The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    If questioning a coach who made their defense worse and was outcoached by an interim coach in a win and your in game is crazy then I am guilty!!!!
    no, you said he was a bad coach, you didn't just question him.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

One thing I will say, is the Chargers should have addressed the RB position with a power runner. For as talented as Eckler is, he has never been the one to turn to, for churning out tough yards.....in fact it was Herbert tasked with that more often. I don't think the new RB offers anything more.
      Overall it was a good draft for the Chargers, I just think they targeted the wrong RB.

There is going to be an upset fan base when their team doesn't make the playoffs. I expect 2 out of the AFCW. The back end of our schedule is going to determine our fate and the fate of those in our division. Should be an interesting year
      why don't you think the new RB adds anything more? it's not going to take a lot to improve upon what they had before. spiller is slow for a RB but he possesses good pass blocking skills as well as a proven weapon in the passing game in college. not to mention he played in the SEC against good competition behind a not-so-good OL.

he "should" be able to come in and spell AE on third down, something our other backs-ups just couldn't do.

I'm not sold on him yet but he's gotta be better than kelly who was another 4th round RB that just isn't cutting it.

the chargers do have a brutal schedule in the second half of the season. they are going to have to come out of the gate swinging if they want a chance to make the playoffs.
      they have the team to do it IMO.
      Last edited by baphamet; 05-18-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

except just can't win?
        are you talking about the broncos?

Comment

The Denver Broncos Roster brought back most the starters from the league's 3rd ranked scoring defense with additions of Edge Randy Gregory, Dlineman DJ Jones, LB Alex Singelton, and slot corner Kawaun Williams.
          Denver also gets back healthy ILB Josey Jewell, and Bradley Chubb who both missed most of the 2021 Season.
          First time DC Evero has a lot to prove, he will have a top 5 roster and the 36 years exp. of assistant Dom Capers.

Denver on Offense has brought in Russell Wilson and Coaches from the the leagues 10th raked offense in scoring and Yards ( and their Right Tackle).

The Broncos will change their offensive scheme and have upgraded on the oline, tight end, and QB

The return of KJ Hamler gives Denver a receiver to take the top off the defense and with Wilsons ability to throw the deep ball makes this offense on paper a scary group.

The Broncos biggest question is how good is their coaching staff and will they be able to get the everyone on the same page.

The way I view the AFC West is 4 very talented rosters!!!!! The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers all have made moves to level them up with KC. The Raiders and Broncos have the rosters to contend, but will their coaching staffs get the most out of them is the question!

The Chargers have a great roster, will their coach hold them back again is the question!!!!

The Chiefs have no coaching issues, they need to develop the young players they brough in and if they are successful they will stay on top another year.

the bronco's OL isn't great. the broncos barely addressed their OL, it wasn't enough to vastly improve on a very mediocre (but not bad) OL. nobody questions the chargers coach holding them back except you.

Comment

The chargers added even more depth to their DL today. just a complete revamp of their defense. It's almost as if Staley didn't have the pieces to run his defense in year one.

Comment

Broncos vs Chargers Roster breakdowns:
              Offense: Chargers
              Quarterback: Even
              This was could be argued either way. Wilson has been to the postseason 8 out of 10 seasons and Herbert is 0 for 2. Herbert has put up great stats his first two seasons but until he gets to the postseason and does something its a wash. Wilson also needs to prove he can win in Denver.

Runningbacks: Denver
              While Ekeler is the better receiver the Broncos have two backs that are better running the football, and that depth gives the Broncos an edge in my opinion.

Receivers: Chargers
              Allen and Mike Williams like Russell Wilson have proven on the field they are the better of these two groups. Denver has more depth and potential talent but until they prove it on the field it the Chargers.

Tight End: Even
              The Chargers brought in a journeyman tight end in Everett, Broncos have Albert O. Everett has started but Albert O has a much higher ceiling. I dont think either group is better at this time.

Tackles: Denver
              Rashawn Slater is the best of the group but Denver then has the next best 3. Bolles is not as good as Slater but he has been a pro bowler. Billy Turner started for the Packers at both tackle spots and Tom Compton was the 49ers starting right tackle on a playoff run that went to the NFC conference championship. He is the best run blocking tackle for both teams. Storm Norton is the weak link in the Chargers line.

