The Official Condolences Thread To The KC Chiefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post

give me an example of that. when did he "falter when it mattered most"? the kid has ice in his veins and no other elite QB had a defense and special teams as bad as herberts last year. if herbert was not the chargers QB they would be picking top 3 in the draft.

I simply disagree that a player needs to wait multiple seasons in order to be considered elite. That's like saying derwin james wasn't an elite player his rookie season even though he was all pro.

I'm not going to take this to the same place you and 58 do. It's my opinion that he's not yet elite. I believe he will be, eventually. He's got more growing to do.
    sigpic

Comment

how cute, that's the only moves you think mattered? the fact that you think Jackson is replacing harris just proves my point of how clueless you are. do you honestly believe Jackson is going to be a slot corner? this entire thread is going to be epic 6 months from now.
      Yeah I got a feeling you'll be on one of your long business trips, and then a lot of crying about injuries, drops, and bad calls by the refs. No accountability for your QB or your head coach. Good luck chump!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
        Yeah I got a feeling you'll be on one of your long business trips, and then a lot of crying about injuries, drops, and bad calls by the refs. No accountability for your QB or your head coach. Good luck chump!!!
        that's hilarious you talking about "no accountability for your QB or coach"

that's actually you every single year bro. remember when you said lock was the only way the broncos would get back to the SB? remember all the excuses you made for him and every other garbage broncos QB the last 7 years?

i'd put my head coach against yours any day of the week. funny how you know the main reason you guys brought him in was to lure in Rodgers only to get denied and go with Wilson instead.

that hire screams adam gase 2.0
        Last edited by baphamet; 03-24-2022, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

I'm not going to take this to the same place you and 58 do. It's my opinion that he's not yet elite. I believe he will be, eventually. He's got more growing to do.
          It's cool man I just wish people would be more specific with their opinions. especially when talking about a player's shortcomings. the kid isn't perfect, he's still learning, but other than some isolated mistakes every QB makes and his issues with getting his balls batted down too much, I don't see a glaring hole in his game honestly.

If you want to give it more time to call him one of the best in the league, so be it. I think he is playing at an elite level right now. we can leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I'll be honest, I don't like the guy, but he's a slam-dunk HOFer. Top 10 in yards and TDs.... Problem is, I think most people feel the same as you because he never won a Super Bowl, which is nonsense. SB wins are team achievements and should have nothing to do with your contribution to the game as a player.

I also fully expect Herbert to be a top 5 QB after the next year, but I'm not ready to put him there quite yet.
            fair enough.

Comment

that's actually you every single year bro. remember when you said lock was the only way the broncos would get back to the SB? remember all the excuses you made for him and every other garbage broncos QB the last 7 years?

i'd put my head coach against yours any day of the week. funny how you know the main reason you guys brought him in was to lure in Rodgers only to get denied and go with Wilson instead.

He was brought in becaue he is a good offensive coach. Just like Staley was hired because he was a good defensive coach. If pur offense is where your defense I will hold Hackett responsible 💯
              sigpic

Comment

Highlighted is speculation. There is no proof to this except media speculation. Hackett was thought to be a high coordinator option this year on coaching hires with that younger thought process and Denver needed some offensive minded coaching. It was reported that Denver had been working the deal with Seattle for weeks leading up to the trade, (also speculation). Yes, the stars seemed to line up that Rodgers and Hackett was the plan, but none of us on the outside know the truth. Rodgers signed his contract with GB and 2 hours later, Denver traded for Wilson. That trade didn't happen in 2 hours. If Rodgers already reached out to tell Denver to go another route weeks before, that's against league rules as he can't discuss anything with other teams prior to the official start of the league year. We can flip it any way we see fit in here, but none of us know any of the reasoning or truth behind those moves.
                sigpic

Comment

Highlighted is speculation. There is no proof to this except media speculation. Hackett was thought to be a high coordinator option this year on coaching hires with that younger thought process and Denver needed some offensive minded coaching. It was reported that Denver had been working the deal with Seattle for weeks leading up to the trade, (also speculation). Yes, the stars seemed to line up that Rodgers and Hackett was the plan, but none of us on the outside know the truth. Rodgers signed his contract with GB and 2 hours later, Denver traded for Wilson. That trade didn't happen in 2 hours. If Rodgers already reached out to tell Denver to go another route weeks before, that's against league rules as he can't discuss anything with other teams prior to the official start of the league year. We can flip it any way we see fit in here, but none of us know any of the reasoning or truth behind those moves.
                  We got Russ, if Baphs wants to think we only got Hackett for Rodgers let him be. He also thinks signing Peyton Manning was easy despite the Titans, Cardinals, 9ers, Dolphins and Seahawks all not getting it done.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

