Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Also, 99% of the time, outside of spam... a ban isn't permanent.

If the member behaves and comes back in the proper manner with their original account, then there is no problems. If we banned their IP in the process, we'd have to manually keep an eye out for when to lift the IP bans.

IP bans are for the special cases.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
    I noticed in the Newbie forum, that some guy named autobot(whose previous account here was banned/suspended) rejoined the boards, and the mods weren't very happy about it from what I could tell. Quick question/suggestion I guess but when you ban/suspend someone why not just ban there IP from creating new accounts or logging in? I know it can be done(perhaps not on this site though?) because it happend to me once when I was 12 lol.
    It can be done, and has been done, but what if the guy is posting from work, and we ban the IP? Then no one else using that IP can log in either. It's a last resort, but when people begin to abuse the system, and keep creating alternate accounts, the next step IS an IP ban.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    started a topic Bannings

Bannings

I noticed in the Newbie forum, that some guy named autobot(whose previous account here was banned/suspended) rejoined the boards, and the mods weren't very happy about it from what I could tell. Quick question/suggestion I guess but when you ban/suspend someone why not just ban there IP from creating new accounts or logging in? I know it can be done(perhaps not on this site though?) because it happend to me once when I was 12 lol.
Working...
X