X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    I can certainly follow your logic and understand your enthusiasm. However, talent on paper often doesn't correlate to performance. We have both seen this scenario play out. Almost always it comes back to team chemistry and which team wants it more. It will be fun to watch it develop on the field.
    yes I know, this is a line from my original post.

"this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)"

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

So you're saying when the Chargers win they do it because of their rabid fan support and when they lose it's despite their rabid fan support?
    I don't say ridiculous things like that. not having the best fan support is no excuse, you seem to be making that excuse for them, why?

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

how are you going to run against a DL that was overhauled just to stop the run?

two of the interior linemen they brought in were both top 15 in run stop rate, SJD was best in the league in that regard last season. not to mention bosa who was the only consistently good run stopper from last year and add in mack, who is also a good run stopper. both mack and bosa are really good setting the edge.

if you think you're facing the same defense from last season and are banking on your team being able to run easily, you're in for a surprise.

herbert = wilson
    ekeler/spiller = williams/gordon
    allen/williams/palmer = sutton/jeudy/patrick
    Everett/Parham >>>>> Tomlinson/Saubert
    slater/feiler/linsley/johnson/norton >> Bolles/risner/cush/glasgow/turner

advantage: Chargers

mack/tillery/SJD/johnson/bosa >> chubb/jones/purcell/jones/gregory
    Tranquil/van noy = jewell/singleton
    jackson/samuel/callahan/davis > Surtain/darby/Williams/some other scrub
    james/adderly = simmons/jackson

I'm being very fair with this too. there is not one position group on the broncos both offense and defense that you can say is clearly better than the chargers. comparable? yes, but not better. however, there are multiple position groups on both offense and defense that you can say without a doubt is better on the chargers.

don't even try to tell me chubb and Gregory are anything even close to mack and bosa.chargers' corners are clearly better and deeper as well. the chargers OL is better and more talented. tight end is a group that isn't even close. the chargers had a better TE group last year when the Broncos had fant and they only got better this year.

everything else you can say is comparable/ arguable. the only spot you can say might be better on the broncos team is ST's. it's not hard to be better than the league's worst ST's unit for the last 3 years. but then again the chargers overhauled that as well

so we will see.
    Lol!!!! Big paragraph to try and explain how scary your team is, I still remember your elite QB having to throw a hail mary prayer just to score 13 pts.

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied

herbert lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives in 2021. one thing I will give you credit for, you were right about rivers getting rattled late sometimes. he was always trying to make something happen late and you could see he was rattled at times. he just didn't have the physical talents to do it consistently, as well as the pass protection.

odd that the chargers have now drafted two stud OL'men in the first round back-to-back years now that he's gone. I bet he's salty about that.

herbert on the other hand not only has the physical talent, but the kid simply has ice in his veins. he doesnt get rattled.

herbert couldn't be more different than rivers, pretty much across the board.
    The Chargers have had a nice off season there is no denying that. You guys have the edge on the offensive side to start out, but I believe the Broncos will gel as a unit quickly. I still feel we have the edge on defense with our core plus additions. Van Noy and Callahan could be two huge signings though. It will be a very entertaining AFCW and I personally believe the Chiefs reign of terror is over.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    I can certainly follow your logic and understand your enthusiasm. However, talent on paper often doesn't correlate to performance. We have both seen this scenario play out. Almost always it comes back to team chemistry and which team wants it more. It will be fun to watch it develop on the field.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied

so you're saying the chargers lose because they lack fan support but when they win it's in spite of fan support?
    So you're saying when the Chargers win they do it because of their rabid fan support and when they lose it's despite their rabid fan support?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    Rosters have never been the Chargers' problem. It's their fans...or lack of them. The Chargers play half their games on the road and the other half on a neutral field, and always have.
    so you're saying the chargers lose because they lack fan support but when they win it's in spite of fan support?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    jackson > surtain

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Denver is going to run the ball right down your teams throat and then Wilson is gonna make you pay when you load the box.

