The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beemerboy View Post

Where you've been in life often is a predictor of where you'll go in the future hence my comment. I think it's called "culture" and the Chargers are lacking.
    "Where you've been in life often is a predictor of where you'll go in the future" says who?

you might want to go talk to the patriots, saints, bucks, and seahawks about that. oh and every single person in real life who came from nothing and became a sucsess story.

besides, the chargers have indeed changed their culture. It starts with bradon staley but it also is telling about the moves they have made this off-season, something they just don't do and have not done in the 40 years ive been a fan.

you will see.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Simmons and Surtain would walk into the Chargers locker room and take starting jobs immediately just like JC Jackson will do because the Chargers secondary was not very good last year besides Derwin James who is a great player. Kwaun Williams would compete and possibly take fhe slot job. Denver chose him over resigning Callahan. We seen Chris Harris go to the bolts and never regain the greaf play he did as a bronco.

Last season Denver with a very weak pass rush still statistically was better vs the pass than the bolts and now they will have a healthy Bradley Chubb, Randy Gregory, and Nik Bonito all upgrades in getting after the QB.

see the underlined? It's funny when you talk about the chargers it's how they were last year but when talking about the broncos it's the additions they made to be even better this year.

I've been trying to tell you all off-season that the charger's defense has been rebuilt from the bottom up. the front 7 alone only has 2 starters returning. also, most of the additions have been in this system who Staley already knows and has coached before.

the chargers were beaten up in the secondary last year, even though some players were not good as well. Asante Samuel was good when he didn't have a concussion, nas adderly was decent, even though he dropped a lot of int's

I don't think you understand what the additions to the secondary does for Brandon staleys defense. it doesn't just add depth and talent, that depth allows Staley to use derwin james the way he wants. He's literally building the defense around Derwin James like a team would build around a QB.

this allows derwin to play all over the field and close to the LOS often (his strength and what made him all pro his rookie season). this means that QB's on passing downs will not only have to account for bosa and mack, but also derwin james at the LOS. That's a sight that no QB wants to see.

but keep talking about things you don't understand, keep talking about last year as if that's the defense you're going to be facing this year. you will find out soon enough.

Comment

It does suck a little that the Chargers went offensive line in the 1st and went with a more sure thing than Penning. I thought it was a better pick than the receivers or corners on the board. That said, I'm at least glad they didn't get Jordan Davis. The other pick that bothers me was the Spiller pick. Their running game is significantly improved from last year. They kind of got a discount, I think, on Salyer. I guess they'll give him a go at RT. Could end up being a great pick as well. If Horvath makes the team as a special teamer, he's going to wind up being a situational player, and a problem on their offense. His ability as a receiver and short yardage runner would enhance LA's red zone offense. Then, of course you've got the big splurge in FA and the trade.

A lot of people see LA as paper champs in the West. I get that. I think Herbert's going to be a better QB than Rivers, and he's ascending. That Raiders game last year was one of the 3 or 4 best games I saw a QB play all season (the rest were probably Josh Allen). He still lost to Derek Carr and the luck pirates, because Chargers gotta Charger. I won't sleep on them this year. I won't pretend that Josh McDaniels isn't one of the best offensive minds in the league either. He has the best compliment of weapons he's had at his disposal since Randy Moss. His QB might be David Carr's little brother, but I won't fool myself here and pretend he's not a good QB. He's more than good enough to win this division with the team LV has assembled.

I'm not going to talk about the Chiefs, because screw the Chiefs. Don't know how this is going to play out, but I know one thing for damn. Denver is where legends go to win SBs. It's a force of nature. Maybe not this year or the next, but it's written. Maktub.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

see the underlined? It's funny when you talk about the chargers it's how they were last year but when talking about the broncos it's the additions they made to be even better this year.

I've been trying to tell you all off-season that the charger's defense has been rebuilt from the bottom up. the front 7 alone only has 2 starters returning. also, most of the additions have been in this system who Staley already knows and has coached before.

the chargers were beaten up in the secondary last year, even though some players were not good as well. Asante Samuel was good when he didn't have a concussion, nas adderly was decent, even though he dropped a lot of int's

I don't think you understand what the additions to the secondary does for Brandon staleys defense. it doesn't just add depth and talent, that depth allows Staley to use derwin james the way he wants. He's literally building the defense around Derwin James like a team would build around a QB.

this allows derwin to play all over the field and close to the LOS often (his strength and what made him all pro his rookie season). this means that QB's on passing downs will not only have to account for bosa and mack, but also derwin james at the LOS. That's a sight that no QB wants to see.

but keep talking about things you don't understand, keep talking about last year as if that's the defense you're going to be facing this year. you will find out soon enough.
          Chargers defense will be the 85 bears, Denver on the other hand made your QB look like a back up will take a step back despite upgrades on the DLine, edge, and linebacker. Oh and their QB wont have a chance against your defense, Got it!!!! 👍🏻
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            It does suck a little that the Chargers went offensive line in the 1st and went with a more sure thing than Penning. I thought it was a better pick than the receivers or corners on the board. That said, I'm at least glad they didn't get Jordan Davis. The other pick that bothers me was the Spiller pick. Their running game is significantly improved from last year. They kind of got a discount, I think, on Salyer. I guess they'll give him a go at RT. Could end up being a great pick as well. If Horvath makes the team as a special teamer, he's going to wind up being a situational player, and a problem on their offense. His ability as a receiver and short yardage runner would enhance LA's red zone offense. Then, of course you've got the big splurge in FA and the trade.

