Message Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Boards

It seems like the majority of NFL forums don't have language censorship. Just curious, has it always been stricter here?

I remember people saying that the Talkin' Smack section had a lot more "animosity" back in the day too.

Moved to feedback forum.

It's a fair question.

Basic rule of thumb: If you can hear it or see it on the National Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX), then its acceptable here.

Same goes with posting pictures of half-clad men and women. Anything that would be acceptable for the Broncos calender is acceptable here.

Over time, some of the 3 letter abbreviations have also been put on the filter.

Lastly, this is a family website. Thats what the "Trust E Safe Harbor" at the bottom of each page means. This is classified as a site acceptable to young viewers.

Thats the way the Broncos want it here. I know a lot of the unaffliated sites allow profanity, and that is their decision. Its just not accepted here.
    sigpic
    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
    -Sean Payton

Comment

I actually think its a good idea. This place would be out. of. control. if people were allowed to cuss and cut each other down.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        I actually think its a good idea. This place would be out. of. control. if people were allowed to cuss and cut each other down.
        Exactly. Having to express opinions without derogatory remarks helps keeps the empty commentary off the site. The minimum character limit also does wonders...
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post

Lastly, this is a family website. Thats what the "Trust E Safe Harbor" at the bottom of each page means. This is classified as a site acceptable to young viewers.
          I did not know that and it explains a lot
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
            Exactly. Having to express opinions without derogatory remarks helps keeps the empty commentary off the site. The minimum character limit also does wonders...
            I like it here. Just the way it is.
            Last edited by Peanut; 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Could you imagine if people could say whatever the wanted to in the GD?
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

Originally posted by IHSD View Post
                Could you imagine if people could say whatever the wanted to in the GD?
                Oh, its been tried, believe me.

This Kyle Orton thing? Much calmer than the Plummer Wars. A lot was modified after that was over.

This is an ever-evolving site, and the challenges are always new.

The membership here is a good one.
                sigpic

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

I loved the Plummer wars.

Comment

The Plummer Wars. Its funny how it sounds like some sort of real event, like an actual war. Crazy times those were. Not that these times arent crazy too, but, those were just downright scary.
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                      So did I. Good times
                      sigpic

Comment

One huge melee where EVERYONE was getting eviscerated. Choose a side.

*Sigh* Those were the days...
                        sigpic

"Today's the tomorrow that you should've feared yesterday."

Comment

I just realized this...I became a mod just as the Plummer thing was ending...right after Cutler was drafted (now thats a whole other can of worms!).

Its been 3 years...time goes fast when your're having fun!
                          sigpic

-Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                            I just realized this...I became a mod just as the Plummer thing was ending...right after Cutler was drafted (now thats a whole other can of worms!).

Its been 3 years...time goes fast when your're having fun!
                            You've put up with us for three years?

Get the lady a chair and a drink!
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Broncos_mtnman and the co funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X