X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Statistically under Staley the Chargers defense is worse.
    Or do you stats only matter when you are making excuses for Herbert?
    you are comparing one player to an entire defense

you're the one that said herbert can't get his team to the playoffs and used that as your reasoning as to why he isn't elite. yet, when I talk about how bad the defense and ST's were you acted like that was just an excuse. but here you are talking about how bad staley's defense was?

yes the defense was bad under Staley his first year as the coach. why was it bad? mostly because the players he had to work with didn't fit his scheme and were bad. the chargers have literally rebuilt their defense this off-season. 3 new starters in the secondary with only 2 or maybe 3 returning starters in the front 7.

If it makes you feel better about your chances, go right ahead and assume the chargers will still be bad on defense. you're delusional, simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Still waiting to here why your defense statistically got worse under Staley?

2020 - 23rd points allowed / 10th yards allowed

2021 under Staley - 29th in points allowed / 23rd in yards allowed.
    ive told you why. gonna be fun when you tell me why you were so wrong about Staley and the additions the chargers have made that won't help their bad defense, in a few months, though. If you have the stones to stick around that is.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Mack is a great player but truth is he hasnt had double digit sacks since 2018 same as
    Chubb.

Broncos HC Hackett and OC Outten are very well aware of what Mack can do and along with new Broncos RT Billy Turner they were successful in dealing with Mack.

Meanwhile Staley couldn't beat Denver with Bridgewater under center, Russell
    Wilson is a whole other problem!

truth be told mack has played at an elite level every year he's been in the league, including last year before he got hurt. he was the second-highest graded edge defender and all pro in 2020. how many years have I been telling you there is more to being an edge defender than just sack totals? mack is not only very disruptive and one of the best edge rushers in the game, he's also an elite run defender.

so that's two elite run defenders to set the edges and two of the best run stoppers in the middle. not to mention all the additions to the secondary allow James to play near the LOS more to help with run defense as well.

Staley gets more than one season dude. especially when he came in and totally changed the style of defense they run. this team has been gutted since he got here, maybe give the dude more than one season to turn around the culture here?

but of course, you just think he's a terrible coach, lets's see how that opinion holds up, shall we?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

speaking of lying? where did i "skip all that"? I literally made a thread giving your team credit for bringing in Wilson, I recognize that the Broncos are going to be better and will be a true threat. I never bashed any of your signings, I just don't think gregory/chubb is close to as good as bosa/mack.

you are the one talking crazy dude, not me. you just keep believing all that idiotic nonsense.
    Still waiting to here why your defense statistically got worse under Staley?

2020 - 23rd points allowed / 10th yards allowed

2021 under Staley - 29th in points allowed / 23rd in yards allowed.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-15-2022, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Mack is a former DPOY! And Russell Wilson is a former SB champion who has lead his team to 8 playoffs berths in 10 seasons and two conference titles!!!! But you just skip all that to say Mack who hasnt had a double digit sack season since 2018 and Jackson who got torched in the playoffs make your roster the best ?

Baphs logic: "all of our free agents will thrive"
    " all the broncos free agents are trash and their defense isnt good anymore cause..... i said so"
    speaking of lying? where did i "skip all that"? I literally made a thread giving your team credit for bringing in Wilson, I recognize that the Broncos are going to be better and will be a true threat. I never bashed any of your signings, I just don't think gregory/chubb is close to as good as bosa/mack.

you are the one talking crazy dude, not me. you just keep believing all that idiotic nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FSH3VcHXoAAsKnE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	8416586
    odd, i don't see Gregory or chubb on that list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FPrSUEIXEAsD-j1?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	615.1 KB
ID:	8416587
    Mack is a great player but truth is he hasnt had double digit sacks since 2018 same as
    Chubb.

Broncos HC Hackett and OC Outten are very well aware of what Mack can do and along with new Broncos RT Billy Turner they were successful in dealing with Mack.

Meanwhile Staley couldn't beat Denver with Bridgewater under center, Russell
    Wilson is a whole other problem!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FSH3VcHXoAAsKnE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	8416586
    odd, i don't see Gregory or chubb on that list.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FPrSUEIXEAsD-j1?format=jpg&name=large.jpg Views:	1 Size:	615.1 KB ID:	8416587
    Attached Files
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-15-2022, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

The defense is far and away better right now than it was last year. the argument you're trying to make here is no different than if I ignored the fact that the broncos got RW and just pretended the QB play will still be bad.

keep on talking about how bad of a coach Staley is, keep on talking about last year's defense and thinking it will be no different this year.

you're going to get exposed for your football ignorance for all to see once again.
    Statistically under Staley the Chargers defense is worse.
    Or do you stats only matter when you are making excuses for Herbert?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-15-2022, 03:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

you are a waste of my time.......

next....

mack is a former DPOY and all pro at two separate positions. He's a better pass rusher and defense than both of your edge rushers. he got hurt last year, before that happened he had 6 sacks in 7 games. before that injury, he only missed time once in his career.

there has never been a time in his career that mack wasn't elite, chubb and Gregory have never been elite. the fact that you say outlandish crap like this and think I can't make a sound argument to dispute it just shows how ridiculously out of touch with reality tha5t you are.