Denver's defense has only gotten better and deeper, Herbert who struggled will now have Gregory and Chubb making him throw it surtain instead if Cooper and Reed.

how are you going to run against a DL that was overhauled just to stop the run?

two of the interior linemen they brought in were both top 15 in run stop rate, SJD was best in the league in that regard last season. not to mention bosa who was the only consistently good run stopper from last year and add in mack, who is also a good run stopper. both mack and bosa are really good setting the edge.

if you think you're facing the same defense from last season and are banking on your team being able to run easily, you're in for a surprise.

herbert = wilson
    ekeler/spiller = williams/gordon
    allen/williams/palmer = sutton/jeudy/patrick
    Everett/Parham >>>>> Tomlinson/Saubert
    slater/feiler/linsley/johnson/norton >> Bolles/risner/cush/glasgow/turner

mack/tillery/SJD/johnson/bosa >> chubb/jones/purcell/jones/gregory
    Tranquil/van noy = jewell/singleton
    jackson/samuel/callahan/davis > Surtain/darby/Williams/some other scrub
    james/adderly = simmons/jackson

I'm being very fair with this too. there is not one position group on the broncos both offense and defense that you can say is clearly better than the chargers. comparable? yes, but not better. however, there are multiple position groups on both offense and defense that you can say without a doubt is better on the chargers.

don't even try to tell me chubb and Gregory are anything even close to mack and bosa.chargers' corners are clearly better and deeper as well. the chargers OL is better and more talented. tight end is a group that isn't even close. the chargers had a better TE group last year when the Broncos had fant and they only got better this year.

everything else you can say is comparable/ arguable. the only spot you can say might be better on the broncos team is ST's. it's not hard to be better than the league's worst ST's unit for the last 3 years. but then again the chargers overhauled that as well

so we will see.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-06-2022, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Rosters have never been the Chargers' problem. It's their fans...or lack of them. The Chargers play half their games on the road and the other half on a neutral field, and always have.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

last season defensively the chargers had derwin james, bosa, and you could argue white who had good seasons. the rest either sucked or were banged up most of the season. the charger's defense has been completely overhauled.

the broncos lost harris and gained jones, a slight upgrade at defensive tackle yes but their OL? by bringing in a backup swing tackle and signing an aging starter to a one-year contract?

the chargers OL is by far superior at this point. the chargers also brought in a whole bunch of help on their DL to help stop the run, especially when you include mack in that. the charger's defense as a whole improved more than any other defense in the league this off-season and it isn't really close.

you think you have the best defense in the division still? we will see. the chargers definitely have more talent right now, without a doubt.

"had" the best defense, as in last year. vic is gone, you have new coaches and as good as the bronco's talent is on defense, it's now inferior to the charger's talent on defense. running game? the chargers drafted one of the best backs in the draft and have AE. their running game is only going to improve while the broncos continue to suffer melvin "the fumble machine" Gordon.

we don't care that you got Wilson, he's going to be running for his life just like always behind that mediocre OL and he's gonna lose his legs within the next couple of years, so good luck with that.
    Denver is going to run the ball right down your teams throat and then Wilson is gonna make you pay when you load the box.

Denver's defense has only gotten better and deeper, Herbert who struggled will now have Gregory and Chubb making him throw it surtain instead if Cooper and Reed.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

This team is not better than that team.......but this one may have a closer. Those old Chargers teams were at the mercy of Phil and his late game blunders.
    If Herbert has a career trajectory like Rivers than his best days may already be behind him. If he can actually close out games then this team just may have a future.
    herbert lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game-winning drives in 2021. one thing I will give you credit for, you were right about rivers getting rattled late sometimes. he was always trying to make something happen late and you could see he was rattled at times. he just didn't have the physical talents to do it consistently, as well as the pass protection.

odd that the chargers have now drafted two stud OL'men in the first round back-to-back years now that he's gone. I bet he's salty about that.

herbert on the other hand not only has the physical talent, but the kid simply has ice in his veins. he doesnt get rattled.

herbert couldn't be more different than rivers, pretty much across the board.
    Last edited by baphamet; 05-06-2022, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    The real question....

How's your special teams?
    haha we will see. There are going to be a lot of new faces but we do have our kicking situation solidified as well as a new returner. I just hope for an average ST's and not the worst in the league as usual.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

How is this team better than the Charger teams that had:
    QB Rivers
    RB LT - 1st team All-Pro
    FB Neal - 1st team All-Pro
    WR V. Jackson
    TE Gates - Pro Bowl
    LT M. Mcneil - Pro Bowl
    LG Dielman - Pro Bowl
    C Hardwick

NT Jamal Williams - Pro Bowl
    DE Luis Castillo
    OLB Merriman - Pro bowl
    OLB S. Phillips
    CB Jammer
    CB Cromartie

Ret - Sproles
    because nobody said it was better than that team?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X