The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

The defense is far and away better right now than it was last year. the argument you're trying to make here is no different than if I ignored the fact that the broncos got RW and just pretended the QB play will still be bad.

keep on talking about how bad of a coach Staley is, keep on talking about last year's defense and thinking it will be no different this year.

you're going to get exposed for your football ignorance for all to see once again.
    Statistically under Staley the Chargers defense is worse.
    Or do you stats only matter when you are making excuses for Herbert?
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-15-2022, 03:17 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	FSH3VcHXoAAsKnE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	8416586
      odd, i don't see Gregory or chubb on that list.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FPrSUEIXEAsD-j1?format=jpg&name=large.jpg Views:	1 Size:	615.1 KB ID:	8416587
      Attached Files
      Last edited by baphamet; 05-15-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FSH3VcHXoAAsKnE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	8416586
        odd, i don't see Gregory or chubb on that list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FPrSUEIXEAsD-j1?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	615.1 KB
ID:	8416587
        Mack is a great player but truth is he hasnt had double digit sacks since 2018 same as
        Chubb.

Broncos HC Hackett and OC Outten are very well aware of what Mack can do and along with new Broncos RT Billy Turner they were successful in dealing with Mack.

Meanwhile Staley couldn't beat Denver with Bridgewater under center, Russell
        Wilson is a whole other problem!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Mack is a former DPOY! And Russell Wilson is a former SB champion who has lead his team to 8 playoffs berths in 10 seasons and two conference titles!!!! But you just skip all that to say Mack who hasnt had a double digit sack season since 2018 and Jackson who got torched in the playoffs make your roster the best 😂

Baphs logic: "all of our free agents will thrive"
          " all the broncos free agents are trash and their defense isnt good anymore cause..... i said so"
          speaking of lying? where did i "skip all that"? I literally made a thread giving your team credit for bringing in Wilson, I recognize that the Broncos are going to be better and will be a true threat. I never bashed any of your signings, I just don't think gregory/chubb is close to as good as bosa/mack.

you are the one talking crazy dude, not me. you just keep believing all that idiotic nonsense.

Comment

speaking of lying? where did i "skip all that"? I literally made a thread giving your team credit for bringing in Wilson, I recognize that the Broncos are going to be better and will be a true threat. I never bashed any of your signings, I just don't think gregory/chubb is close to as good as bosa/mack.

you are the one talking crazy dude, not me. you just keep believing all that idiotic nonsense.
            Still waiting to here why your defense statistically got worse under Staley?

2020 - 23rd points allowed / 10th yards allowed

2021 under Staley - 29th in points allowed / 23rd in yards allowed.
            Last edited by 58Miller; 05-15-2022, 04:14 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Mack is a great player but truth is he hasnt had double digit sacks since 2018 same as
              Chubb.

Broncos HC Hackett and OC Outten are very well aware of what Mack can do and along with new Broncos RT Billy Turner they were successful in dealing with Mack.

Meanwhile Staley couldn't beat Denver with Bridgewater under center, Russell
              Wilson is a whole other problem!

truth be told mack has played at an elite level every year he's been in the league, including last year before he got hurt. he was the second-highest graded edge defender and all pro in 2020. how many years have I been telling you there is more to being an edge defender than just sack totals? mack is not only very disruptive and one of the best edge rushers in the game, he's also an elite run defender.

so that's two elite run defenders to set the edges and two of the best run stoppers in the middle. not to mention all the additions to the secondary allow James to play near the LOS more to help with run defense as well.

Staley gets more than one season dude. especially when he came in and totally changed the style of defense they run. this team has been gutted since he got here, maybe give the dude more than one season to turn around the culture here?

but of course, you just think he's a terrible coach, lets's see how that opinion holds up, shall we?

Comment

Still waiting to here why your defense statistically got worse under Staley?

2020 - 23rd points allowed / 10th yards allowed

2021 under Staley - 29th in points allowed / 23rd in yards allowed.
                ive told you why. gonna be fun when you tell me why you were so wrong about Staley and the additions the chargers have made that won't help their bad defense, in a few months, though. If you have the stones to stick around that is.

Comment

Statistically under Staley the Chargers defense is worse.
                  Or do you stats only matter when you are making excuses for Herbert?
                  you are comparing one player to an entire defense

you're the one that said herbert can't get his team to the playoffs and used that as your reasoning as to why he isn't elite. yet, when I talk about how bad the defense and ST's were you acted like that was just an excuse. but here you are talking about how bad staley's defense was?

yes the defense was bad under Staley his first year as the coach. why was it bad? mostly because the players he had to work with didn't fit his scheme and were bad. the chargers have literally rebuilt their defense this off-season. 3 new starters in the secondary with only 2 or maybe 3 returning starters in the front 7.

If it makes you feel better about your chances, go right ahead and assume the chargers will still be bad on defense. you're delusional, simple as that.

Comment

truth be told mack has played at an elite level every year he's been in the league, including last year before he got hurt. he was the second-highest graded edge defender and all pro in 2020. how many years have I been telling you there is more to being an edge defender than just sack totals? mack is not only very disruptive and one of the best edge rushers in the game, he's also an elite run defender.

so that's two elite run defenders to set the edges and two of the best run stoppers in the middle. not to mention all the additions to the secondary allow James to play near the LOS more to help with run defense as well.

