The broncos have a good roster......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post

oh the proof is in the pudding. ive never had an intelligent football convo with you, it's not even possible.
    I'm into to winning and your into making excuses and spinning your opinions. For example you bang your chest telling us all how we should be scared of your team and how their roster is the best ,.......BUT !!!! They might not win the division 😂
    You run your mouth but never have a clear take. Ask an intelligent question and I will give you an intelligent response.
    sigpic

Comment

alright, 58troller. I'm done being trolled for the day. have fun swimming in your delusions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tenor.gif Views:	0 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	8417788
      Is that what your analytic guy told you?

When the going gets tough, Baphs gets gone real quick!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	1C929DF1-F977-40E5-8779-E58EACE93DD5.gif
Views:	20
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	8417794
      Last edited by 58Miller; 06-02-2022, 06:59 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

you have done your homework. Salyer might be in the mix at RT but I view him as a depth piece at the moment. I also view him more as a guard but he will get his chance in TC for sure. I think pipkins, the busted LT, will have a good chance to secure that position. he played really well down the stretch last season. I'm hopeful he's turned the corner and can become a decent RT for us.

I think spiller is going to be in line for their RB2 and short yardage role. he was also very dependable catching balls out of the backfield in college. we will see though, he doesn't have a lot of competition there so that's pretty much his job to lose.

yeah, Horvath is going to need to be good on ST's and clearly beat out Gabe Nabers for the FB position to make the team IMO. nabers is herbert's best friend on the team and roommate, relationships are a big part of the culture Brandon Staley is implementing. but nabers is a nonfactor on ST's.

I'm pulling for Horvath though, he looks the part, that's for sure.
        I wanted the Broncos to take Spiller where the Chargers got him before Gordon re-signed. I liked Horvath too, but I thought he'd be an UDFA. I like who they drafted instead, and I like the Allen signing. Alternatively, I would've been okay with drafting Allen and signing Mario Goodrich (or vice versa) , but Hicks is better purely as a cover guy, and he might be better as a slot contender. I know why Mario didn't get drafted, unless he was hurt. He's not very explosive athletically, and he doesn't have great long speed. Philly gave Goodrich a huge UDFA contract anyway. I'll say it now though, whether they convert him to safety or not, he's going to play in the NFL at some point. I feel the same way about Horvath.

Honestly, Idk why nobody's talking about Samuel Jr. He was good last year. I was talking about this when I was talking about Roger McCreary. The main thing with him was he's a little guy. LA played him in off coverage a lot, and I'm pretty sure he had a higher PFF grade than Surtain before he got hurt. For whatever PFF grades are worth, I guess. I don't put a lot of stock into them.

I'm not going to sit here and play roster analytics, because I know LA has a good ass roster. I like the QB we got though. Always have. Even when they beat us in the SB, I was talking about how efficient Russell Wilson was while many fans in here were writing him off as a jag who was being propped up by a good team. No offense to Herbert, but I like our guy. I hope Hackett and the Broncos can finally do him justice.

Comment

• I thought I'd just do the PFF "on paper" player vs. player ranks..... I took the PFF grade from last season and did an average score on their projected starters. Of course grades for some are from other teams and coaching staff, and also may be affected by loss of playing time last year due to injury. Also these are the PFF projected starters and players may have split time last year with others, so they may not be the best at showing what this year may show as some may be more prominent at their positions this season. Denver shows a 3-4 with 2 CB's and LAC shows a 4-3 (with 3 cb's) so I ran the numbers as such.

I know PFF grades are one basis on players and teams, but I thought I'd do this for fun.

Safety (Adv. LAC)
          Denver - Simmons 74.8 Jackson 52.0 (Avg. 63.1)
          LAC - Adderley 66.2 James 78.1 (Avg. 72.15)

Cornerback (Adv. LAC)
          Denver - Darby 61.1 Surtain 66.1 (Avg. 63.6)
          LAC - Jackson 78.9 Samuel Jr. 56.4 Callahan 60.0 (Avg. 65.1)

ILB (Adv. Denver)
          Denver - Jewell 83.5 Singleton 54.1 (Avg. 68.8)
          LAC - Murray 34.0 Tranquill 64.6 (Avg. 49.3)

OLB/Edge (Adv. LAC)
          Denver - Chubb 45.0 Gregory 67.3 (Avg. 56.15)
          LAC - Bosa 85.8 Mack 73.0 (Avg. 79.4)

