The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

he's the best HC the chargers have had since marty, which is saying a lot coming from me because i liked norv. I get it, you are talking on things you know nothing about like usual. we can revisit this later in the season and talk about how ignorant you are.

nobody said that Gregory wasn't a solid addition. you're talking to a Nebraska fan here, I want him to be good. but Gregory and chubb just are not on the same level of mack and bosa IMO. if both are healthy I don't think there is a better edge combo in the NFL.

the fact that you think this is a legit argument makes me laugh

bro, austin johnson was just one guy on a bad team. he himself was top 15 in run-stopping efficiency. That's like saying joey bosa sucks at run defense because the defense he was on was bad against the run.

with SJD, yes he played next to Donald but Donald didn't make the plays for him did he? he was still good against the run and got off his blocks to makes plays. He's not going to see a lot of double teams in pass-rush situations in this defense either with both bosa and mack on the edges demanding all of the attention.

it's hilarious that you think Donald helped his game but bosa and mack combined on the edges somehow won't

not only that, Staley coached him and knows him. he also had his best season under Staley. all stuff you're clearly oblivious to yet still run your mouth like you know.

what I know is you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the things you write here. the charger's run defense will absolutely be better this season and to be honest, it got a lot better last season as the season went on even with the garbage DL.

like i said, keep talking. receipts have been saved.

SJD got injured and was out for the year, Greg Gaines replaced him and the defense didn't miss a beat!!! Probably why the Rams didnt try to bring him back. Also the Broncos DC was with the Rams last year and the Broncos signed DJ Jones instead of SJD!
    SJD , Tillery & Johnson would all be back ups in Denver!!!!
    Chargers defense was worse under Staley last year from 2020 to 2021. If they improve this year I will give him credit, but I'm not gonna crown him like you, he hasn't achieved anything! ......Except losing to the Raiders in a win and your in game! Dude went for it at his own 18, resulting in a fg for Vegas and the Chargers lost by fg. Sorry I dont view that is as a great coach!
    Anthony Lyn lead the chargers to a 9 win season his first year as well, the following season he won 12 games. Staley better at least match that this year before calling him the beat HC since Marty! He has way more talent than Lynn.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-17-2022, 10:44 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      SJD got injured and was out for the year, Greg Gaines replaced him and the defense didn't miss a beat!!! Probably why the Rams didnt try to bring him back. Also the Broncos DC was with the Rams last year and the Broncos signed DJ Jones instead of SJD!
      SJD , Tillery & Johnson would all be back ups in Denver!!!!
      SJD dominated under Staley. the front 7 as a whole is better than Denver's front 7 IMO but it's pretty close.

Chargers defense was worse under Staley last year from 2020 to 2021. If they improve this year I will give him credit, but I'm not gonna crown him like you, he hasn't achieved anything! ......Except losing to the Raiders in a win and your in game! Dude went for it at his own 18, resulting in a fg for Vegas and the Chargers lost by fg. Sorry I dont view that is as a great coach!
      Anthony Lyn lead the chargers to a 9 win season his first year as well, the following season he won 12 games. Staley better at least match that this year before calling him the beat HC since Marty! He has way more talent than Lynn.
      A much different situation. the chargers purposely didn't change a lot when Lynn was hired. they did this because that was the year they moved to LA and wanted a relatively smooth transition. Staley was brought in and he changed everything. sometimes you have to look beyond stat sheets and win-loss records, especially when so much got changed and it's just one year.

If you just look at wins and losses and ignore every other quality of a HC, norv turner is the best HC in chargers history.

it doesn't matter dude, you will see soon enough what I'm talking about. There's no point in me kicking knowledge to a dude who won't read or comprehend it anyways.

Comment

True! And we were wrong!!!!
        yet didn't learn from that, did you?

Comment

Nothing wrong with smack talk, but the real fun begins in September.

Good luck, Baphamet.

Comment

yet didn't learn from that, did you?
            Learn what? Last time we had a franchise we owned the division.
            We still owned the Chargers and during all that time Chargers haven't done crap ( also they have a losing record vs Denver 😂)
            sigpic

Comment

SJD dominated under Staley. the front 7 as a whole is better than Denver's front 7 IMO but it's pretty close.

A much different situation. the chargers purposely didn't change a lot when Lynn was hired. they did this because that was the year they moved to LA and wanted a relatively smooth transition. Staley was brought in and he changed everything. sometimes you have to look beyond stat sheets and win-loss records, especially when so much got changed and it's just one year.

If you just look at wins and losses and ignore every other quality of a HC, norv turner is the best HC in chargers history.

it doesn't matter dude, you will see soon enough what I'm talking about. There's no point in me kicking knowledge to a dude who won't read or comprehend it anyways.
              Baphs save your excuses!!! When Staley doesnt blow it and actually makes the playoffs pat yourself on the back, until then he is the reason yall missed the playoffs and your defense was worse under him and he is supposed to be a defensive coach.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
                Nothing wrong with smack talk, but the real fun begins in September.

