Buggy Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy Profiles

When viewing any profile, I'm always getting --on every computer and browser I use -- the TRUSTe box smack dab in the middle of the page I'm trying to view.

This wouldn't be so much of a problem except I can't click on any links or features of the sort that is behind the image and what-have-you. Pretty much anything behind the text and image is inaccessible unless I use the tab button. So here's a picture:

Brock you like a hurricane!
    sigpic
    Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Who says I *want* you clicking the links on my profile page??? :nono:

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
      Who says I *want* you clicking the links on my profile page??? :nono:

Damn! TRUSTe foiled me again!

sigpic

Comment

You're not the only one. I assumed it was just the Firefox I was using, but this weekend I was checking the forums from another computer and had to use IE (), and found the same problem.

I'll see what I can do to bring this up to those who need to see it.

Comment

It's already in the queue to get fixed, actually. It's an issue with the - act shocked - layout.

Comment

Originally posted by alastor View Post
            it's already in the queue to get fixed, actually. It's an issue with the - act shocked - layout.
            Thanks for the update. Thought it was rather weird, though it only appeared recently. Probably around the time the new banners were put up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
              Thanks for the update. Thought it was rather weird, though it only appeared recently. Probably around the time the new banners were put up.

Yeah, that's about the time we fixed the last bug in the layouts...

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                Yeah, that's about the time we fixed the last bug in the layouts...
                I've actually been having that problem for much longer than that.

Since the upgrade last spring for me, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  I've actually been having that problem for much longer than that.

Since the upgrade last spring for me, actually.
                  It's the same type of problem we've been having all along, but now it's in a different place (the overtext).

Apparently we didn't so much "fix it" as "move it to a better location."

Comment

There's a technique you see. :ninja:

Highlight the area right above the cut-off with your mouse, and then press tab. There'll be an outline selecting "Find All Posts by ____." Simply press enter from there, or press tab again to highlight "View All threads Started by ____."

I didn't know that tab would work on the first link under the highlight, but I guess it does.

Less pain in the ass > Big pain in the ass
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a technique you see. :ninja:

Highlight the area right above the cut-off with your mouse, and then press tab. There'll be an outline selecting "Find All Posts by ____." Simply press enter from there, or press tab again to highlight "View All threads Started by ____."

I didn't know that tab would work on the first link under the highlight, but I guess it does.

Less pain in the ass > Big pain in the ass
                      Okay. I tried that. Doesn't work. So, I figure I'm doing it wrong. Which makes me ask, what cut-off? When I highlight and hit tab, it outlines 'Contact Us'.

Sometimes computers and I do not get along.
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Okay. I tried that. Doesn't work. So, I figure I'm doing it wrong. Which makes me ask, what cut-off? When I highlight and hit tab, it outlines 'Contact Us'.

Sometimes computers and I do not get along.
                        Just highlight "Total Posts" (the first one) above the "TRUSTe" thing and then press tab. If that's still not working, highlight something a little higher. It highlights the first link under, but the "Contact us" is still recognized as being "below" the other links.

EDIT: Just see post below if that's confusing. This should probably clear things up with a few others in the process.
                        Last edited by Fargo; 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's a visual to make life easy for anybody else.

Apologies to ownit for giving his profile such attention.
                          Last edited by Fargo; 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Fargo!

Comment

Here's a visual to make life easy for anybody else.

Apologies to ownit for giving his profile such attention.
                              I love you!

Umm...

I mean....

Thank you!!

I was highlighting too much.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X