Guards: Even
              Matt Feiler had a good year and I would rank him highest from performance and experience but Denver is very deep at this position. Glasgow, Risner, Meinerz, & Muti are all servicable starting guards in the NFl. Tom Compton if he loses out to Turner at Right Tackle will be in the mix as well. The Chargers in the draft did add two promising young rookie guards in Zion Johnson and Sawlyer from Georgia. Like the Broncos receivers you cant overrate guys on potential. So I will put this group as even.

Center: Chargers
              This one is easy. Corey Linsley is arguably the best center in the NFL period. Cushenberry is arguably the worst. Case closed

Last edited by 58Miller; 05-20-2022, 02:50 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Defense: Denver

Secondary: Even
                Broncos have the best Free Safety, the Chargers have the best Strong Safety. The Chargers have the best overall corner in Jackson but Denver has the better starting duo in Darby & Surtain. Denver moved on from Chargers new slot corner Bryce Callahan for a more durable and more physical player in Kawaun Williams. Denver's secondary has proven had good they Chargers have the potential to be better. I will call it even going into 2022.

Linebackers: Broncos
                Alex Singelton and Josey Jewell are better than Murray and Tranquill. I would argue broncos back ups Griffith and Browning are also better. And. This area of the chargers defense is where the Broncos will expose them in the run game and tight end and running back mismatches.

Edge: Chargers
                Mack and Bosa are not only better, but arguably the best pair in the league. The Brincos have improved as much as the Chargers in this area. They had a 7th rd pick Cooper and UDFA Reed starting at times last season. Getting a healthy Bradley Chubb back and the additions of Gregory and rooie Nick Bonito the broncos are much better than last season.

Defensive Line: Broncos
                I had to laugh when I heard how great Sebastian Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson are vs the run. DJ Jones was a better addition than both of them and he went to the Broncos. The Broncos already have Mike Purcell and Deshawn Williams all proven run stoppers. As far as getting after the QB from inside Dremont Jones has proven to be a better player than Jerry Tillery. The Broncos and Chargers have both added depth but DJ & Dremont Jones give the Broncos the clear win in this area.

sigpic

Comment

Those are my fair observations going into the season. Chargers have the slight edge despite the Broncos offensive additions, and the Broncos have the edge on defense despite the Chargers additions.
                  Should come down to how good the broncos new coaching staff can do!
                  sigpic

Comment

Kudos to RW for showing up at OTA’s. Normally that shouldn’t be a basis for recognition, but apparently some NFL QB’s no longer embrace leadership responsibilities.

Related note, I just saw Justin Herbert on ESPN - he looks down right pretty….

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      not as good as the chargers though!

IMO the chargers have the best roster in the division and arguably in the NFL......yes I said it. there is no unit on this team that isn't strong. maybe running back could be argued isn't deep but they did just draft a kid that could be decent. the chargers are also deeper now at multiple positions than they were before.

this is the best offseason in chargers history, they really are all in on winning a SB

this is not me saying they will for sure win the division, chargers always seem to charger after all! but talent-wise, no team in the division stacks up. (although it is still close)

let us see how the "herbert cant get to the playoffs after only his second season" narrative holds up this time when he actually has help in the other two phases of the game with a much-improved roster across the board.

AFC west fans right now looking at the chargers......

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c61c6398ef646e562954148da2dd4f4d8fb210ff&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g.gif
Views:	315
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	8415917
                      That's a lotta smack talkin' from a Bolt fan. How many of these do the Chargers have?

Comment

Originally posted by beemerboy View Post

That's a lotta smack talkin' from a Bolt fan. How many of these do the Chargers have?
                        nice one bro, never heard that one before!

if only past super bowls could help you win future games as well? If it did, the broncos would have made the playoffs in the last 6 tries since winning their last one.

