptional potential and not be capable at this moment of leading a team to post season success. Is it really that hard to understand?

                              I’ll work harder to simplify my comments in the future.

                              on a plus note, LAC is well positioned to make the playoff. If they have success, you are welcome to point out my previous comments - and I’ll gladly acknowledge I was wrong.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Mainrnxile View Post

                                Non of my comments have been mutually exclusive Baph. A QB can both have exceptional potential and not be capable at this moment of leading a team to post season success. Is it really that hard to understand?

                                I’ll work harder to simplify my comments in the future.

                                on a plus note, LAC is well positioned to make the playoff. If they have success, you are welcome to point out my previous comments - and I’ll gladly acknowledge I was wrong.


                                so now it's "at this moment"? you said he isn't taking anyone anywhere in the playoffs AND you called him PR 2.0.

                                so let me get this straight, it's okay to come to the conclusion after less than two full seasons in the NFL that he isn't taking anyone anywhere in the playoffs and that he is simply PR 2.0. but it's too soon to make any positive determinations about him because he's "young and still working things out"?

                                no amount of "simplification" is going to allow you to weasel your way out of this one I'm afraid. if you don't think he's capable of leading a team anywhere in the playoffs and that he's just PR 2.0, be a man (or woman)and stick to that opinion. this flip-flopping that you constantly do is bizarre and contradictory.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X