The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post

I'll stop writing novels. Thanks for the discussion. This year, watching both teams will be to see how far they go instead of just waiting for roster holes to blow up the season.
    I appreciate the well-thought-out responses, which is rare here in smack sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

did you get hit by a bus last November and just wake up from a coma?

where was the "blueprint" to beat herbert when the broncos got curb-stomped 34-13 in week 17?

nevermind that though, do you actually think the chargers have done nothing to improve their defense this off-season? how about their OL? RB? you do nothing but waste my time with idiotic takes that will certainly come back to bite you.

you have been talking a lot of crazy crap about the chargers this off-season, you better not run and hide when I inevitably light your ass up in smack this fall.
      The game half the Broncos roster was on the covid list? You would bring up that game and not the one where we had healthy rosters and the Broncos throttled your team.

The Charger's have improved and so has Denver. Denver bringing in a franchise QB, and a new coaching staff will be a bigger long term improvement in my opinion.

Run and Hide lol!!!! Coming from Mr. Business trip himself!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

So Khalil Mack hasnt put up double digit sacks since 2018 is a huge upgrade but Chubb who will be healthy for the first time since 2018 when he put up double digit sacks and Gregory who has never played a full season due to suspensions and injurys are lesser upgrades ?

How does that work? If all 3 are healthy why wouldn't two younger players be as good of an upgrade as Mack.

Gregory hasnt met his potential yet and neither has Chubb. Both these guys have the potential just like Mack of being huge upgrades for the their team.
        sigpic

Comment

not as good as the chargers though!

IMO the chargers have the best roster in the division and arguably in the NFL......yes I said it. there is no unit on this team that isn't strong. maybe running back could be argued isn't deep but they did just draft a kid that could be decent. the chargers are also deeper now at multiple positions than they were before.

this is the best offseason in chargers history, they really are all in on winning a SB

this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)

let us see how the "herbert cant get to the playoffs after only his second season" narrative holds up this time when he actually has help in the other two phases of the game with a much-improved roster across the board.

AFC west fans right now looking at the chargers......

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c61c6398ef646e562954148da2dd4f4d8fb210ff&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
Views:	318
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	8415917
          A very good roster (what you see on paper) doesn't automatically equate to good success. You know that better than anyone. It's all about consistent quality execution week in and week out. Based on how the Broncos are looking on paper this year, I guess we will win the Super Bowl. + one.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

A very good roster (what you see on paper) doesn't automatically equate to good success. You know that better than anyone. It's all about consistent quality execution week in and week out. Based on how the Broncos are looking on paper this year, I guess we will win the Super Bowl. + one.
            did you not read the post you just quoted? "this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)"

you always try to talk smack about my grammar but don't seem to possess adequate reading comprehension skills yourself?

Comment

did you not read the post you just quoted? "this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)"

you always try to talk smack about my grammar but don't seem to possess adequate reading comprehension skills yourself?
              You said imo. And your grammar will always suck because you disliked all of your English teachers. Own it dude.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

how are you going to run against a DL that was overhauled just to stop the run?
                Easy!
                Russell Wilson will take the snap turn around and hand the ball to Javante Williams and he will do the rest.

- Javonte Williams had the most broken tackles last season with 31. He broke a tackle every 6.5 rush attempts

That was with Lock and Bridgwater under center. He now will have the best deep ball QB in the NFL making the defense think twice.

sigpic

Comment

how are you going to run against a DL that was overhauled just to stop the run?

two of the interior linemen they brought in were both top 15 in run stop rate, SJD was best in the league in that regard last season. not to mention bosa who was the only consistently good run stopper from last year and add in mack, who is also a good run stopper. both mack and bosa are really good setting the edge.
                  wo of the interior linemen they brought in were both top 15 in run stop rate, SJD was best in the league in that regard last season. not to mention bosa who was the only consistently good run stopper from last year and add in mack, who is also a good run stopper. both mack and bosa are really good setting the edge.
                  Is Austin Johnson one of the guys you are referring to? Denver had 165 yards vs his vaunted run defense last year.

Sebastian Joseph-Day played seven games before getting injured and the rams replaced him and didnt mis a beat. He wont be playing next to Aaron Donald on the Chargers.

That said is JC Jackson bringing Bellichek with him? Cause I can remember a lot of Patriot players signing big deals and not having same success else where.

Since Staley arrived the Chargers defense has gotten worse statistically

Defense Rank
                  Year - Points Allowed / Yards Allowed
                  2020 - (Lynn) 23rd / 10th
                  2021 (Staley) 29th / 23rd

No reason to think any of these additions will be better on a bad defense.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Is Austin Johnson one of the guys you are referring to? Denver had 165 yards vs his vaunted run defense last year.

