X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Learn what? Last time we had a franchise we owned the division.
    We still owned the Chargers and during all that time Chargers haven't done crap ( also they have a losing record vs Denver ?)
    not smart enough to see the point I made? doesn't surprise me

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by DwhitetheGamer View Post
    Nothing wrong with smack talk, but the real fun begins in September.

Good luck, Baphamet.
    I'm not even talking smack though really lol

58miller is, talking crazy as hell.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post

SJD dominated under Staley. the front 7 as a whole is better than Denver's front 7 IMO but it's pretty close.

A much different situation. the chargers purposely didn't change a lot when Lynn was hired. they did this because that was the year they moved to LA and wanted a relatively smooth transition. Staley was brought in and he changed everything. sometimes you have to look beyond stat sheets and win-loss records, especially when so much got changed and it's just one year.

If you just look at wins and losses and ignore every other quality of a HC, norv turner is the best HC in chargers history.

it doesn't matter dude, you will see soon enough what I'm talking about. There's no point in me kicking knowledge to a dude who won't read or comprehend it anyways.
    Baphs save your excuses!!! When Staley doesnt blow it and actually makes the playoffs pat yourself on the back, until then he is the reason yall missed the playoffs and your defense was worse under him and he is supposed to be a defensive coach.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

yet didn't learn from that, did you?
    Learn what? Last time we had a franchise we owned the division.
    We still owned the Chargers and during all that time Chargers haven't done crap ( also they have a losing record vs Denver ?)

Leave a comment:

• DwhitetheGamer
    replied
    Nothing wrong with smack talk, but the real fun begins in September.

Good luck, Baphamet.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    True! And we were wrong!!!!
    yet didn't learn from that, did you?

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    SJD got injured and was out for the year, Greg Gaines replaced him and the defense didn't miss a beat!!! Probably why the Rams didnt try to bring him back. Also the Broncos DC was with the Rams last year and the Broncos signed DJ Jones instead of SJD!
    SJD , Tillery & Johnson would all be back ups in Denver!!!!
    SJD dominated under Staley. the front 7 as a whole is better than Denver's front 7 IMO but it's pretty close.

Chargers defense was worse under Staley last year from 2020 to 2021. If they improve this year I will give him credit, but I'm not gonna crown him like you, he hasn't achieved anything! ......Except losing to the Raiders in a win and your in game! Dude went for it at his own 18, resulting in a fg for Vegas and the Chargers lost by fg. Sorry I dont view that is as a great coach!
    Anthony Lyn lead the chargers to a 9 win season his first year as well, the following season he won 12 games. Staley better at least match that this year before calling him the beat HC since Marty! He has way more talent than Lynn.
    A much different situation. the chargers purposely didn't change a lot when Lynn was hired. they did this because that was the year they moved to LA and wanted a relatively smooth transition. Staley was brought in and he changed everything. sometimes you have to look beyond stat sheets and win-loss records, especially when so much got changed and it's just one year.

If you just look at wins and losses and ignore every other quality of a HC, norv turner is the best HC in chargers history.

it doesn't matter dude, you will see soon enough what I'm talking about. There's no point in me kicking knowledge to a dude who won't read or comprehend it anyways.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

he's the best HC the chargers have had since marty, which is saying a lot coming from me because i liked norv. I get it, you are talking on things you know nothing about like usual. we can revisit this later in the season and talk about how ignorant you are.

nobody said that Gregory wasn't a solid addition. you're talking to a Nebraska fan here, I want him to be good. but Gregory and chubb just are not on the same level of mack and bosa IMO. if both are healthy I don't think there is a better edge combo in the NFL.

the fact that you think this is a legit argument makes me laugh

bro, austin johnson was just one guy on a bad team. he himself was top 15 in run-stopping efficiency. That's like saying joey bosa sucks at run defense because the defense he was on was bad against the run.

with SJD, yes he played next to Donald but Donald didn't make the plays for him did he? he was still good against the run and got off his blocks to makes plays. He's not going to see a lot of double teams in pass-rush situations in this defense either with both bosa and mack on the edges demanding all of the attention.

it's hilarious that you think Donald helped his game but bosa and mack combined on the edges somehow won't

not only that, Staley coached him and knows him. he also had his best season under Staley. all stuff you're clearly oblivious to yet still run your mouth like you know.

what I know is you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the things you write here. the charger's run defense will absolutely be better this season and to be honest, it got a lot better last season as the season went on even with the garbage DL.

like i said, keep talking. receipts have been saved.

SJD got injured and was out for the year, Greg Gaines replaced him and the defense didn't miss a beat!!! Probably why the Rams didnt try to bring him back. Also the Broncos DC was with the Rams last year and the Broncos signed DJ Jones instead of SJD!
    SJD , Tillery & Johnson would all be back ups in Denver!!!!
    Chargers defense was worse under Staley last year from 2020 to 2021. If they improve this year I will give him credit, but I'm not gonna crown him like you, he hasn't achieved anything! ......Except losing to the Raiders in a win and your in game! Dude went for it at his own 18, resulting in a fg for Vegas and the Chargers lost by fg. Sorry I dont view that is as a great coach!
    Anthony Lyn lead the chargers to a 9 win season his first year as well, the following season he won 12 games. Staley better at least match that this year before calling him the beat HC since Marty! He has way more talent than Lynn.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 05-17-2022, 11:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

broncos fans after manning retires:

"we can literally plug any QB in and win the SB!"
    True! And we were wrong!!!!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    So a defensive coach who takes over and your defense is worse is good?

