Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are sigs getting out of hand?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are sigs getting out of hand?

    Way back in September 2006, Steve Harbula announced the maximum sizes
    allowed in sigs. Even though Steve is now gone, his post is still stickied, which
    indicates to me that it is still in force.

    It seems to me that a few may be ignoring or are unaware of that mandate,
    which may include a few mods? At any rate, it gets annoying having to scroll
    past huge sigs to get to the next post.

    I have a sizable sig myself (btw, I would like some help in determining whether
    I am in violation), yet it seems a few other sigs just dwarf mine.

    A couple other boards have really clamped down on sig sizes, one which did
    away with them altogether. I'm not for doing away with them, but if I had to
    scale mine down to meet new regs on it, I would . . . I did on the others I
    mentioned.

    Tell me if you agree or if you think I just have a wild imagination.

    -----

  • #2
    Originally posted by topscribe View Post
    Way back in September 2006, Steve Harbula announced the maximum sizes
    allowed in sigs. Even though Steve is now gone, his post is still stickied, which
    indicates to me that it is still in force.

    It seems to me that a few may be ignoring or are unaware of that mandate,
    which may include a few mods? At any rate, it gets annoying having to scroll
    past huge sigs to get to the next post.

    I have a sizable sig myself (btw, I would like some help in determining whether
    I am in violation), yet it seems a few other sigs just dwarf mine.

    A couple other boards have really clamped down on sig sizes, one which did
    away with them altogether. I'm not for doing away with them, but if I had to
    scale mine down to meet new regs on it, I would . . . I did on the others I
    mentioned.

    Tell me if you agree or if you think I just have a wild imagination.

    -----

    I agree some threads are fetting 4-5 pages when in reality thye would be 2 pages at most. its annoying when you can photoshop a picture smaller anyways. I agree this needs to be taken care of.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by topscribe View Post
      Way back in September 2006, Steve Harbula announced the maximum sizes
      allowed in sigs. Even though Steve is now gone, his post is still stickied, which
      indicates to me that it is still in force.

      It seems to me that a few may be ignoring or are unaware of that mandate,
      which may include a few mods? At any rate, it gets annoying having to scroll
      past huge sigs to get to the next post.

      I have a sizable sig myself (btw, I would like some help in determining whether
      I am in violation), yet it seems a few other sigs just dwarf mine.

      A couple other boards have really clamped down on sig sizes, one which did
      away with them altogether. I'm not for doing away with them, but if I had to
      scale mine down to meet new regs on it, I would . . . I did on the others I
      mentioned.

      Tell me if you agree or if you think I just have a wild imagination.

      -----
      top there have been a few posters that ive PM'd LT about..

      some of the sigs were way too big...

      its one thing to have one large picture.. that can be resized if needed..

      its another to have a story book in your sig...

      some poster have multiple pictures in their sigs and thats where it get outta hand...

      the best thing to do is report the poster of send a PM to a mod about it...

      if you dont wanna be the guy ill gladly do it cuz they are rather annoying sometimes..
      sigpic

      sig by B4B6..

      Comment


      • #4
        I have sig's turned off, but when I am lurking I notice some sigs that are MASSIVE.

        I don't want the mods to be sticklers about it though. A big reason why I like this site is because the mods don't "over moderate" like a lot of other boards I go to.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
          I have sig's turned off, but when I am lurking I notice some sigs that are MASSIVE.

          I don't want the mods to be sticklers about it though. A big reason why I like this site is because the mods don't "over moderate" like a lot of other boards I go to.
          its one thing to overmoderate a board its another to have to scroll down an entire page just to read the next post...

          and then realize that the next post is the same poster as before and you need to then scoll down another page to see the next post..

          im all for posters expressing themselves in sigs but seriously some posters are outta control and thats why the mods resize the sigs...
          sigpic

          sig by B4B6..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
            its one thing to overmoderate a board its another to have to scroll down an entire page just to read the next post...

            and then realize that the next post is the same poster as before and you need to then scoll down another page to see the next post..

            im all for posters expressing themselves in sigs but seriously some posters are outta control and thats why the mods resize the sigs...
            I agree, a lot of them are waaaaaaayyyyyy over the line.

            The sig that I have wouldn't be allowed at most sites I have been to. At the Charger board if your sig is just an inch to big you get a 3 day ban. I don't want our board to be like that.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
              top there have been a few posters that ive PM'd LT about..

              some of the sigs were way too big...

              its one thing to have one large picture.. that can be resized if needed..

              its another to have a story book in your sig...

              some poster have multiple pictures in their sigs and thats where it get outta hand...

              the best thing to do is report the poster of send a PM to a mod about it...

              if you dont wanna be the guy ill gladly do it cuz they are rather annoying sometimes..
              No, I don't have any problem going to mods. I WAS one, after all.
              (Well, not on this board, but I did it for about 1½ years, which was about
              1½ too many.) I just thought I might get the feelings of other posters on the
              issue.

              Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
              I have sig's turned off, but when I am lurking I notice some sigs that are MASSIVE.

              I don't want the mods to be sticklers about it though. A big reason why I like this site is because the mods don't "over moderate" like a lot of other boards I go to.
              I hate over-moderating, too . . . but it's such a fine line. It seemed, as a mod,
              I would get accusations of both over-moderating and under-moderating with
              the same decision!
              It can be frustrating, this modding business, I'll tell you.

              Nonetheless, the size of the sig is one area that I would like to see enforced
              according to the rules laid out. Massive sigs can be distracting and annoying
              to probably a healthy majority of the posters.

              Again, maybe I speak as a hypocrite since my sig is not necessarily small. But
              if I get a lot of feedback saying that mine is too big, too, I will scale it back.
              The board, after all, is not all about me . . . well, I may be VIP , but
              it isn't all about me. *I think*

              -----

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                I have sig's turned off, but when I am lurking I notice some sigs that are MASSIVE.
                i did too but then i got some silly slap on the wrist and now they're visible again

                so what i'm doing now is just adblocking them, especially the anti broncos or non football related ones......if anybody is using firefox, adblock is a very simple, free, add on that works great

                i agree they're totally out of control but it's easily fixed

                Comment


                • #9
                  They are way too big...that rule was put into place for a reason, and I think mods should just use their judgment on each sig they see...if it looks to be, ask the user to remove it or make it smaller...
                  Administrator

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The following post is my opinion only....

                    Honestly... I seldom take care of a sig when I'm scrolling through on my own. It does happen, but not much.

                    I certainly don't carry a ruler.

                    And I never have given infractions for a sig size. I likely only would if someone were to put a sig back up that was removed. Of course... that could be very bad for them indeed.



                    Anyway... the rule is still in place... but if you see one that is too big... say something. I just scroll right by them. It's bad enough that I have to try and catch every attack and misuse of language... I won't waste my time measuring sigs. I'll take care of overly large ones that catch my attention, and I'll respond to all reports I get.

                    Thanks!

                    Trychon.
                    Thanks, Reid!
                    sigpic
                    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How's my current sig suiting everyone?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hope mine is between lines.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          How's my current sig suiting everyone?
                          As long as it is Spur-less, its fine to me.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Are sigs getting out of hand?

                            No ............
                            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thats why I turned sigs off LONG ago. Some want to have HUGE friggin sigs, for some reason. Then they want six other things floating around.

                              I actually enjoy the boards much more that they are turned off. I have had some very nice people make sigs for me because they notice I haven't worn them..... but I don't wear them because I feel I'm adding to the ad nauseum.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X