Sebastian Joseph-Day played seven games before getting injured and the rams replaced him and didnt mis a beat. He wont be playing next to Aaron Donald on the Chargers.

That said is JC Jackson bringing Bellichek with him? Cause I can remember a lot of Patriot players signing big deals and not having same success else where.

Since Staley arrived the Chargers defense has gotten worse statistically

Defense Rank
                    Year - Points Allowed / Yards Allowed
                    2020 - (Lynn) 23rd / 10th
                    2021 (Staley) 29th / 23rd

you have been talking crazy all offseason. not even going to respond. we can discuss your ignorance when the time is right.

Comment

Easy!
                      Russell Wilson will take the snap turn around and hand the ball to Javante Williams and he will do the rest.

- Javonte Williams had the most broken tackles last season with 31. He broke a tackle every 6.5 rush attempts

That was with Lock and Bridgwater under center. He now will have the best deep ball QB in the NFL making the defense think twice.

it's absolutely hilarious that you seem to think the chargers have gotten no better this off-season while the broncos have.

you truly are one delusional donko homer, it's quite impressive actually.

Comment

you have been talking crazy all offseason. not even going to respond. we can discuss your ignorance when the time is right.
                        Have the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?
                        sigpic

Comment

it's absolutely hilarious that you seem to think the chargers have gotten no better this off-season while the broncos have.

you truly are one delusional donko homer, it's quite impressive actually.
                          Please show me the post where I said the Chargers didnt get better? If you cant make a good argument dont lie to try and sound smart.

I have asked you clear questions that you either are not smart enough to answer or your scared to answer.

Why is Mack a better upgrade than Gregory and a healthy Chubb? Chubb and Mack both haven't had double digit sack seasons since 2018.

Has the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?

sigpic

Comment

Please show me the post where I said the Chargers didnt get better? If you cant make a good argument dont lie to try and sound smart.
                            you are a waste of my time.......

next....

I have asked you clear questions that you either are not smart enough to answer or your scared to answer.

Why is Mack a better upgrade than Gregory and a healthy Chubb? Chubb and Mack both haven't had double digit sack seasons since 2018.
                            mack is a former DPOY and all pro at two separate positions. He's a better pass rusher and run defender than both of your edge rushers. he got hurt last year, before that happened he had 6 sacks in 7 games. before that injury, he only missed time once in his career.

there has never been a time in his career that mack wasn't elite, chubb and Gregory have never been elite. the fact that you say outlandish crap like this and think I can't make a sound argument to dispute it just shows how ridiculously out of touch with reality you are.

Has the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?
                            Staley just got here and changed literally everything. he didn't have his players to be able to run the type of defense he wants to run. now he does. you are already on record saying he's a bad coach, I honestly cannot wait to serve up that crow. I'm calling it now, you will disappear from smack, you won't be able to handle the fury of smack that will be coming your way in a few short months.

the "terrorizer of broncos fans" will be back and in full effect. except my fury will only be focused on the one donko fan goober who said outlandish crap here.

Last edited by baphamet; 05-15-2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Have the Chargers defense gotten better or worse under Staley?
                              The defense is far and away better right now than it was last year. the argument you're trying to make here is no different than if I ignored the fact that the broncos got RW and just pretended the QB play will still be bad.

keep on talking about how bad of a coach Staley is, keep on talking about last year's defense and thinking it will be no different this year.

you're going to get exposed for your football ignorance for all to see once again.

Comment

you are a waste of my time.......

next....

mack is a former DPOY and all pro at two separate positions. He's a better pass rusher and defense than both of your edge rushers. he got hurt last year, before that happened he had 6 sacks in 7 games. before that injury, he only missed time once in his career.

there has never been a time in his career that mack wasn't elite, chubb and Gregory have never been elite. the fact that you say outlandish crap like this and think I can't make a sound argument to dispute it just shows how ridiculously out of touch with reality tha5t you are.

Staley just got here and changed literally everything. he didn't have his players to be able to run the type of defense he wants to run. now he does. you are already on record saying he's a bad coach, I honestly cannot wait to serve up that crow. I'm calling it now, you will disappear from smack, you won't be able to handle the fury of smack that will be coming your way in a few short months.

the "terrorizer of broncos fans" will be back and in full effect. except my fury will only be focused on the one donko fan goober who said outlandish crap here.

Mack is a former DPOY! And Russell Wilson is a former SB champion who has lead his team to 8 playoffs berths in 10 seasons and two conference titles!!!! But you just skip all that to say Mack who hasnt had a double digit sack season since 2018 and Jackson who got torched in the playoffs make your roster the best 😂

Baphs logic: "all of our free agents will thrive"
                                " all the broncos free agents are trash and their defense isnt good anymore cause..... i said so"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X