They missed the playoffs because of him!
    he's the best HC the chargers have had since marty, which is saying a lot coming from me because i liked norv. I get it, you are talking on things you know nothing about like usual. we can revisit this later in the season and talk about how ignorant you are.

Mack like Russell Wilson is a great player and will improve his team at his position for sure.

Randy Gregory has never played at Macks level but he is a solid run defender as well.
    nobody said that Gregory wasn't a solid addition. you're talking to a Nebraska fan here, I want him to be good. but Gregory and chubb just are not on the same level of mack and bosa IMO. if both are healthy I don't think there is a better edge combo in the NFL.

Denver is gonna run the ball even more under Hackett. Keeping guys like Mack and Bosa from flying into the backfield you gotta keep them honest with the run game.

GB had no problem running agaisnt Mack last year on the Bears and Denver ran the ball on your run stuffer Austin Johnson for 165 yards. Wishful thinking to say your gonna stop the run all the sudden. You guys do have better players but your scheme also matters and I dont doubt Macks ability, I dont trust Staley, dude is trying to hard to be smarter than everyone.
    the fact that you think this is a legit argument makes me laugh

bro, austin johnson was just one guy on a bad team. he himself was top 15 in run-stopping efficiency. That's like saying joey bosa sucks at run defense because the defense he was on was bad against the run.

with SJD, yes he played next to Donald but Donald didn't make the plays for him did he? he was still good against the run and got off his blocks to makes plays. He's not going to see a lot of double teams in pass-rush situations in this defense either with both bosa and mack on the edges demanding all of the attention.

it's hilarious that you think Donald helped his game but bosa and mack combined on the edges somehow won't

not only that, Staley coached him and knows him. he also had his best season under Staley. all stuff you're clearly oblivious to yet still run your mouth like you know.

what I know is you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you actually believe the things you write here. the charger's run defense will absolutely be better this season and to be honest, it got a lot better last season as the season went on even with the garbage DL.

like i said, keep talking. receipts have been saved.

Last edited by baphamet; 05-17-2022, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Yessir!!!!!
    Stafford put the Rams over the top

Brady went to the Bucs and they not only became a playoff team but a SB champ!

Burrow in a couple of years took the worst team in the NFL to a SB.

We went from having the worst QB in the division to the QB with the Most playoff wins (9) and a guy who ties the top guy with a SB ring and two conference titles.

The other two QB's have zero playoff wins and one of them hasnt even made the playoffs before ( he is no Joe Burrow)!
    broncos fans after manning retires:

"we can literally plug any QB in and win the SB!"

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Nobody outside of Cleveland made a bigger move at the the top position than Denver. Signing Defensive guys is always a nice headline and drafting new guys always gives hope, but the QB is the one that affects the game more than anyone.
    In the AFCW there are new faces who will no doubt make a few extra plays, but none with the impact of a top QB.
    Our team nailed the off season by trading for Wilson.
    the chargers already had their QB though lol

they had really bad ST's and defense. offensively they are good to go, especially if their new RB does alright. like I said before, now Staley has the pieces to run his defense the way he wants. If this defense isn't at minimum top 10 in the league this season, it will be a failure.

I do see the optimism with the broncos, they will likely be a well-rounded team. but there is a lot of change in Denver this off-season. a new QB, new HC and new play-callers on both sides of the ball. to expect the Broncos to add RW and the rest of the team to not miss a beat is a little naive.

I'm guessing there could be growing pains early but we will see. I just personally think the chargers have the best roster right now in the division overall. it's close and arguable though like I said before.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Nobody outside of Cleveland made a bigger move at the the top position than Denver. Signing Defensive guys is always a nice headline and drafting new guys always gives hope, but the QB is the one that affects the game more than anyone.
    In the AFCW there are new faces who will no doubt make a few extra plays, but none with the impact of a top QB.
    Yessir!!!!!
    Stafford put the Rams over the top

Brady went to the Bucs and they not only became a playoff team but a SB champ!

Burrow in a couple of years took the worst team in the NFL to a SB.

We went from having the worst QB in the division to the QB with the Most playoff wins (9) and a guy who ties the top guy with a SB ring and two conference titles.

The other two QB's have zero playoff wins and one of them hasnt even made the playoffs before ( he is no Joe Burrow)!

Leave a comment:

• atwaterandstir
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

truth be told mack has played at an elite level every year he's been in the league, including last year before he got hurt. he was the second-highest graded edge defender and all pro in 2020. how many years have I been telling you there is more to being an edge defender than just sack totals? mack is not only very disruptive and one of the best edge rushers in the game, he's also an elite run defender.

so that's two elite run defenders to set the edges and two of the best run stoppers in the middle. not to mention all the additions to the secondary allow James to play near the LOS more to help with run defense as well.

Staley gets more than one season dude. especially when he came in and totally changed the style of defense they run. this team has been gutted since he got here, maybe give the dude more than one season to turn around the culture here?

but of course, you just think he's a terrible coach, lets's see how that opinion holds up, shall we?
    So a defensive coach who takes over and your defense is worse is good?

They missed the playoffs because of him!

Mack like Russell Wilson is a great player and will improve his team at his position for sure.

Randy Gregory has never played at Macks level but he is a solid run defender as well.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2021...owboys-defense

Denver is gonna run the ball even more under Hackett. Keeping guys like Mack and Bosa from flying into the backfield you gotta keep them honest with the run game.

GB had no problem running agaisnt Mack last year on the Bears and Denver ran the ball on your run stuffer Austin Johnson for 165 yards. Wishful thinking to say your gonna stop the run all the sudden. You guys do have better players but your scheme also matters and I dont doubt Macks ability, I dont trust Staley, dude is trying to hard to be smarter than everyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X