A lot of people see LA as paper champs in the West. I get that. I think Herbert's going to be a better QB than Rivers, and he's ascending. That Raiders game last year was one of the 3 or 4 best games I saw a QB play all season (the rest were probably Josh Allen). He still lost to Derek Carr and the luck pirates, because Chargers gotta Charger. I won't sleep on them this year. I won't pretend that Josh McDaniels isn't one of the best offensive minds in the league either. He has the best compliment of weapons he's had at his disposal since Randy Moss. His QB might be David Carr's little brother, but I won't fool myself here and pretend he's not a good QB. He's more than good enough to win this division with the team LV has assembled.

I'm not going to talk about the Chiefs, because screw the Chiefs. Don't know how this is going to play out, but I know one thing for damn. Denver is where legends go to win SBs. It's a force of nature. Maybe not this year or the next, but it's written. Maktub.
            you have done your homework. Salyer might be in the mix at RT but I view him as a depth piece at the moment. I also view him more as a guard but he will get his chance in TC for sure. I think pipkins, the busted LT, will have a good chance to secure that position. he played really well down the stretch last season. I'm hopeful he's turned the corner and can become a decent RT for us.

I think spiller is going to be in line for their RB2 and short yardage role. he was also very dependable catching balls out of the backfield in college. we will see though, he doesn't have a lot of competition there so that's pretty much his job to lose.

yeah, Horvath is going to need to be good on ST's and clearly beat out Gabe Nabers for the FB position to make the team IMO. nabers is herbert's best friend on the team and roommate, relationships are a big part of the culture Brandon Staley is implementing. but nabers is a nonfactor on ST's.

I'm pulling for Horvath though, he looks the part, that's for sure.

Comment

Chargers defense will be the 85 bears, Denver on the other hand made your QB look like a back up will take a step back despite upgrades on the DLine, edge, and linebacker. Oh and their QB wont have a chance against your defense, Got it!!!! 👍🏻
              I knew this was the type of ignorant response I would get, you are so predictable. rather than actually debate me you decide to put words in my mouth. me saying the chargers defense is being rebuilt and slightly better on paper than the broncos defense is not me saying they are the 85 bears and I never said the Denver defense would take a step back, although they could due to the coaching change.

IMO the broncos should be a really good team, they may end up winning the division. but when I look at the rosters, I see a slight advantage for the chargers.

Last edited by baphamet; 06-02-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-power-r...he-2023-season

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...XT6VJ#image=32

https://nypost.com/2022/05/29/the-po...afc-dominates/

https://fansided.com/betsided/posts/...-eagles-rising

these are just opinions and we have seen the chargers be pre-season favorites before. but this year is different than all others in terms of building a team to compete for a SB. ive said before that if the defense isn't top 10 in all major categories then it's a failure. I also see the offense top 5 easily but probably top 3.

this is Herbert's first year since HS that he's been in the same offensive system two years in a row. they were a top 4 offense last year, they will be even better this year IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

I knew this was the type of ignorant response I would get, you are so predictable. rather than actually debate me you decide to put words in my mouth. me saying the chargers defense is being rebuilt and slightly better on paper than the broncos defense is not me saying they are the 85 bears and I never said the Denver defense would take a step back, although they could due to the coaching change.

IMO the broncos should be a really good team, they may end up winning the division. but when I look at the rosters, I see a slight advantage for the chargers.

The difference between us is, I am going off what I know. I know Denver had the better defense last year the Chargers had the better offense. I havent said Denver will have a top offense, you are pounding your chest after your team added a former DPOY in Mack who missed 11 games last year and JC Jackson who got torched by Josh Allen and Diggs in the playoffs, not to mention he benefited by playing in Bellichecks system.
                  Your giving Austin Johnson and Sebastian Day way to much credit in my opinion but hey we can revisit and see who is right and who is wrong when they actually step foot on the field.

sigpic

Comment

The difference between us is, I am going off what I know. I know
                    That isn't a whole lot, is it? the problem is, you don't know much if anything about what's being built in LA. I go off what I know, which is why I express my opinions in full detail.

Denver had the better defense last year the Chargers had the better offense.
                    LAST YEAR DOESN'T MATTER FOR BOTH TEAMS.

the chargers are not rolling out the same defense as last year and the Broncos don't have garbage ass drew lock under center.

