Clear All

• Alastor
    replied
    Welcome. I hope it helped.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Thanks for the information.

I had never subscribed to any thread before so all this stuff is new to me.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    It's the browsers fault?
    Yes, it's the browser's fault.

The boards do what they're supposed to do. They display the threads you have subscribed to that have new posts since your last visit.

If your Browser craps out on you after it tells the boards you've been here, it's not the fault of the boards that it responds as it's supposed to.

Move subscriptions around to different folders?
    Yes. That's what I do to keep track of important threads, is sub-divide my favorites folder.

Why can't it just BE there?
    Because that's not what it's supposed to do. If you want a fast and easy way to find your thread each day, bookmark your thread in your favorites on your browser. Then when you want to pull it up, just click on your thread button.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Exactly.

Why that happens is because your browser told the boards to load the page. Thus, the board thinks you loaded the page. Your browser crapping out directly afterward is... well... your browser's problem. The boards have no way to know that. All the boards know is that your browser requested information and that information was sent.

BM, you can create sub-folders in your favorites too. For example... I don't know if this will be visible or not because the layout fights with the damned boards on thumbnails, but I have sub-folders that I use. Here's a picture of them.

You can move your subscriptions around in your folders as you see fit from inside the control panel. Specifically, inside the control panel click on "view all subscribed threads."

From there you get the full subscription management menu.
    The pic you supplied for an example is very small, and I don't get it anyway.

It's the browsers fault? I access this place through 3 different computers. 2 PC's and 1 iMac and they all have this same thing going on.

Move subscriptions around to different folders?

Why can't it just BE there?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBJ4MVP!!! View Post
    .. What that means is that since you last visited, theres no new posts in your subscribed threads.

Although sometimes it does mess up. And I'll go on the message boards and I'll get x'd out or something and then I miss all the new posts. It does it rarely but sometimes it happens.

But you can always click on "View all subscribed threads" .. That will work. But yea, it probably just messed up on you.

Sorry about the loss man. My heart goes out to you.
    I have to click on "view threads" every time. It's annoying. I don't care if anyone has posted in it or not. If I subscribe to it, it should be there. Plain and simple.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBJ4MVP!!! View Post
    .. What that means is that since you last visited, theres no new posts in your subscribed threads.
    Exactly.

Although sometimes it does mess up. And I'll go on the message boards and I'll get x'd out or something and then I miss all the new posts. It does it rarely but sometimes it happens.
    Why that happens is because your browser told the boards to load the page. Thus, the board thinks you loaded the page. Your browser crapping out directly afterward is... well... your browser's problem. The boards have no way to know that. All the boards know is that your browser requested information and that information was sent.

BM, you can create sub-folders in your favorites too. For example... I don't know if this will be visible or not because the layout fights with the damned boards on thumbnails, but I have sub-folders that I use. Here's a picture of them.

You can move your subscriptions around in your folders as you see fit from inside the control panel. Specifically, inside the control panel click on "view all subscribed threads."

From there you get the full subscription management menu.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBJ4MVP!!!
    replied
    BM69, You need to stop being such a n00b. :nono:

But you can always click on "View all subscribed threads" .. That will work. But yea, it probably just messed up on you.

Sorry about the loss man. My heart goes out to you.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    started a topic Subscribed Threads

Subscribed Threads

Why do I have to search for my subscribed threads? This already is frustrating. The whole point is to have them visible immediataly under my CP right?

I have to take a few steps to find them. I have never done this before and just searching for my daily thread is easier and faster using the search function rather than subscribing to it.

What does this mean anyway?

There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

What time period?

Staff?
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 10-25-2009, 01:04 AM.
Working...
X