D-Line (Adv. Denver)
          Denver - DJ Jones 73.7 Purcell 64.3 Dre'Mont Jones 57.8 (Avg. 65.27)
          LAC - Fox 55.7 Joseph-Day 61.5 (Avg. 58.6)

Whole Defense Average PFF grade
          Denver - 63.61
          LAC - 64.93

"On paper" the whole defensive grades are extremely close and this really means nothing for this year, but the back and forth is silly. Everything is projection right now. We'll see as the season unfolds where everyone is. It's going to be one hell of a season in the AFC West and will be fun to watch. Wouldn't it be crazy if every single team in the West splits?!?! Home team wins each game!!! If that would happen, the strength of schedule could actually mean something!!!
          sigpic

Comment

alright, 58troller. I'm done being trolled for the day. have fun swimming in your delusions.

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	21
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	8417788
            Pot calling the kettle here. It's time to leave your parent's basement and get some sun, troll. Over and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by beemerboy View Post

Pot calling the kettle here. It's time to leave your parent's basement and get some sun, troll. Over and out.
              Baphs troll doll available now!

Name:	62903300-D1B8-4813-BD17-C68A0E4E974B.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	8417838
              Great chew toy for your dog, or pin to your dart board and let the darts fly!
              Get one baphs troll doll and get a baphs crying poster 1/2 off:

Name:	C213BD20-4979-44C0-BEC7-81CF38D865E4.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	8417839
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beemerboy View Post

you literally just signed up to this website. don't speak on things you know nothing about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post
                  I thought I'd just do the PFF "on paper" player vs. player ranks..... I took the PFF grade from last season and did an average score on their projected starters. Of course grades for some are from other teams and coaching staff, and also may be affected by loss of playing time last year due to injury. Also these are the PFF projected starters and players may have split time last year with others, so they may not be the best at showing what this year may show as some may be more prominent at their positions this season. Denver shows a 3-4 with 2 CB's and LAC shows a 4-3 (with 3 cb's) so I ran the numbers as such.

I know PFF grades are one basis on players and teams, but I thought I'd do this for fun.

Safety (Adv. LAC)
                  Denver - Simmons 74.8 Jackson 52.0 (Avg. 63.1)
                  LAC - Adderley 66.2 James 78.1 (Avg. 72.15)

Cornerback (Adv. LAC)
                  Denver - Darby 61.1 Surtain 66.1 (Avg. 63.6)
                  LAC - Jackson 78.9 Samuel Jr. 56.4 Callahan 60.0 (Avg. 65.1)

ILB (Adv. Denver)
                  Denver - Jewell 83.5 Singleton 54.1 (Avg. 68.8)
                  LAC - Murray 34.0 Tranquill 64.6 (Avg. 49.3)

OLB/Edge (Adv. LAC)
                  Denver - Chubb 45.0 Gregory 67.3 (Avg. 56.15)
                  LAC - Bosa 85.8 Mack 73.0 (Avg. 79.4)

D-Line (Adv. Denver)
                  Denver - DJ Jones 73.7 Purcell 64.3 Dre'Mont Jones 57.8 (Avg. 65.27)
                  LAC - Fox 55.7 Joseph-Day 61.5 (Avg. 58.6)

Whole Defense Average PFF grade
                  Denver - 63.61
                  LAC - 64.93

"On paper" the whole defensive grades are extremely close and this really means nothing for this year, but the back and forth is silly. Everything is projection right now. We'll see as the season unfolds where everyone is. It's going to be one hell of a season in the AFC West and will be fun to watch. Wouldn't it be crazy if every single team in the West splits?!?! Home team wins each game!!! If that would happen, the strength of schedule could actually mean something!!!
                  pff power rankings:

5. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

7. DENVER BRONCOS

if you actually read my posts I'm saying it is indeed close, that's what ive been saying this entire time. the back and forth is always dumb when it involves a certain poster. I welcome actual debate here, it's something to talk about during a boring off-season.

not only that but considering the chargers NEVER have had an off-season like this before, I'm pretty stoked for the season.

