X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
    I thought we had new headline banners on the way...hint hint...
    I would think they would use it to advertise Broncos gear from the proshop ..

I would like to see a row of '09 Broncos hats for this year and price .... Just like a catalog of sorts

Same for styles of shirts,jerseys,Helms,the whole 9 yds .... The webpage has plenty of room and lots of dead space as it seems to me .... I was thinking of a tab/box design 4 high 4 across instead of vertical down format that we use now for thread design but thats a different ball of not happening wax
    Last edited by LarryDean; 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    I thought we had new headline banners on the way...hint hint...

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    New info: Cussing relieves pain.

Click.

That's right, you heard it here first. Not only are people who cuss smarter, but they're also tougher, stronger, and last longer.

How appropriate that this was preceded by an ad for Extra gum.
    I must rival Hulk Hogan by now . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
    ur not helpin
    Oddly, "Not the first time I heard that this week."

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    ur not helpin

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    New info: Cussing relieves pain.

Click.

That's right, you heard it here first. Not only are people who cuss smarter, but they're also tougher, stronger, and last longer.

How appropriate that this was preceded by an ad for Extra gum.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    So, is there extra punishment if it's mispelled too?

Extra lasts and extra, extra long time.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
    I take notice in the way people speak ... Its few and far between when someone catches my eye ....

Thanks for conversation Alastor
    Word up, yo.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    No, I buy that. I used to be a much better speaker in person than I was in writing.

I worked on the Internet for a few years though, and I also learned that sometimes I was too verbose in person and came off as snooty, so now I try to use smaller words and hedge my phrasings more and such... I've essentially made myself self-conscious when speaking in person.

So my in person speech has declined while my written speech has swung upwards. I completely buy your story. I've fallen victim to it myself (but opposite).
    I take notice in the way people speak ... Its few and far between when someone catches my eye ....

Thanks for conversation Alastor

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    No, I buy that. I used to be a much better speaker in person than I was in writing.

I worked on the Internet for a few years though, and I also learned that sometimes I was too verbose in person and came off as snooty, so now I try to use smaller words and hedge my phrasings more and such... I've essentially made myself self-conscious when speaking in person.

So my in person speech has declined while my written speech has swung upwards. I completely buy your story. I've fallen victim to it myself (but opposite).

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    I didn't say it was accepted in all environments. It's also not a good idea to discuss your past relationships in front of your girlfriend's mother. Refraining from such conversations doesn't mean you don't have those conversations or aren't capable of having those conversations in other environments.

I said the study found a link to people that cuss more being more intelligent.

We do a lot of things in social circumstances due to "custom" that aren't particularly intelligent.

For many years not being part of certain groups wasn't acceptable at higher levels either, but that wasn't particularly intelligent. Social rules are social rules. We obey them generally speaking, even if they don't make sense (and many of our social rules don't).

I'm not saying those who can't control their cussing are more intelligent. That's not what the study said either.

It simply said that those who are more prone to use profanity tend to be more intelligent. That doesn't mean they ignore the social laws our society has and run around like wild animals cussing up the board room.

I never cuss on this site. Neither do most people. Get me alone sometime though and in a situation that's not business related or a professional environment. See what my vocabulary turns into when left to my own devices.

One who cusses a lot doesn't mean they cuss all the time and uncontrollably. That's a disease. It's called Tourette Syndrome.

We're talking about otherwise normal people here, who have a greater propensity to cuss. That's all.
    I see what your saying .... Even though its not the right saying for the topic ...

You never can judge a book by its cover .... Use of words per say to judge a person ...

I was playing more devils advocate just for debate ....Its hard to believe I'm sure but if I could spell and type as well as I can communicate through speech....I would be able to give CanDB a run for his money ... But thats where perception comes into play ....

I would have a real tough time selling that using my abilities on here ...

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Something had to be flawed about that study ... Could you imagine trying to sell a buisness idea to a group of investors using curse words ....
    I didn't say it was accepted in all environments. It's also not a good idea to discuss your past relationships in front of your girlfriend's mother. Refraining from such conversations doesn't mean you don't have those conversations or aren't capable of having those conversations in other environments.

I said the study found a link to people that cuss more being more intelligent.

We do a lot of things in social circumstances due to "custom" that aren't particularly intelligent.

For many years not being part of certain groups wasn't acceptable at higher levels either, but that wasn't particularly intelligent. Social rules are social rules. We obey them generally speaking, even if they don't make sense (and many of our social rules don't).

I'm not saying those who can't control their cussing are more intelligent. That's not what the study said either.

It simply said that those who are more prone to use profanity tend to be more intelligent. That doesn't mean they ignore the social laws our society has and run around like wild animals cussing up the board room.

I never cuss on this site. Neither do most people. Get me alone sometime though and in a situation that's not business related or a professional environment. See what my vocabulary turns into when left to my own devices.

One who cusses a lot doesn't mean they cuss all the time and uncontrollably. That's a disease. It's called Tourette Syndrome.

We're talking about otherwise normal people here, who have a greater propensity to cuss. That's all.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    To my knowledge, it's the only such scientific study ever conducted on such things. And yeah, Harvard is pretty well-respected. In light of the absence of contrary evidence... I think "fact" is a pretty strong word to use, but I accept it as reality until shown otherwise.
    Something had to be flawed about that study ... Could you imagine trying to sell a buisness idea to a group of investors using curse words ....Giving a presentation on nuclear physics saying "This is what the bleep this is" ....No one would buy into what you was selling because why seemingly you would not know what your talking about thus looking and sounded dumb ....

I take that back .... Telling someone ..... This stuff right here is the Bleep ... You need this Bleep right here

Is the best sell line ever ...
    Last edited by LarryDean; 07-08-2009, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Well then I'm pure brillance and because Harvard did a study on it it's a fact

To my knowledge, it's the only such scientific study ever conducted on such things. And yeah, Harvard is pretty well-respected. In light of the absence of contrary evidence... I think "fact" is a pretty strong word to use, but I accept it as reality until shown otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    A study conducted by Harvard would say the best person you ever dated is wrong.

I've heard a lot of people say that cussing is a sign of low intelligence and a low vocabulary. In reality however, it's quite the opposite. People that cuss a lot really do tend to be smarter.
    Well then I'm pure brillance and because Harvard did a study on it it's a fact

Leave a comment:

Working...
X