Comment

Defense: Denver

Secondary: Even
                          Broncos have the best Free Safety, the Chargers have the best Strong Safety. The Chargers have the best overall corner in Jackson but Denver has the better starting duo in Darby & Surtain. Denver moved on from Chargers new slot corner Bryce Callahan for a more durable and more physical player in Kawaun Williams. Denver's secondary has proven had good they Chargers have the potential to be better. I will call it even going into 2022.
                          jackson/samuel jr/callahan/davis

all those dudes have been starters and have played at a high level. Davis, who is likely CB4 of the group, was CB1 heading into last year's TC. not to mention the ballhawk safety they drafted, nas, another ball hawk. the charger's secondary is the strongest position group on the team. QB's are going to have to be really careful with the football throwing it against that secondary.

no, the Broncos do not have a comparable secondary (still pretty good though). they have two very good players but they are nowhere near as deep as the chargers.

Linebackers: Broncos
                          Alex Singelton and Josey Jewell are better than Murray and Tranquill. I would argue broncos back ups Griffith and Browning are also better. And. This area of the chargers defense is where the Broncos will expose them in the run game and tight end and running back mismatches.
                          maybe but thats the leats important position group in staleys defense. they will be playing a lot of 5 man fronts with 4 DL and one ILB. the other guy next to him a lot of times will be derwin james. you will have joey bosa, khlil mack, and derwin james near the LOS A LOT and that has to be a scary sight for any QB.

Defensive Line: Broncos
                          I had to laugh when I heard how great Sebastian Joseph-Day and Austin Johnson are vs the run. DJ Jones was a better addition than both of them and he went to the Broncos. The Broncos already have Mike Purcell and Deshawn Williams all proven run stoppers. As far as getting after the QB from inside Dremont Jones has proven to be a better player than Jerry Tillery. The Broncos and Chargers have both added depth but DJ & Dremont Jones give the Broncos the clear win in this area.
                          you only laugh because you judge johnson based on the giant's TEAM defense, not his individual play, which is really dumb. then you credited SJD's success to playing with Donald yet somehow ignore the fact he will be playing next to bosa and mack. not to mention the fact that SJD has his best season under Staley.

i'll give you the interior DL since you conveniently take the edge out of the equation. however, the charger's front 7 as a whole, especially when you consider derwin will be a part of that quite a bit, is better IMO

Comment

all those dudes have been starters and have played at a high level. Davis, who is likely CB4 of the group, was CB1 heading into last year's TC. not to mention the ballhawk safety they drafted, nas, another ball hawk. the charger's secondary is the strongest position group on the team. QB's are going to have to be really careful with the football throwing it against that secondary.

no, the Broncos do not have a comparable secondary (still pretty good though). they have two very good players but they are nowhere near as deep as the chargers.

maybe but thats the leats important position group in staleys defense. they will be playing a lot of 5 man fronts with 4 DL and one ILB. the other guy next to him a lot of times will be derwin james. you will have joey bosa, khlil mack, and derwin james near the LOS A LOT and that has to be a scary sight for any QB.

you only laugh because you judge johnson based on the giant's TEAM defense, not his individual play, which is really dumb. then you credited SJD's success to playing with Donald yet somehow ignore the fact he will be playing next to bosa and mack. not to mention the fact that SJD has his best season under Staley.

i'll give you the interior DL since you conveniently take the edge out of the equation. however, the charger's front 7 as a whole, especially when you consider derwin will be a part of that quite a bit, is better IMO
                            Simmons and Surtain would walk into the Chargers locker room and take starting jobs immediately just like JC Jackson will do because the Chargers secondary was not very good last year besides Derwin James who is a great player. Kwaun Williams would compete and possibly take fhe slot job. Denver chose him over resigning Callahan. We seen Chris Harris go to the bolts and never regain the greaf play he did as a bronco.

Last season Denver with a very weak pass rush still statistically was better vs the pass than the bolts and now they will have a healthy Bradley Chubb, Randy Gregory, and Nik Bonito all upgrades in getting after the QB.
                            Last edited by 58Miller; 05-30-2022, 08:10 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

DJ and Dremont Jones would both start on your team! DJ Jones is a better run stopper than SJD & Johnson. Dremont is a better pass rusher than any of your interior guys. That is why the Broncos line is the better group.
                              sigpic

Comment

nice one bro, never heard that one before!

if only past super bowls could help you win future games as well? If it did, the broncos would have made the playoffs in the last 6 tries since winning their last one.
                                Where you've been in life often is a predictor of where you'll go in the future hence my comment. I think it's called "culture" and the Chargers are lacking.

Comment

Working...
                                X