Staley gets more than one season dude. especially when he came in and totally changed the style of defense they run. this team has been gutted since he got here, maybe give the dude more than one season to turn around the culture here?

but of course, you just think he's a terrible coach, lets's see how that opinion holds up, shall we?
                    So a defensive coach who takes over and your defense is worse is good?

They missed the playoffs because of him!

Mack like Russell Wilson is a great player and will improve his team at his position for sure.

Randy Gregory has never played at Macks level but he is a solid run defender as well.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021...owboys-defense

Denver is gonna run the ball even more under Hackett. Keeping guys like Mack and Bosa from flying into the backfield you gotta keep them honest with the run game.

GB had no problem running agaisnt Mack last year on the Bears and Denver ran the ball on your run stuffer Austin Johnson for 165 yards. Wishful thinking to say your gonna stop the run all the sudden. You guys do have better players but your scheme also matters and I dont doubt Macks ability, I dont trust Staley, dude is trying to hard to be smarter than everyone.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nobody outside of Cleveland made a bigger move at the the top position than Denver. Signing Defensive guys is always a nice headline and drafting new guys always gives hope, but the QB is the one that affects the game more than anyone.
                      In the AFCW there are new faces who will no doubt make a few extra plays, but none with the impact of a top QB.
                      Our team nailed the off season by trading for Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        Nobody outside of Cleveland made a bigger move at the the top position than Denver. Signing Defensive guys is always a nice headline and drafting new guys always gives hope, but the QB is the one that affects the game more than anyone.
                        In the AFCW there are new faces who will no doubt make a few extra plays, but none with the impact of a top QB.
                        Yessir!!!!!
                        Stafford put the Rams over the top

Brady went to the Bucs and they not only became a playoff team but a SB champ!

Burrow in a couple of years took the worst team in the NFL to a SB.

We went from having the worst QB in the division to the QB with the Most playoff wins (9) and a guy who ties the top guy with a SB ring and two conference titles.

The other two QB's have zero playoff wins and one of them hasnt even made the playoffs before ( he is no Joe Burrow)!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          the chargers already had their QB though lol

they had really bad ST's and defense. offensively they are good to go, especially if their new RB does alright. like I said before, now Staley has the pieces to run his defense the way he wants. If this defense isn't at minimum top 10 in the league this season, it will be a failure.

I do see the optimism with the broncos, they will likely be a well-rounded team. but there is a lot of change in Denver this off-season. a new QB, new HC and new play-callers on both sides of the ball. to expect the Broncos to add RW and the rest of the team to not miss a beat is a little naive.

I'm guessing there could be growing pains early but we will see. I just personally think the chargers have the best roster right now in the division overall. it's close and arguable though like I said before.

Comment

Yessir!!!!!
                            Stafford put the Rams over the top

Brady went to the Bucs and they not only became a playoff team but a SB champ!

Burrow in a couple of years took the worst team in the NFL to a SB.

We went from having the worst QB in the division to the QB with the Most playoff wins (9) and a guy who ties the top guy with a SB ring and two conference titles.

The other two QB's have zero playoff wins and one of them hasnt even made the playoffs before ( he is no Joe Burrow)!
                            broncos fans after manning retires:

"we can literally plug any QB in and win the SB!"

Comment

So a defensive coach who takes over and your defense is worse is good?

They missed the playoffs because of him!
                              he's the best HC the chargers have had since marty, which is saying a lot coming from me because i liked norv. I get it, you are talking on things you know nothing about like usual. we can revisit this later in the season and talk about how ignorant you are.

Mack like Russell Wilson is a great player and will improve his team at his position for sure.

Randy Gregory has never played at Macks level but he is a solid run defender as well.
                              nobody said that Gregory wasn't a solid addition. you're talking to a Nebraska fan here, I want him to be good. but Gregory and chubb just are not on the same level of mack and bosa IMO. if both are healthy I don't think there is a better edge combo in the NFL.

Denver is gonna run the ball even more under Hackett. Keeping guys like Mack and Bosa from flying into the backfield you gotta keep them honest with the run game.

GB had no problem running agaisnt Mack last year on the Bears and Denver ran the ball on your run stuffer Austin Johnson for 165 yards. Wishful thinking to say your gonna stop the run all the sudden. You guys do have better players but your scheme also matters and I dont doubt Macks ability, I dont trust Staley, dude is trying to hard to be smarter than everyone.
                              the fact that you think this is a legit argument makes me laugh

bro, austin johnson was just one guy on a bad team. he himself was top 15 in run-stopping efficiency. That's like saying joey bosa sucks at run defense because the defense he was on was bad against the run.

with SJD, yes he played next to Donald but Donald didn't make the plays for him did he? he was still good against the run and got off his blocks to makes plays. He's not going to see a lot of double teams in pass-rush situations in this defense either with both bosa and mack on the edges demanding all of the attention.

it's hilarious that you think Donald helped his game but bosa and mack combined on the edges somehow won't

not only that, Staley coached him and knows him. he also had his best season under Staley. all stuff you're clearly oblivious to yet still run your mouth like you know.

what I know is you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the things you write here. the charger's run defense will absolutely be better this season and to be honest, it got a lot better last season as the season went on even with the garbage DL.

like i said, keep talking. receipts have been saved.

Last edited by baphamet; 05-17-2022, 09:41 AM.

Comment

broncos fans after manning retires:

"we can literally plug any QB in and win the SB!"
                                True! And we were wrong!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X