General Discussions section was comedy club a lil while ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discussions section was comedy club a lil while ago

i was lmao. Someone kept posting new threads about fans who dont agree with the FO, and said all of them should leave, and he was getting angry about it. it was hilarious and then he called out the mods, bad idea. and the cutler jersey thing has a bunch of funny posts. The section went wild earlier
    Last edited by Peanut; 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM.

I probably shouldn't say this, but that usually doesn't stop me.

There were not "a bunch" of people doing that. It was one person.

As often happens when one person for whatever reason starts to act like a howler monkey on PCP, it gets contagious.

Fortunately, I think most of the regulars managed to avoid falling into the perception of what was going on (mob mentality and all that). Some didn't, and that's unfortunate, but most managed to not take the bait.

So no, it really wasn't "a bunch of people."

It was one person who got upset over something, used aliases to make it appear to be more than one person.

In reality, it was one person, despite that it appeared to be many more than that.

Kudos to everyone that managed not to fall into the frenzy, no matter how contrived. It's just bait to cause the other members trouble. I've seen it a lot before. Someone gets pissed so they try to take as many people out with them as possible when they go.

I was really pretty impressed that most of you didn't take the bait.

For those few who did... :shrug: If this is the worst thing that happens all week, it's been a good week.

Comment

lol yeah i know i mistyped and meant to say it was one, but i was cracking up at it

Comment

so it was one guy who created multiple accounts Alastor? I kinda thought that, but thought it wouldn't be fair for me to just to such a rash conclusion.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          so it was one guy who created multiple accounts Alastor? I kinda thought that, but thought it wouldn't be fair for me to just to such a rash conclusion.
          Well, I probably shouldn't say as much as I did. But since I already said it I'll just stick with what I said. "It was one person."

It's odd too, because there really isn't any motive for it. They didn't have any significant previous infractions or anything recently. I have no idea what it was.

Something's in the water today. Cinn got his first hate thread today! He's now officially a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            Well, I probably shouldn't say as much as I did. But since I already said it I'll just stick with what I said. "It was one person."

It's odd too, because there really isn't any motive for it. They didn't have any significant previous infractions or anything recently. I have no idea what it was.

Something's in the water today. Cinn got his first hate thread today! He's now officially a mod.

Cinny was initiated I guess. I understand that you can't say too much. It's good though that the poster is gone. Thanks for clearin up our boards Alastor :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              Cinny was initiated I guess. I understand that you can't say too much. It's good though that the poster is gone. Thanks for clearin up our boards Alastor :salute!:
              No sweat. Cinn did a lot of work tonight too. Thus the "initiation."

I actually just got back home not too long ago. It was all him for the most-part.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Should we start an 'I love Cinny' thread?

I did give him a pat on the back, though.

Is it a full moon tonight?
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post

It's a full moon pie tonight!

It's in mah belly, makin' me happeh!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post

No need, I was actually half happy I got my first hate thread. No hate means I must not have been in my job very long.

and thanks MD!

Comment

i was reading all that happen, with that fan who lost his mind last night, and he brought up the bill of rights

why do people always cry freedom of speech at an online forum, when just to post there they had to agree with the forum's TOS or COC (this forum likes the term COC - code of conduct)

if you're going to agree to a terms of service or code of conduct when signing up, you can't then later cry about bill of rights or freedom of speech

to the person who started all those crazy-ass threads, next time use your damn head, seriously

you signed up to a forum, they have mods, if you do something against the COC, you're an idiot (and calling you an idiot is probably against the COC....IRONY! haha)
                      sigpic

Comment

I missed it?

I'll go make some new accounts to harrass Cinny.

JC - It's EXTREMELY common for people to think we're abusing their rights here. It's ridiculous.

Finally, I told someone that I'd be within my rights to go change the CoC then ban them for a new rule. (Nobody here would do that on a whim, obviously)
                        Thanks, Reid!
                        sigpic
                        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I missed this for a party? Damn it totally not worth it. :doh:

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun was to be had last night. SOrry I missed it.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                              Sounds like a lot of fun was to be had last night. SOrry I missed it.
                              On 2nd thought.... nah... Im glad I missed it.
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                              X