Good luck, Baphamet.
                I'm not even talking smack though really lol

58miller is, talking crazy as hell.

Comment

Learn what? Last time we had a franchise we owned the division.
                  We still owned the Chargers and during all that time Chargers haven't done crap ( also they have a losing record vs Denver 😂)
                  not smart enough to see the point I made? doesn't surprise me

Comment

Baphs save your excuses!!! When Staley doesnt blow it and actually makes the playoffs pat yourself on the back, until then he is the reason yall missed the playoffs and your defense was worse under him and he is supposed to be a defensive coach.

just keep running your mouth until september bro. . this is the last post I'm going to make about it, you will see this fall.

Comment

just keep running your mouth until september bro. . this is the last post I'm going to make about it, you will see this fall.
                      Is that when Staley will fix your defense? Because so far under him your defense is trash!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

not smart enough to see the point I made? doesn't surprise me
                        You always say Denver wont win!!!! You said we wouldn't win a SB with Peyton either. So pat yourself on the back for being right, and remember YOUR TEAM was 5-7 vs Denver after Manning left!!!!

sigpic

Comment

I'm not even talking smack though really lol

58miller is, talking crazy as hell.
                          If questioning a coach who made their defense worse and was outcoached by an interim coach in a win and your in game is crazy then I am guilty!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

The Denver Broncos Roster brought back most the starters from the league's 3rd ranked scoring defense with additions of Edge Randy Gregory, Dlineman DJ Jones, LB Alex Singelton, and slot corner Kawaun Williams.
                            Denver also gets back healthy ILB Josey Jewell, and Bradley Chubb who both missed most of the 2021 Season.
                            First time DC Evero has a lot to prove, he will have a top 5 roster and the 36 years exp. of assistant Dom Capers.

Denver on Offense has brought in Russell Wilson and Coaches from the the leagues 10th raked offense in scoring and Yards ( and their Right Tackle).

The Broncos will change their offensive scheme and have upgraded on the oline, tight end, and QB

The return of KJ Hamler gives Denver a receiver to take the top off the defense and with Wilsons ability to throw the deep ball makes this offense on paper a scary group.

The Broncos biggest question is how good is their coaching staff and will they be able to get the everyone on the same page.

The way I view the AFC West is 4 very talented rosters!!!!! The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all have made moves to level them up with KC. The Raiders and Broncos have the rosters to contend, but will their coaching staffs get the most out of them is the question!

The Chargers have a great roster, will their coach hold them back again is the question!!!!

The Chiefs have no coaching issues, they need to develop the young players they brough in and if they are successful they will stay on top another year.

sigpic

Comment

not as good as the chargers though!

IMO the chargers have the best roster in the division and arguably in the NFL......yes I said it. there is no unit on this team that isn't strong. maybe running back could be argued isn't deep but they did just draft a kid that could be decent. the chargers are also deeper now at multiple positions than they were before.

this is the best offseason in chargers history, they really are all in on winning a SB

this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)

let us see how the "herbert cant get to the playoffs after only his second season" narrative holds up this time when he actually has help in the other two phases of the game with a much-improved roster across the board.

AFC west fans right now looking at the chargers......

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c61c6398ef646e562954148da2dd4f4d8fb210ff&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
Views:	318
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	8415917
                              except just can't win?
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

the chargers already had their QB though lol

they had really bad ST's and defense. offensively they are good to go, especially if their new RB does alright. like I said before, now Staley has the pieces to run his defense the way he wants. If this defense isn't at minimum top 10 in the league this season, it will be a failure.

I do see the optimism with the broncos, they will likely be a well-rounded team. but there is a lot of change in Denver this off-season. a new QB, new HC and new play-callers on both sides of the ball. to expect the Broncos to add RW and the rest of the team to not miss a beat is a little naive.

I'm guessing there could be growing pains early but we will see. I just personally think the chargers have the best roster right now in the division overall. it's close and arguable though like I said before.
                                One thing I will say, is the Chargers should have addressed the RB position with a power runner. For as talented as Eckler is, he has never been the one to turn to, for churning out tough yards.....in fact it was Herbert tasked with that more often. I don't think the new RB offers anything more.
                                Overall it was a good draft for the Chargers, I just think they targeted the wrong RB.

There is going to be an upset fan base when their team doesn't make the playoffs. I expect 2 out of the AFCW. The back end of our schedule is going to determine our fate and the fate of those in our division. Should be an interesting year
                                Last edited by atwaterandstir; 05-18-2022, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X