Comment

pff power rankings:

5. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

7. DENVER BRONCOS

if you actually read my posts I'm saying it is indeed close, that's what ive been saying this entire time. the back and forth is always dumb when it involves a certain poster. I welcome actual debate here, it's something to talk about during a boring off-season.

not only that but considering the chargers NEVER have had an off-season like this before, I'm pretty stoked for the season.
                    Did you take my post as shot across your bow??? We've had good debates in the past. As you saw. I said it was just for fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I wanted the Broncos to take Spiller where the Chargers got him before Gordon re-signed. I liked Horvath too, but I thought he'd be an UDFA. I like who they drafted instead, and I like the Allen signing. Alternatively, I would've been okay with drafting Allen and signing Mario Goodrich (or vice versa) , but Hicks is better purely as a cover guy, and he might be better as a slot contender. I know why Mario didn't get drafted, unless he was hurt. He's not very explosive athletically, and he doesn't have great long speed. Philly gave Goodrich a huge UDFA contract anyway. I'll say it now though, whether they convert him to safety or not, he's going to play in the NFL at some point. I feel the same way about Horvath.

Honestly, Idk why nobody's talking about Samuel Jr. He was good last year. I was talking about this when I was talking about Roger McCreary. The main thing with him was he's a little guy. LA played him in off coverage a lot, and I'm pretty sure he had a higher PFF grade than Surtain before he got hurt. For whatever PFF grades are worth, I guess. I don't put a lot of stock into them.

I'm not going to sit here and play roster analytics, because I know LA has a good ass roster. I like the QB we got though. Always have. Even when they beat us in the SB, I was talking about how efficient Russell Wilson was while many fans in here were writing him off as a jag who was being propped up by a good team. No offense to Herbert, but I like our guy. I hope Hackett and the Broncos can finally do him justice.
                      I don't blame broncos fans for being stoked with Wilson, he was a huge upgrade for you guys, I get it. but I wouldn't trade herbert for any player in the league. remember, this is now his third year, the year josh allen finally became good and the year most young QB's start to play to their potential. not only that but this is the first year since he was in high school that he's been in the same system two years in a row. (an amazing fact IMO considering how good he's been)

he actually gets to work on other things like how defenses are playing him and fundamentals more than always learning a new playbook. but yeah, like I said the two teams are definitely close. the only question I have with the broncos at this point is how smooth the transition will be with the new coaching staff.

If everything comes together for them like broncos fans are hoping, they will be a threat for the division and true SB contenders.
                      Last edited by baphamet; 06-03-2022, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stackhouser View Post

Did you take my post as shot across your bow??? We've had good debates in the past. As you saw. I said it was just for fun.
                        nah it's all good I was just reiterating. you are one of my favorites to debate here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Is that what your analytic guy told you?

When the going gets tough, Baphs gets gone real quick!

Name:	1C929DF1-F977-40E5-8779-E58EACE93DD5.gif
Views:	20
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	8417794
                          sorry, I don't have endless amounts of time to feed you attention. besides, I'd rather spend time here debating with knowledgeable broncos fans, you are and always have been a huge waste of my time here........even though it's quite fun smacking you down.

it will be fun letting you have it this fall because you have said a lot of dumb and outlandish stuff this off-season, thats what trrollers do though i guess?

Comment

sorry, I don't have endless amounts of time to feed you attention. besides, I'd rather spend time here debating with knowledgeable broncos fans, you are and always have been a huge waste of my time here........even though it's quite fun smacking you down.

it will be fun letting you have it this fall because you have said a lot of dumb and outlandish stuff this off-season, thats what trrollers do though i guess?
                            I see your steal all up in your feelings abouf my comments:
                            1. on Staley! Costing your team a shot at the playoffs
                            2. Oh and the fact I dont think your roster is better than Denver's .
                            3. And that I think Herbert should lead a team to the playoffs before he is considered elite!

Yes if those are my opinions!!! Deal with it Sunshine!!!!

Last edited by 58Miller; 06-03-2022, 05:01 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              I see your steal all up in your feelings abouf my comments:
                              1. on Staley! Costing your team a shot at the playoffs
                              2. Oh and the fact I dont think your roster is better than Denver's .
                              3. And that I think Herbert should lead a team to the playoffs before he is considered elite!

Yes if those are my opinions!!! Deal with it Sunshine!!!!
                              I have all the receipts and let me tell ya, you have said a lot of crazy-ass things this off season that are based 100% on football ignorance

Comment

I have all the receipts and let me tell ya, you have said a lot of crazy-ass things this off season that are based 100% on football ignorance
                                List them, so I can sign off on them! I'm not like you baphs I have no problem going all in!
                                This thread is a perfect example of your spineless double talk! Broncos have a good roster but Chargers HAVE the best in the league, BUT Im not saying they are going to win the division!!!
                                That is how you say a lot and nothing at the same time!!!

Name:	109828DD-8672-485C-895E-27726AD7D235.png
Views:	15
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	8417888
                                Last edited by 58Miller; 06-03-2022, 06:32 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X