We got Russ, if Baphs wants to think we only got Hackett for Rodgers let him be. He also thinks signing Peyton Manning was easy despite the Titans, Cardinals, 9ers, Dolphins and Seahawks all not getting it done.
                    so you want to have a discussion about who's been more correct about QB's over the years?

at least I'm not saying all sorts of outlandish crap about your coach with no logic to back it up. how much of Hackett's success was because of Rodgers making him look good? same deal with adam gase when he was with manning?

he does have solid talent on the offensive side of the ball so I'm sure the offense will be good but how good of a leader is he? how good of an in-game manager is he? say what you want about Staley's aggressiveness but he checks all the boxes as a leader, a brilliant football mind, and has the respect of everyone in (and out) of that building.

Hackett? ive read up on him and IDK if he has the same intangibles to be a good head coach. ill definitely wait to see to give my formal opinion but yeah, it kinda feels like a potential adam gase 2.0 hire.

Comment

speculation yes, but it makes a whole lot of sense. you guys still got a really good QB in the end so we will see.

Comment

so you want to have a discussion about who's been more correct about QB's over the years?

at least I'm not saying all sorts of outlandish crap about your coach with no logic to back it up. how much of Hackett's success was because of Rodgers making him look good? same deal with adam gase when he was with manning?

he does have solid talent on the offensive side of the ball so I'm sure the offense will be good but how good of a leader is he? how good of an in-game manager is he? say what you want about Staley's aggressiveness but he checks all the boxes as a leader, a brilliant football mind, and has the respect of everyone in (and out) of that building.

Hackett? ive read up on him and IDK if he has the same intangibles to be a good head coach. ill definitely wait to see to give my formal opinion but yeah, it kinda feels like a potential adam gase 2.0 hire.
                        Enlighten me on why your coach is so good. I saw him outcoached by Vic Fangio ( who is garbage) and then got out coached by the Raiders we interim coach for a playoff berth.
                        I also noticed the rams didnt miss a beat on defense after losing him.

So love to hear why he is so great. Is he elite yet or is that next season?
                        Last edited by 58Miller; 03-25-2022, 03:39 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                          Mahomes is the next Russell Wilson....1 SB win, 1 SB loss, and fades into mediocracy.
                          And now Russell is donk. As he fades into mediocrity

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

And now Russell is donk. As he fades into mediocrity
                            Did you read any of the posts in that thread? Context is important.

The point being made was when a QB gets a huge contract it takes away from the rest of the team....

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

This happens all the time. Teams pay out the big QB contract and the rest of the team declines....Everyone knows why.

You have to draft a QB that can perform in a five-year window before the payout happens.

Seattle - Wilson
                            Baltimore - Flacco
                            Packers - Rodgers
                            Steelers - Roethlisberger
                            Eagles - Wentz
                            Falcons - Ryan
                            Vikings - Cousins

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Did you read any of the posts in that thread? Context is important.

The point being made was when a QB gets a huge contract it takes away from the rest of the team....

You're right,.context is important. And what do you think is going to happen with denver when you have to pay Russell 50+ million next year?

And look at Mahomes contract. It's pretty team friendly, and it will be a bargain the next couple of years. Competitive teams stay competitive by drafting well, like Baltimore, Pittsburg and in the last few years, KC.
                              Last edited by Tges58; 06-13-2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

And what do you think is going to happen with denver when you have to pay Russell 50+ million next year?

And look at Mahomes contract. It's pretty team friendly, and it will be a bargain the next couple of years. Competitive teams stay competitive by drafting well, like Baltimore, Pittsburg and in the last few years, KC.
                                The rest of the team will suffer....Fortunately, outside of Russell, the Broncos roster is one of the youngest in the NFL and this might delay the decline for a few years.
                                At least until they come up for new contracts.

This is a fact that has been proven over time. The Patriots got lucky because Brady was willing to take pay cuts to get key players signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X