Proposals for a sarcasm font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposals for a sarcasm font

Due to an abundance of blatantly obvious sarcastic posts (props to cory)that are apparently not that obvious to some people, the need has been expressed for an official "sarcasm font".

I would like to open the floor for discussion on possibilities. I realize the very existence of this thread opens it up for some sarcastic comments, and I welcome them (seeing that my funny bones reaction is geared 90% toward sarcasm and irony), but it would be great to get some serious, feasible, ideas to solve this problem. If we can get the Broncos boards to do it, I guarantee the idea will spread like wildfire to become the biggest message board innovation since smilies.

So, my thoughts. We could do a smiley with a sign that says "Sarcasm", but a lot of people skip over even highly visible ones.

My best idea is a font that has water droplets coming off it (as in it's "dripping" with sarcasm).

What other ideas can we come up with?

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
    Due to an abundance of blatantly obvious sarcastic posts (props to cory)that are apparently not that obvious to some people, the need has been expressed for an official "sarcasm font".

I would like to open the floor for discussion on possibilities. I realize the very existence of this thread opens it up for some sarcastic comments, and I welcome them (seeing that my funny bones reaction is geared 90% toward sarcasm and irony), but it would be great to get some serious, feasible, ideas to solve this problem. If we can get the Broncos boards to do it, I guarantee the idea will spread like wildfire to become the biggest message board innovation since smilies.

So, my thoughts. We could do a smiley with a sign that says "Sarcasm", but a lot of people skip over even highly visible ones.

My best idea is a font that has water droplets coming off it (as in it's "dripping" with sarcasm).

[Sarcasm] Insert sarcastic remark here. :dance: [/Sarcasm]

I guess thats one option, but i think that just leaving it alone is just as funny because you get all those angry remarks after from the people who didn't get it.. That just add to the fun of the post IMO.. lol

Comment

You could have just said my name; I dont have any shame . Good idea! Totally support it
      sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
      Sig by: MHS

Comment

This is a great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
          [Sarcasm] Insert sarcastic remark here. :dance: [/Sarcasm]

I guess thats one option, but i think that just leaving it alone is just as funny because you get all those angry remarks after from the people who didn't get it.. That just add to the fun of the post IMO.. lol
          That would work, but it would have to be a one touch button, because noone is going to take the time to type out [sarcasm] . . . we're all too lazy for that.

Comment

sarcasm is for nerds

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
              sarcasm is for nerds
              Your mom is a nerd

edit: whoa, flashback to my high school days . . . still got the "your mom" reflex

Edit#2: See, a sarcasm font for my first response would have avoided all the people telling me to leave your mom alone

Comment

Sarcasm is difficult for some to recognize.

I've occasionally ended a post with.

/sarcasm off

And this will get moved to the feedback forum I'm sure.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Your mom is a nerd

edit: whoa, flashback to my high school days . . . still got the "your mom" reflex
                  i agree my mom is pretty nerdy at times

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                    Sarcasm is difficult for some to recognize.

I've occasionally ended a post with.

/sarcasm off

And this will get moved to the feedback forum I'm sure.
                    Doah, didn't think about putting it in there. Quick, someone mention football so it doesn't get moved.

Hey, Broncos_own, your mom is a football

Comment

Doah, didn't think about putting it in there. Quick, someone mention football so it doesn't get moved.

Hey, Broncos_own, your mom is a football
                      how dare you insult my mom calling her a football

Comment

At least she wears lace.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Now it's going in the smack section.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by HorseStance View Post
                            Now it's going in the smack section.. lol
                            Just can't win, can I?

Comment

I usually just use /endsarcasm
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X