Post-maintenance glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-maintenance glitches

OK, I've moved the list up to this post since the problems seem to keep being out there. If anyone experiences something that is not on the list, please feel free to either post it in the thread or PM me and I'll update the list.

Funky things right now are:
    • green bars instead of orange
    • font, size, and color boxes are in odd places or too small to use
    • cp window pops up way down on the page
    • member profiles are all screwed up (no join date, pic, etc.)
    • some posters cannot cp at all(and they're not on probation/suspended)
    Last edited by Flatlander Fan; 03-26-2009, 01:11 PM.
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
    FF is awesome!

I was briefly talking about the green donk dots with LT last night. My PC at home has them in orange but this iMac at work still has them green. I just thought that was odd.

I think for the most part they know of the issues already.

*shrugs*
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      I was briefly talking about the green donk dots with LT last night. My PC at home has them in orange but this iMac at work still has them green. I just thought that was odd.

I think for the most part they know of the issues already.

*shrugs*
      Yeah, I figure they probably do, too. But take the dots for an example. They're still green on my screen (using a laptop this morning, was on my work comp yesterday). I know that Katie and MD both said that they're orange on their computers...

Some other things that were working normally on my work comp yesterday are screwy on this laptop I'm on today, too.
      FF is awesome!

Comment

Go ahead and list them here if you like. I suspect they've been accounted for already and will be resolved in time, but just in case it wouldn't hurt to start a list.

One never knows after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          Go ahead and list them here if you like. I suspect they've been accounted for already and will be resolved in time, but just in case it wouldn't hurt to start a list.

One never knows after all.
          Just trying to be helpful. I am confident that folks are working on the glitches, but in the spirit of collaboration thought we as users could provide updates along the way.

Funky things right now are:
          • green bars instead of orange
          • font, size, and color boxes are in odd places or too small to use
          • cp window pops up way down on the page
          • member profiles are all screwed up (no join date, pic, etc.)
          • some posters cannot cp at all(and they're not on probation/suspended
          Last edited by Flatlander Fan; 03-26-2009, 01:08 PM.
          FF is awesome!

Comment

I can live with the green, but I have not been able to CP anyone. I have tried scrolling up and down the screen to see if it is in an obscure place, but to no avail.

Also, mooncamping and broncofansd still seem to be able to start threads.....
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I can live with the green, but I have not been able to CP anyone. I have tried scrolling up and down the screen to see if it is in an obscure place, but to no avail.

Also, mooncamping and broncofansd still seem to be able to start threads.....
              try left clicking the cp bar...

hit open in new window...

then it should open up to cp..

ive given out cp's but i can scroll down ...

the above should help with your situation thou too..
              sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

I'm green.

Went to refresh a page and it came back green. Very pretty.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                  I'm green.

Went to refresh a page and it came back green. Very pretty.
                  Oh yeah sure! Put a posotive spin on it!!!!!
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I'm wouldn't consider this a glitch, but perhaps a new feature?

Above my CP's today I see a new title bar stating "You have a pending new friend request"

I've never seen that before and assumed it was from Broncoscountry. So I bop on over there and had 5 new requests actually and none of them matched the name stated.

So what is this new feature?

sigpic

Comment

Above my CP's today I see a new title bar stating "You have a pending new friend request"

I've never seen that before and assumed it was from Broncoscountry. So I bop on over there and had 5 new requests actually and none of them matched the name stated.

It's part of the upgrade. This version of the boards supports social groups.

Comment

It's part of the upgrade. This version of the boards supports social groups.
                        Interesting.

I accepted the request and then saw where I can invite people to be my friend. So I suppose I need to look around the control panel and see what else the admin is up to.

Is there a separate forum/link where these friends can chat or something?

sigpic

Comment

Interesting.

I accepted the request and then saw where I can invite people to be my friend. So I suppose I need to look around the control panel and see what else the admin is up to.

Is there a separate forum/link where these friends can chat or something?
                          Nope. But there are some settings that may or may not be on right now that will allow friends to do certain things (like comment on your profiles) down the road.

Just for the record, this version of the boards has a ton of new features. Not all of them are compatible with our community. Many of them actually.

Just because the board is capable of doing something doesn't mean the community is. Just putting that out there and trying to... "Manage expectations."

Not all the features you guys see parts of right now are going to stay. Some will, some won't, and we haven't talked about those or looked into their compatibility yet.

Comment

Nope. But there are some settings that may or may not be on right now that will allow friends to do certain things (like comment on your profiles) down the road.

Just for the record, this version of the boards has a ton of new features. Not all of them are compatible with our community. Many of them actually.

Just because the board is capable of doing something doesn't mean the community is. Just putting that out there and trying to... "Manage expectations."

Not all the features you guys see parts of right now are going to stay. Some will, some won't, and we haven't talked about those or looked into their compatibility yet.
                            I don't have any friend requests , but I noticed the new Networking (Contacts and Friends; Social Groups; Pictures and Albums) on the side bar. Is this connected with BC or is it separate (for here)? Pretty cool.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Okay, I don't think those were supposed to be on yet... I'm checking on some stuff now. I'm supposed to be in contact with someone soon and we'll get on the same page.

Try to be patient guys. If a new feature or item pops up or something and then vanishes just go with it for a bit. We haven't had time to look into much, yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X