Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Want to bump this because there are lot's of these kinds of threads in the GD section now.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    This discussion has come up before.

My only response is the same as my other response: Show us it will be used.

Do a couple of tailgate threads that generate some interest and see if it merits a forum adaptation first.

Neither I, nor any of the other mods, are going to just go changing forums around or asking to change forums around without a good reason.

If you want a forum adapted/changed/added there needs to be a reason. Substantiate that there's a use for this here and we'll go from there.

Others, myself included, have attempted to organize get-togethers a number of times. Training camp multiple times, the San Fran game multiple times (there's a thread in the locker room as well), and several other attempts have been made. It was met with... "Little interest."

It's a wonderful idea, but in reality it is not producing results and isn't being used. We're not (or at least I'm not) going to ask to create a forum for something that doesn't serve a purpose.

If you want a tailgate section, substantiate that it would be used. Then we'll go from there. Making repeated threads asking for one to be added without substantiating that it has a purpose though, isn't going to get us anywhere.

Believe me, if it has legs and is worth it, I'll be the most vocal supporter you guys have. Right now however, I have nothing upon which to make my case on your behalf despite even my own repeated efforts to initiate something of this nature.

"The proof is in the pudding."

Bring us some pudding, please.

Its hard to show that it will get used if you don't add the forum.
    Starting 1 or 2 thread about a tailgate in the GD forum is different then having a forum specifically for tailgates. Because not everyone reads every thread in GD plus threads get washed away pretty fast.

I like the idea of a tail gate forum and on other Bronco sites where they have them, it gets used a lot.

So I say we should have like a 1 month trial. Create a tail gate forum and see how much it gets used in that month span and decide on whether we should keep it or not.

Thats just my 2 cents and the best way to do it IMO.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    I thought xX had a really good idea here ...

I think it would be good to have a forum all about Denver...

wht to do once there Hotel,Bars,Parking,travel questions about the game and watching the team..We see each year fans asking questions about the home games and where to watch the game..

examples

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=149847

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...40#post2894340

It would be nice for them to have a easy refence point sorta link an online guide to the area and the Broncos representing ...

I think it would also be nice to tie in Broncos Merchandise to sell and or drool over ....
    Last edited by LarryDean; 09-07-2009, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    There is a Tailgating thread in OCG. If you support the OP please use it.
    No offense but I still like the OP's idea more

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Lol are you serious? Never even knew it existed.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    "Tailgates & Kool Aid"

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    This is definitely a clever proposal from the OP and I would support it.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied

I was just doing something similar.

I counted 9 in GD, 3 in Newbie, 1 in OCG, 1 in OT and 1 in ABF. All current (this year). I did not check the other forums.

Alastor, maybe the reason you and BB have not had the responses is because it is preseason? Or, they're not home games? Maybe they are afraid of you?

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148167

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148022

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148161

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148162

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=148096

Just a little I found from a minute of looking at GD.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    I started a Tailgate thread what are the chances of getting it pinned so it is easy to find and mabye will get more use.
    Sure. Link please?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I started a Tailgate thread what are the chances of getting it pinned so it is easy to find and mabye will get more use.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    This discussion has come up before.

My only response is the same as my other response: Show us it will be used.

Do a couple of tailgate threads that generate some interest and see if it merits a forum adaptation first.

Neither I, nor any of the other mods, are going to just go changing forums around or asking to change forums around without a good reason.

If you want a forum adapted/changed/added there needs to be a reason. Substantiate that there's a use for this here and we'll go from there.

Others, myself included, have attempted to organize get-togethers a number of times. Training camp multiple times, the San Fran game multiple times (there's a thread in the locker room as well), and several other attempts have been made. It was met with... "Little interest."

It's a wonderful idea, but in reality it is not producing results and isn't being used. We're not (or at least I'm not) going to ask to create a forum for something that doesn't serve a purpose.

If you want a tailgate section, substantiate that it would be used. Then we'll go from there. Making repeated threads asking for one to be added without substantiating that it has a purpose though, isn't going to get us anywhere.

Believe me, if it has legs and is worth it, I'll be the most vocal supporter you guys have. Right now however, I have nothing upon which to make my case on your behalf despite even my own repeated efforts to initiate something of this nature.

"The proof is in the pudding."

Bring us some pudding, please.
    Last year I went to the chefs game in Denver. I tried to get some interest in tailgating.

I ended up meeting up with chazoe60 and having a beer. That was my 'tailgate' party.

It WAS awesome to meet chaz, tho.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    Cincy vs. Denver.

I've said it before, and I'll point it out again... I became a member of these boards when I was in Denver... I became a regular when I was no longer in Denver and the News was harder to come across... as were other fans to talk to.

There ARE a fair number of members here in the Denver area, but I think on average, many of the more active members are not in the Denver area. Also, it's possible for many fans in the Denver area to take the opportunity to go to a game and hang out for granted. I know I did and regret it to this day.

Living in Louisville, KY... the schedule comes out, and we're staring at the schedule trying to figure out what games we can make.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Okay, that thread's gotten some attention. I find it shameful that you guys in Ohio can put together a better round-up than the people here in Denver, but whatever.

Okay, so that's 1 for the pudding stack. Bear in mind that next to it there's a flop of a training camp thread, a flop of a San Fran thread (both local and one for those in Cali) and a couple of others.

Bring moar pudding.

It's a start, though.
    We are going to have quite a gathering in Cincinnati. It is exciting so many are going to participate. It is going to be a hoot meeting everyone but this is getting :offtopic:

"Tickets, Tailgating and Orange Colored Glasses?"

"Orange Ticket Tailgates?" - Too confusing. Cute, but too confusing.
    Lord knows we don't need confusing around here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X