Staley just got here and changed literally everything. he didn't have his players to be able to run the type of defense he wants to run. now he does. you are already on record saying he's a bad coach, I honestly cannot wait to serve up that crow. I'm calling it now, you will disappear from smack, you won't be able to handle the fury of smack that will be coming your way in a few short months.

the "terrorizer of broncos fans" will be back and in full effect. except my fury will only be focused on the one donko fan goober who said outlandish crap here.

Mack is a former DPOY! And Russell Wilson is a former SB champion who has lead his team to 8 playoffs berths in 10 seasons and two conference titles!!!! But you just skip all that to say Mack who hasnt had a double digit sack season since 2018 and Jackson who got torched in the playoffs make your roster the best ?

Baphs logic: "all of our free agents will thrive"
    " all the broncos free agents are trash and their defense isnt good anymore cause..... i said so"

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Have the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?
    The defense is far and away better right now than it was last year. the argument you're trying to make here is no different than if I ignored the fact that the broncos got RW and just pretended the QB play will still be bad.

keep on talking about how bad of a coach Staley is, keep on talking about last year's defense and thinking it will be no different this year.

you're going to get exposed for your football ignorance for all to see once again.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Please show me the post where I said the Chargers didnt get better? If you cant make a good argument dont lie to try and sound smart.
    you are a waste of my time.......

No reason to think any of these additions will be better on a bad defense.
    next....

I have asked you clear questions that you either are not smart enough to answer or your scared to answer.

Why is Mack a better upgrade than Gregory and a healthy Chubb? Chubb and Mack both haven't had double digit sack seasons since 2018.
    mack is a former DPOY and all pro at two separate positions. He's a better pass rusher and run defender than both of your edge rushers. he got hurt last year, before that happened he had 6 sacks in 7 games. before that injury, he only missed time once in his career.

there has never been a time in his career that mack wasn't elite, chubb and Gregory have never been elite. the fact that you say outlandish crap like this and think I can't make a sound argument to dispute it just shows how ridiculously out of touch with reality you are.

Has the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?
    Staley just got here and changed literally everything. he didn't have his players to be able to run the type of defense he wants to run. now he does. you are already on record saying he's a bad coach, I honestly cannot wait to serve up that crow. I'm calling it now, you will disappear from smack, you won't be able to handle the fury of smack that will be coming your way in a few short months.

the "terrorizer of broncos fans" will be back and in full effect. except my fury will only be focused on the one donko fan goober who said outlandish crap here.

Last edited by baphamet; 05-15-2022, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

it's absolutely hilarious that you seem to think the chargers have gotten no better this off-season while the broncos have.

you truly are one delusional donko homer, it's quite impressive actually.
    Please show me the post where I said the Chargers didnt get better? If you cant make a good argument dont lie to try and sound smart.

I have asked you clear questions that you either are not smart enough to answer or your scared to answer.

Why is Mack a better upgrade than Gregory and a healthy Chubb? Chubb and Mack both haven't had double digit sack seasons since 2018.

Has the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

you have been talking crazy all offseason. not even going to respond. we can discuss your ignorance when the time is right.
    Have the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Easy!
    Russell Wilson will take the snap turn around and hand the ball to Javante Williams and he will do the rest.

- Javonte Williams had the most broken tackles last season with 31. He broke a tackle every 6.5 rush attempts

That was with Lock and Bridgwater under center. He now will have the best deep ball QB in the NFL making the defense think twice.

it's absolutely hilarious that you seem to think the chargers have gotten no better this off-season while the broncos have.

you truly are one delusional donko homer, it's quite impressive actually.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied

Is Austin Johnson one of the guys you are referring to? Denver had 165 yards vs his vaunted run defense last year.

Sebastian Joseph-Day played seven games before getting injured and the rams replaced him and didnt mis a beat. He wont be playing next to Aaron Donald on the Chargers.

That said is JC Jackson bringing Bellichek with him? Cause I can remember a lot of Patriot players signing big deals and not having same success else where.

Since Staley arrived the Chargers defense has gotten worse statistically

Defense Rank
    Year - Points Allowed / Yards Allowed
    2020 - (Lynn) 23rd / 10th
    2021 (Staley) 29th / 23rd

No reason to think any of these additions will be better on a bad defense.

you have been talking crazy all offseason. not even going to respond. we can discuss your ignorance when the time is right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X