I havent said Denver will have a top offense, you are pounding your chest after your team added a former DPOY in Mack who missed 11 games last year and JC Jackson who got torched by Josh Allen and Diggs in the playoffs, not to mention he benefited by playing in Bellichecks system.
                    mack had 6 sacks in 7 games last season. don't act as if he's been injury-prone, while you pump up chubb (pun intended) who actually has been injury prone. jc jackson was second-team all-pro last season. miss me with that cherry-picking bull crap.....I could do the same with Wilson or any player on your team.

Jackson is going to be asked to do the exact same thing in this defense as he did in NE. this is from a patriots writer from https://www.patspulpit.com/

Jackson comes from a press-man scheme in New England, that featured a lot of single-high safety looks and put him on an island versus the opponents’ number one receiver. He showed that he can play that role successfully, which leads me to believe that the Chargers should not have to shy away from using him in a similar fashion.One thing the Patriots are above all else, however, is versatile. They move between zone and man, single-high, two-high, Cover 0, you name it.The Chargers, as far as I can tell, are also willing to change or disguise their looks on a regular basis; that’s what you can do when you have some A-grade safeties such as Derwin James. Because of this I think Jackson that Jackson is a good fit: he has shown that he can carry out various assignments.That said, the key in all of this will be to use him according to his strengths — most prominently his physicality and reactionary skills. If Staley and Renaldo Hill do that, I am not worried about Jackson making a positive impact right away.
                    that is exactly what the chargers want to do with Jackson.....leave him on an island against their opponent's best receiver. this is an element they just didn't have last year, the same element Staley had with the rams.

Your giving Austin Johnson and Sebastian Day way to much credit in my opinion but hey we can revisit and see who is right and who is wrong when they actually step foot on the field.
                    I give them credit as good run stoppers, which they are. yeah, the chargers will still lack a good interior pass rush but this fixes their biggest weakness on defense. If they stop the run and get teams into more third and longs, that will allow bosa, mack, and James to really get after the QB.

oh and they will be blizing those three guys up the middle as well, not just off the edge.

maybe you should try to actually have a clue about what you're talking about before opening your mouth? you say you go off what you know but you don't seem to know jack crap.
                    Last edited by baphamet; 06-02-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post

That isn't a whole lot, is it? the problem is, you don't know much if anything about what's being built in LA. I go off what I know, which is why I express my opinions in full detail.

the chargers are not rolling out the same defense as last year and the Broncos don't have garbage ass drew lock under center.

mack had 6 sacks in 7 games last season. don't act as if he's been injury-prone, while you pump up chubb (pun intended) who actually has been injury prone. jc jackson was second-team all-pro last season. miss me with that cherry-picking bull crap.....I could do the same with Wilson or any player on your team.

Jackson is going to be asked to do the exact same thing in this defense as he did in NE. this is from a patriots writer from https://www.patspulpit.com/

that is exactly what the chargers want to do with Jackson.....leave him on an island against their opponent's best receiver. this is an element they just didn't have last year, the same element Staley had with the rams.

I give them credit as good run stoppers, which they are. yeah, the chargers will still lack a good interior pass rush but this fixes their biggest weakness on defense. If they stop the run and get teams into more third and longs, that will allow bosa, mack, and James to really get after the QB.

oh and they will be blizing those three guys up the middle as well, not just off the edge.

maybe you should try to actually have a clue about what you're talking about before opening your mouth? you say you go off what you know but you don't seem to know jack crap.
                      I know that 5 of Jacksons 8 ints's came against the Jets and Sam Darnold (panthers).

I also know in a big game Jackson didnt shutdown Diggs!

probably the reason the Pats let him walk.

Of the guys you brought in Mack if healthy is great player, he immediately becomes your best pass rusher.
                      Like I said before SJD team didnt miss a beat after he was out for the year. And AustinJohnsons defense allowed 129 yds rushing a game, Denver had 165 yds vs him. DJ Jones was the elite run stopper in free agency and he is a Bronco!
                      sigpic

Comment

Blitzing Russell Wilson isnt smart sounds like something Staley would do 😂
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Blitzing Russell Wilson isnt smart sounds like something Staley would do 😂
                          what I find absolute comic gold is you of all people questioning someones intelligence
                          Last edited by baphamet; 06-02-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

what I find absolute comic gold is you of all people questioning someones intelligence
                            A fanboy like you who defends a coach who went for it at his own 18 yard line shouldn't be allowed to discuss subjects like intelligence.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

A fanboy like you who defends a coach who went for it at his own 18 yard line shouldn't be allowed to discuss subjects like intelligence.
                              oh the proof is in the pudding. ive never had an intelligent football convo with you, it's not even possible.

Comment

• alright, 58troller. I'm done being trolled for the day. have fun swimming in your delusions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	21
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	8417788

Comment

Working...
                                X